Stockport V St Mirren 27/7/13

You are either too young to realise the level of club you support, or old and insane. If you are looking for champions league football, regular league title competing positions, then best to look elsewhere.

If you want to stick around for the rough ride, your more than welcome, though success isn't a regular thing.

On a last note, this is pre-season...look at it from the observation of a 4-5 week training camp where every game is treated as a fitness and tactics workout.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

i am reasonably old,thanks for asking !!! you summed it up perfectly i dont "realise the level of the club you support" i really should just throw in the towel and accept the fact that trying to achieve and compete in the league isnt for the likes of us,its for big teams like motherwell,st johnstone and the like.Thanks for allowing me to "stick around" having only followed the team for 40 yrs i appreciate me knowing what a good st mirren team looks like makes you feel insecure, i will try not to embarrass you by voicing my displeasure at our pathetic lack of ambition ever again

You are either too young to realise the level of club you support, or old and insane. If you are looking for champions league football, regular league title competing positions, then best to look elsewhere.

If you want to stick around for the rough ride, your more than welcome, though success isn't a regular thing.

On a last note, this is pre-season...look at it from the observation of a 4-5 week training camp where every game is treated as a fitness and tactics workout.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Black & White Army mobile app

And if you feel the need to talk down to someone,try and be good at it . But thanks for pointing out what constitutes a pre season

The most pleasing aspect of the day for me was continually bumping into Mancunians who told us how much they hated *** after the UEFA cup final in Manchester.

First we told them we used to hate them more than they do. Then we told them that the football club that those scum supported no longer exists.

Smiles and high fives all round. Glorious.

The most pleasing aspect of the day for me was continually bumping into Mancunians who told us how much they hated *** after the UEFA cup final in Manchester.

First we told them we used to hate them more than they do. Then we told them that the football club that those scum supported no longer exists.

Smiles and high fives all round. Glorious.

thumbup2.giflol.gifthumbup2.gif

I actually thought we did ok yesterday, it was clear that your team were a class above but overall I'm happy with our performance. the St Mirren fans I met were a decent bunch, good luck for the season and I'll be looking out for your results.

Great post Countyfan

But that's the problem wi St mirren we are a class above team and fans but too often we let ourselves down. Good luck with your season too

Had a great day - thought we looked solid - pass marks for all - concerned that Reilly is our back up attacker - light weight and in affective - when he came on he ghosted through the game. Special mention and thanks to the players who took the time to sign autographs for my wee lad - every one of them to a man were polite and courteous and a credit to the club - Danny Lennon very engaging and promises he was working hard and would do his utmost to deliver a great season for the fans! On chatting to him I feel he is a good custodian of the club.

Really enjoyed the trip down yesterday.

First half was pretty quiet with the second half being much better.

Few goal chances throughout but thought that apart from a 10 minute spell we were in total command of the game.

Our possession was great as was our players ability to keep possession whilst being quickly closed down.

Thought we looked like a team several divisions above Stockport.

Thought Cornell was fine in goals with - very cool indeed with the ball at his feet and under pressure. Nice wee shimmy past a striker bearing down on him which had a few of us cheering and gasping in equal measure.

Defensively, very solid indeed. Composed and controlled. Easily mopping up any attacks.

Thought we controlled the game from midfield and caused them no end of problems on both wings.

Lots of overlaps on the right wing especially with Teale and DVZ linking well.

We need a bit of work on delivery into the box and for some reason our players looked a bit shot shy at times. At other times, we had really good chances but the players couldn't get any power in the shots at all. Nothing to get too worried about though.

As a pre-season exercise it was excellent and we looked like we cruised it TBH.

Stand out players for me were Teale, McGowan, DVZ, McAusland, Goodwin, Harkins, McGinn. These 7 dominated and were almost continually on the ball.

Teale looked like he was 17 again. Great to see that level of effort.

Thought Grainger and the triallist did very well too. The Newcastle boy fitted in well and looked really solid. Nothing exciting or flamboyant though but more than good enough to warrant a second look. There were no failures out there today.

On a final note. The Stockport fans were great and very friendly. How many times have we ever played a team and had their fans come up to us afterwards and say "Well done" and ask us about our team? Lots of English people in our end which was great because it quickly shut up the group of embarassing twats who were yelling "FREEDOM" and "f**k the English" or words to that effect. They know who they were. All pissed and showing off.

Edited by oaksoft

Just in the door after a very enjoyable trip! Also think I might have sun stroke as it was bloody roasting sitting in that stand with no roof! Was very pleasant mind you! :)

Game was very slow paced- we had the majority of possession and they rarely attempted to get the ball from us! Defence were pretty solid, a couple of slack passes but they were dealt with! Cornell had very little to do but did it all well!

