Two New Bidders

Griff

Just followed a link to the PDE , from the the Carlisle v St Mirren friendly thread , and noticed an article on 31 May , that stated that there were at least two late bids in for Saints .

Does anyone else know anything about these bids?

Is there a link between these bids coming in , and thursdays meeting?

Hope one is better than REA as he makes no sense now and makes no effort to give information. Buy me he says ...and nobody gets any facts or idea what the price of purchase is. Maybe another bid will tell us?

How can he tell you the purchase price when he doesn't know it? He's already stated that if the asking price of £2m cannot be funded by the DDM's then a final bid will be made to the consortium based on the level of DDM's returned and that it would then be up to the consortium to either take it or leave it.

How can he tell you the purchase price when he doesn't know it? He's already stated that if the asking price of £2m cannot be funded by the DDM's then a final bid will be made to the consortium based on the level of DDM's returned and that it would then be up to the consortium to either take it or leave it.

In another or the same article...REA now talks about £1.5Million.

I haven't even bothered reading the Herald article. There is no point. It is another CIC supporting voice "rallying the support" on behalf of the CIC. I would pay about as much notice to that as I would fat gingy Stu's similarly biased articles on football-dafty or whatever its called.

No more press releases trying to manipulate fans - trust us with the information we require.

Hope one is better than REA as he makes no sense now and makes no effort to give information. Buy me he says ...and nobody gets any facts or idea what the price of purchase is. Maybe another bid will tell us?

I don't remember Ken McGeoch, Massone (?) or the crowd that failed to buy Queen of the South telling the fans anything about their bids / enquiries / offers for St Mirren.

I don't remember Ken McGeoch, Massone (?) or the crowd that failed to buy Queen of the South telling the fans anything about their bids / enquiries / offers for St Mirren.

They weren't asking fans to take on £1.5Million worth of debt to pay for their bids. Why is we always get the horror stories trotted out whenever yet another rumour of a bid appears - are there no success stories from club takeovers out there?

What if one of these bids has £3Million to invest in the club. That would be £1.5Million to buy off the consortium, and a £1.5Million float to fanny around with that would be invested into the club.

The current bid has fans taking on £1.5Million of debt for the next 10 years and f"k all new investment going into the club...based on current information available through chinese whispers and press releases.

The new bids could just as easily be good for the club as they could be bad for it. We don't know. However, there is no certainty about whether the CIC will be good for the club based on current information available.

They weren't asking fans to take on £1.5Million worth of debt to pay for their bids. Why is we always get the horror stories trotted out whenever yet another rumour of a bid appears - are there no success stories from club takeovers out there?

What if one of these bids has £3Million to invest in the club. That would be £1.5Million to buy off the consortium, and a £1.5Million float to fanny around with that would be invested into the club.

The current bid has fans taking on £1.5Million of debt for the next 10 years and f"k all new investment going into the club...based on current information available through chinese whispers and press releases.

The new bids could just as easily be good for the club as they could be bad for it. We don't know. However, there is no certainty about whether the CIC will be good for the club based on current information available.

But based on your premise about lack of information for the 1000hours bid, there's no certainty that any of the new bids would be good for the club. In fact the only bid whether new or previously knocked back where we've had any information is the 10000hours bid.

Fair point that none of the other non-CIC bids are asking for fans to fund most of their takeover bids. However, with the 2 new rival bids we don't know who is making them and whether it is a case of 1 new owner taking on the club or a consortium or how they are funding the takeover or if they have cash to buy the club without using the club's assets as security or if they are getting Ticketus to put the money in etc.

At least with REA and 10000Hours he has explained broadly how he would attempt to fund the takeover and broken down how much different groups would pay and how long it would take to repay the loans etc and how many fans are needed to buy into his plan,and there is a vision of increasing links to the community in Paisley and hoping to grow attendances through stronger links with people in the area.

Fair point that none of the other non-CIC bids are asking for fans to fund most of their takeover bids. However, with the 2 new rival bids we don't know who is making them and whether it is a case of 1 new owner taking on the club or a consortium or how they are funding the takeover or if they have cash to buy the club without using the club's assets as security or if they are getting Ticketus to put the money in etc.

At least with REA and 10000Hours he has explained broadly how he would attempt to fund the takeover and broken down how much different groups would pay and how long it would take to repay the loans etc and how many fans are needed to buy into his plan,and there is a vision of increasing links to the community in Paisley and hoping to grow attendances through stronger links with people in the area.

DOP, we don't even know if there are 2 new bids. We've been hearing all of this shite for as long as I can remember - as far as were aware the only actual bids were from GLS and they fell a long way short of the asking price.

All this shite about the club being about to be taken over is about as believable as the fan empowerment / community bollox at the moment. It appears to be yet more salesy shite to try and push people into committing to a scheme we know relatively little about.

I am now guessing that Team 10000 Hours patsies have been asked to jump on the back of the Herald article and try and rallying the fans. This is tragic stuff.

DOP, we don't even know if there are 2 new bids. We've been hearing all of this shite for as long as I can remember - as far as were aware the only actual bids were from GLS and they fell a long way short of the asking price.

All this shite about the club being about to be taken over is about as believable as the fan empowerment / community bollox at the moment. It appears to be yet more salesy shite to try and push people into committing to a scheme we know relatively little about.

I am now guessing that Team 10000 Hours patsies have been asked to jump on the back of the Herald article and try and rallying the fans. This is tragic stuff.

Deere me what happened to you along the way ? You were one of the BIG pushers "FOR" a fan buyout now you have turned full circle. The only thing I want to see is the best thing for the club which is surly fan ownership.

