Give David Cornell A Break

BAWZ

• 3 months later...

Apart from Dickless. I've never known somebody to be so happy over St Mirren signings failing.

Where did i say i was happy about it? The club lost yet more money over this signing, of course i'm not happy about it.

The point i was making is that i knew Cornell wasn't good enough after the QOTS league cup game, and i said so at the time, as you can see earlier in the thread. At that time some people on here who like to style themselves as football experts came on and told me he would be good enough and to give him time.

What do these people think now?

Apart from Dickless. I've never known somebody to be so happy over St Mirren signings failing.

and of course, it doesn't happen to other clubs or managers.

I agree. It raises the old question about what's worse, a bad winner or a bad loser.

It's the nature of the forum, had things gone the opposite way I'm sure there would've been someone along to remind Lex of his ramblings. As far as I can remember nothing Lex said could be defined as being abusive and what could be more natural on a Saints forum than discussing the team / individual players and their form?

I think the Posted Image summed it up.

Imagine that St Mirren supporters supporting a St Mirren player, it will never catch on. 

I support all Saints players.

Some are good enough, some aren't. Cornell wasn't good enough, and it would seem Danny has the same opinion.

Do you agree with the managers assessment of Cornell?

Even the best of managers will make signings that dont work out.

I actually think DL plays the game very well. Not afraid of losing face - if theyre not good enough they dont play. If it isnt working out for all parties then its quite right to terminate a deal early. Dont know how that can be seen as anything but good management.

Best of luck to Cornell

Merry xmas to all

Long live DL

Where did i say i was happy about it?  The club lost yet more money over this signing, of course i'm not happy about it.

The point i was making is that i knew Cornell wasn't good enough after the QOTS league cup game, and i said so at the time, as you can see earlier in the thread.  At that time some people on here who like to style themselves as football experts came on and told me he would be good enough and to give him time.

What do these people think now?  

they probably think ah well Cornell can go back to his English Premiership team as we have since unearthed two better keepers in Dilo and Kello. Well done Danny for finding Dilo and Kello, we can sing the Ludo song for both these guys who are both great Keepers.

they probably think ah well Cornell can go back to his English Premiership team as we have since unearthed two better keepers in Dilo and Kello. Well done Danny for finding Dilo and Kello, we can sing the Ludo song for both these guys who are both great Keepers.

Agreed, the decision to release Cornell is correct and Dilo and Kello both look like great keepers who I hope are here for many years to come.

Such a shame we wasted money on Cornell in the first place!

Agreed, the decision to release Cornell is correct and Dilo and Kello both look like great keepers who I hope are here for many years to come.

Such a shame we wasted money on Cornell in the first place!

Such a shame you just can't leave it alone. Do you want us all to tell you what a clever boy you are?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...