I think the fact that we had so much possession and time with the ball was a downfall- we could easily have won this by 8, 9 maybe more but our finishing was woeful! When Harkins finally put the ball in the net the cheers were of relief more than anything!

The trialist looked good, would certainly give him another shot! Harkins ran and ran and ran all game- Gowser was much quieter today! McGinn definitely a stand out- played on the left wing and some of his touches were delightful!

Teale and Thommo- I'm hoping they were saving themselves for Tuesday as they have both had better days for sure!

Everyone we spoke to today were delightful! Just unfortunate that the biggest bunch of fannies decided to sit beside us thinking they were hilarious making ridiculous remarks constantly looking for reactions whilst pretending they were 'fishing' and making stupid noises! With so many kids sitting around they were also happy to swear loudly too! Absolute idiots! What a joy they were...

Also heard a lot of English accents in amongst our support - also only recognised a small handful of regulars who attend away games which was disappointing! We did have a cracking amount of fans tho!

Mair and Goodwin were also presented with a stamp I think before the match as they were ex-players! Nice touch and the County fans were very friendly!

Best one was when we were walking back to the car and one guy said "excuse my ignorance but where exactly is St Mirrens??" Bless him...

Easy, straight past queen of the south, head towards Hibernian , take a left at heart of Midlothian and go up Raith high street, when you get to the top, take right and head towards Albion , don't take the sevco bypass as that road is a dead end, keep going for around three miles and you should be there. If anyone else has a quicker way let me know.

Really enjoyed the trip down yesterday.

First half was pretty quiet with the second half being much better.

Few goal chances throughout but thought that apart from a 10 minute spell we were in total command of the game.

Our possession was great as was our players ability to keep possession whilst being quickly closed down.

Thought we looked like a team several divisions above Stockport.

Thought Cornell was fine in goals with - very cool indeed with the ball at his feet and under pressure. Nice wee shimmy past a striker bearing down on him which had a few of us cheering and gasping in equal measure.

Defensively, very solid indeed. Composed and controlled. Easily mopping up any attacks.

Thought we controlled the game from midfield and caused them no end of problems on both wings.

Lots of overlaps on the right wing especially with Teale and DVZ linking well.

We need a bit of work on delivery into the box and for some reason our players looked a bit shot shy at times. At other times, we had really good chances but the players couldn't get any power in the shots at all. Nothing to get too worried about though.

As a pre-season exercise it was excellent and we looked like we cruised it TBH.

Stand out players for me were Teale, McGowan, DVZ, McAusland, Goodwin, Harkins, McGinn. These 7 dominated and were almost continually on the ball.

Teale looked like he was 17 again. Great to see that level of effort.

Thought Grainger and the triallist did very well too. The Newcastle boy fitted in well and looked really solid. Nothing exciting or flamboyant though but more than good enough to warrant a second look. There were no failures out there today.

On a final note. The Stockport fans were great and very friendly. How many times have we ever played a team and had their fans come up to us afterwards and say "Well done" and ask us about our team? Lots of English people in our end which was great because it quickly shut up the group of embarassing twats who were yelling "FREEDOM" and "f**k the English" or words to that effect. They know who they were. All pissed and showing off.

Good post bud. Pretty much summed up my thoughts on the match. Saints never really overstretched themselves and we're dominant for most of the game.

Could have won by at least three or four goals if the front line had been a bit more decisive in and around their box.

Stand out players for me were McGinn and Harkins. Got in about the opposition when they had the ball and showed some great skill going forward.

Overall, a solid and professional performance.

Sent from my C5303 using Black & White Army mobile app

Had a great day - thought we looked solid - pass marks for all - concerned that Reilly is our back up attacker - light weight and in affective - when he came on he ghosted through the game. Special mention and thanks to the players who took the time to sign autographs for my wee lad - every one of them to a man were polite and courteous and a credit to the club - Danny Lennon very engaging and promises he was working hard and would do his utmost to deliver a great season for the fans! On chatting to him I feel he is a good custodian of the club.

Not been to many league games last year then, we all know Lennon talks a good game, But that's all he does so far

Not been to many league games last year then, we all know Lennon talks a good game, But that's all he does so far

sorry mate - got to disagre with you on this one

you are right i dont get to many games and i understand the frustrations of those who do and feel short changed - however having met the man for the first time yesterday and him being a genuine bloke who was polite enough to sign an autograph for my wee lad and have his picture taken - i was impressed by how courteous he was.

sorry mate - got to disagre with you on this one

you are right i dont get to many games and i understand the frustrations of those who do and feel short changed - however having met the man for the first time yesterday and him being a genuine bloke who was polite enough to sign an autograph for my wee lad and have his picture taken - i was impressed by how courteous he was.

Im not talking about how nice and polite he is to fans, im talking as a manager,Piss poor so far