I hope to see all the doubters at St Mirren Park on Thursday night putting across your side of the argument. Or is it all just hot air ?

Deere me what happened to you along the way ? You were one of the BIG pushers "FOR" a fan buyout now you have turned full circle. The only thing I want to see is the best thing for the club which is surly fan ownership.

I hope to see all the doubters at St Mirren Park on Thursday night putting across your side of the argument. Or is it all just hot air ?

Elvis and lovestreet will definitely get seats on the board in that casetongue.png

Sorry, it was to good to miss, Ian.

Your post is pretty fair, though. Sometimes it seems that Sid just wants to mix things up a bit for the sake of it. I reckon he's bored with the close season already. Its going to be a long 3 months....

Nothing happened to the bold St Sid along the way. We were asked to support 10000 Hours....we did. 10000 Hours failed at attempt number 1 due to the SNP. They asked for our patience and support whilst they worked on alternatives to the original. We gave them that opportunity. Now they appear to have a final offer to make to us - they just don't seem too provide the information to the fans and instead want to control the process.

We haven't even been supplied with a format for the meeting on Thursday, never mind an agenda, never mind details in advance of the information that will be pushed out to us in a format that suits 10000 Hours. The fans deserve better than that. We have supported 10000 Hours to this point and still we are getting treated like consumers rather than partners - partners who are funding the entire scheme now.

Why can't they just provide the additional information in advance. Why are we only getting a few days to consider whatever blah, blah we get fed now. This is not a good process from the fans perspective - especially with the concerns raised by SMISA that have as yet gone unanswered. 10000 Hours are behaving as if SMISA and St Mirren fans are their enemies rather than their partners.

This process is now nothing more than mugging tactics and should be condemned. The first thing fans should do is ask for further time to consider the offering - if that is not allowed then the shite will be there for all to smell.

The deadline on the bid was not put there by 10000Hours, it was put there by the selling consortium and to be honest after two years of waiting I think the deadline is the best thing that could have happened.

It's time to decide if we (the fans) collectively want this enough, and if we don't then we need to step aside and let someone else put a bid in.

The deadline on the bid was not put there by 10000Hours, it was put there by the selling consortium and to be honest after two years of waiting I think the deadline is the best thing that could have happened.

It's time to decide if we (the fans) collectively want this enough, and if we don't then we need to step aside and let someone else put a bid in.

This is a pretty big question. We are told on one thread to trust that the consortium are fully behind this - on the next thread we are told that the deadline is the fault of the consortium.

Why are the consortium trying to force fans to make a decision when we aren't being provided with the necessary information to base the decision on?

Why are the consortium trying to force fans to make a decision when we aren't being provided with the necessary information to base the decision on?

Simple Sid, cause they want their cash and they want to get out as soon as possible. They've made it clear who they want to sell to but if the fans can't back 10000hours then I don't think anyone could blame the consortium for turning their attentions somewhere else. Why wait longer when there is an important and potentially very unpopular vote about to happen regarding Newco Rangers? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Simple Sid, cause they want their cash and they want to get out as soon as possible. They've made it clear who they want to sell to but if the fans can't back 10000hours then I don't think anyone could blame the consortium for turning their attentions somewhere else. Why wait longer when there is an important and potentially very unpopular vote about to happen regarding Newco Rangers? rolleyes.gif

Which is it then Stu.....are the consortium working with 10000 Hours or not. Why have 10000 Hours waited until the week before the meeting to provide any information. They will hold a meeting, demand fans sign up on the back of it and we'll be stuck with 10 years of debt to the tune of £1.5Million.

The fans are being played by 10000 Hours.

Which is it then Stu.....are the consortium working with 10000 Hours or not. Why have 10000 Hours waited until the week before the meeting to provide any information. They will hold a meeting, demand fans sign up on the back of it and we'll be stuck with 10 years of debt to the tune of £1.5Million.

The fans are being played by 10000 Hours.

What do you mean which is it? I didn't offer two different examples.

Gilmour and Co want to sell and have been trying to sell for years. They've had REA on board for two years and appeared to be working towards selling to 10000hours presumably on the premise that 10000hours were most likely to meet or at least come close to their selling price. Two years on the sale hasn't gone through. How long would you expect Gilmour and Co to wait before looking elsewhere - especially since we are now entering a period of fiscal uncertainty in the SPL?

I can understand the setting of the deadline, and I can understand why the selling consortium would want to cash up and get out before the vote on a Rangers Newco happens. If you stop elevating Gilmour to pedestal level and consider him as just being a businessman it all seems pretty understandable.

Fixed it for you.

Dunno why you keep embarrassing yourself with that div. The fans are not 10000 Hours. If the fans were 10000 Hours then we would be trusted with reviewing the information that relates to 10000 Hours. I doubt even the fans singing up currently consider themselve to be 10000 Hours as yet.

From the original marketing doc:

What is 10000 Hours?

10000 Hours has been set up by a group of individuals led by Richard Atkinson and Chris Stewart for the purposes of buying the majority shareholding in St Mirren FC, which is currently up for sale.

If you think back the 10000 Hours BoD actually sat above the other boards - both the members board and the SMFC board. The idea that 10000 Hours is now the fans is nonsense and is fooling no one. It would be the equivalent of SMISA stating that they are the fans. They have more right than any as they've served their time under thier own funding yet they've managed to resist the levels of arrogance being displayed by "10000 Hours - the fans"

We're safe now , even if the CIC fails , as the new rule passed by the SFA today prevents dodgy folk taking on clubs without the recommendation of the previous owners. Would SG keep the club or tell the world that Massone is really a good guy? happy.png