Steven Doris

Chris

If it down to money then something is clearly amiss. A lower league club skint against a well run club in a higher league? Personally, I am not interested in reasons why a player does not come to our club. We have a budget and if we can attract good quality player then fine. If we cannot because we operate differently from those heavily in debt then sobeit.

They have an average of 7000 supporters turning up, whereas we struggle to get 4000. Their 2nd liquidation caused them to look at what they can afford more closely, but I'm not saying they are solvent, or not, as I don't know and I don't care about them. I only care for one team, The Buddies

They have an average of 7000 supporters turning up, whereas we struggle to get 4000. Their 2nd liquidation caused them to look at what they can afford more closely, but I'm not saying they are solvent, or not, as I don't know and I don't care about them. I only care for one team, The Buddies

Where did you get that number from

Team Avg Home Atte Matches found Celtic FC 45873 5 Heart of Midlothian FC 12089 6 Hibernian FC 10464 5 Aberdeen FC 10425 6 Dundee United FC 8830 5 Motherwell FC 5775 5 Dundee FC 5445 5 Kilmarnock FC 5271 5 Ross County 4621 5 St Mirren 4582 6 St Johnstone FC 4581 5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4431

Where did you get that number from

Team Avg Home Atte Matches found Celtic FC 45873 5 Heart of Midlothian FC 12089 6 Hibernian FC 10464 5 Aberdeen FC 10425 6 Dundee United FC 8830 5 Motherwell FC 5775 5 Dundee FC 5445 5 Kilmarnock FC 5271 5 Ross County 4621 5 St Mirren 4582 6 St Johnstone FC 4581 5 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 4431

Sorry holiday.gif I looked at Dundee Untd figures by mistake

Edited by Scabby Dug

Dundee had an average attendance of just under 6000 - 1600 more than us - that would have been skewed by derby games with the fake saints and Utd.

Most of their games they were getting similar attendance to us, just over 4k.

Sorry but NO,

<900 more than us and that with derbies against the Arabs and St.J.

What was there average when they were in the 1st Division ?

...and the only reason that Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Ross County had bigger avereages was Derbies and - in the case of Killie and Motherwell, giving the ***** as many tickets as they wanted as their grounds are bigger.

I think you really need to look at the home crowds only to get a fairer comparison, but I don't think these figures are available except for our ground, via Div.

Edited by Vambo57

Dundee had an average attendance of just under 6000 - 1600 more than us - that would have been skewed by derby games with the fake saints and Utd.

Most of their games they were getting similar attendance to us, just over 4k.

But we aren't getting bankrolled by a US consortium any time soon. Seems they will be.

Sorry but NO,

<900 more than us and that with derbies against the Arabs and St.J.

What was there average when they were in the 1st Division ?

...and the only reason that Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Ross County had bigger avereages was Derbies and - in the case of Killie and Motherwell, giving the ***** as many tickets as they wanted as their grounds are bigger.

I think you really need to look at the home crowds only to get a fairer comparison, but I don't think these figures are available except for our ground, via Div.

You have given valid reasons why these other clubs get bigger gates than us.

But what does any of that matter?

Fairer comparison of what?

The fact is that these clubs do get bigger gates than us and hence greater income.

Short of building a bigger ground to sell more tickets to the old firm and Morton getting promoted, that ain't going to change.

Patrick replacing Dundee will help us mind

There was no way Dundee were getting 7000 through the gates last season other than a couple of games near the end of the season when they began to pull back points on us. They are on a par with us gate wise and likely get a few more for the derby game and when they are top of the league.

Ok just seen you last post where it was United you were looking at.

Edited by nedflanders123

But you have moaned recently that Danny has had many failures from the lower division did you not and decried him for these types of signings, have you not?

I said earlier in this thread that i believed Doris would be worth a gamble. These signings are unlikely to sucede, but a team like us has to take a punt every now and then.

Danny's due a gamble to pay off, it's been about 2 years since one of his permanent signings did.

I said earlier in this thread that i believed Doris would be worth a gamble. These signings are unlikely to sucede, but a team like us has to take a punt every now and then.

Danny's due a gamble to pay off, it's been about 2 years since one of his permanent signings did.

But you decried him for signing Robertson, the 2nd division player of the year, but you reckon a guy who was just in the running for second division player of the year is worth a gamble.

You cant pick and choose guys who suit your agenda. There was also nothing more than papertalk that we were interested so its pretty harsh to say we have missed out on a potential signing.

But you decried him for signing Robertson, the 2nd division player of the year, but you reckon a guy who was just in the running for second division player of the year is worth a gamble.

You cant pick and choose guys who suit your agenda. There was also nothing more than papertalk that we were interested so its pretty harsh to say we have missed out on a potential signing.

I never decried the signing at all. Read back. When everyone was saying he was the next Darren McGregor i was saying that i didn't believe Robbo would sucede and he shouldn't have been given a 2 year deal.

With hindsight i was right, he hasn't suceded and he shouldn't have been given a 2 year deal. I don't believe Doris would have suceded either, but a 1 year deal was a worthwhile gamble. Not a lot to lose but potentially a lot to gain.

I never decried the signing at all. Read back. When everyone was saying he was the next Darren McGregor i was saying that i didn't believe Robbo would sucede and he shouldn't have been given a 2 year deal.

With hindsight i was right, he hasn't suceded and he shouldn't have been given a 2 year deal. I don't believe Doris would have suceded either, but a 1 year deal was a worthwhile gamble. Not a lot to lose but potentially a lot to gain.

I meant you have decried him recently - I have no idea what you thought about him when he signed but its the usual - sign someone have a bit of a moan, dont sign someone we may or may not have been interested in and its a terrible thing.

you cannot even say with hindsight yet - Gary Teale took to the second year to come good, who's to say Robertson wont be the same?