St Mirren V St Johnstone Top League 19/10/13

shull

Highlights Here

If clicking on the link doesn't work (due to the length of the URL) right click on link and Copy and Paste the link in to any browser (it works in Chrome, Firefox & IE)

http://nj.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=yx%2BhnYCyg4s24iThgBXg7eD%2BgixM%2BhdmOP7qE3TZgUPuGnde%2FXrBx%2F5AoBDDxQeKgK6GCwggqM6DZrISn5fxVR3QRkpwvFbC%2Bo0wHCuWifpgMwc%2FrOO4cgzHNCFVoIVSo9OKZhjkKsOH36VYl0s6PiGN%2BEdInlLoY1tyPbMwGq9YWrrsk0DDp9b2ZvC%2Fr7Obn3g5%2B3pJ3Trx1o%2BvroI%2FRg%3D%3D&bit=1

It is safe, its youtube Spl through an American proxy, this is the only way you'll get the 5 min highlights on a Saturday night.

Is there highlights anywhere yet?

Will this do as an apology?

I think the stick McLean was taking was way over the top anyway. He was a young guy who had a couple of injuries last season, came back, was stuck out of position and his form and confidence dropped. Unfortunately our fans just couldn't wait to get right on his back with some utterly venomous abuse similar to the kind guys like Potter, Teale and McGowan have had to suffer over the past few years. I think he's been one of our better players this season, and I don't think he has a bad attitude at all. Hopefully he really goes on to fulfill his potential, because he's a great player to watch.

agree

Having looked more closely at the penalties yesterday, I feel they were both justified. At first I thought they were soft, but, in the first instance the Fake player over-ran himself and tripped McLean up. In the second penalty, which I definitely thought was soft, but looking closer, Wright had his arm thro' Gowser's and brought him down

Very good result but one I thought was on the cards as the Fake's result against a very poor ICT, flattered them.

I don't really think that Thommo's contribution is fully recognised. In nearly every game he wins 90% of the balls in the air when punted from his own half. Unfortunately, his fellow players are rarely in a postion to run on to his headers. Surely that is something DL must work on.

I thought DL should have substituted Kelly with 20 minutes to go. He was clearly suffering from the pace which lead to a drop in concentration and a poor first touch.

I was so disappointed in Goodwin's penalty miss. Remembering his spot kick in the cup game against Aberdeen I thought it was a banker. Anyway, I dont' know why players hit the ball low and not high. It's easier to dive with gravity than against it.

We're getting there. Still feel the team lacks structure. A win against DU next week will give us a tremendous boost but it ain't gonna be easy.

There is no doubt Kenny has the ability to send accurate cross field balls, however he does not do it consistently enough IMO.

Too often he attempts a 30-40 yard pass and it is intercepted when a 6 yard pass would be more beneficial to the team especially when he can still be involved in the same move rather than being isolated.

His cross field pass in the 2nd half to Caprice or Newtwon was sublime.

Superb performance from him yesterday. However he needs to buckle down and be consistent on a more regular basis.

It would be great if he and Gowser could reach the turn of the year with at least 10 goals.

10 league games between now and Hogmanay. Why not?

I'm sure if I could be arsed to access such vile bigotry, I would find almost identical comments on rangers forums about a certain Mr Adam!

He went to Blackpool where he was supported and encouraged to express himself... .. did not to terribly with support rather than added pressure thinly veiled as "constructive criticism"!

WTF are you referring to?

Yer aff her heid if you think my post was anything like what you would see on an OF forum.

I clearly stated that he had a "superb performance"and hope he "can get to 10 league goals" before the end of the year.

Did you actually read my post? Or was it a mistaken reply?

I dont think he was having a dig at you mate, he's saying that sevco fans

probably gave charlie adam a hard time the same way some of our fans

give Mclean it, but you would need to read through the bile on their forums

to read the comment's...

had to read his post twice myself....

WTF are you referring to?

Yer aff her heid if you think my post was anything like what you would see on an OF forum.

I clearly stated that he had a "superb performance"and hope he "can get to 10 league goals" before the end of the year.

Did you actually read my post? Or was it a mistaken reply?

It was a very intentional reply, thought out and measured.

You feel he should do the simple things rather thab waste the ball with 30-40 yard passes for one thing.

That was exactly the same criticism levelled at Charlie Adam by people who knew best.

Turned out that when the lad was encouraged rather than criticised. .. and allowed to go out and play in his best position, he was far better than he had been able to show.

It's very easy to call yourself a supporter because after he event you have said that the man of the match had a good game.

Supporting through the poorer games is what makes one a supporter in.my eyes.

He's s young lad and will be inconsistent... ditto McGinn... but they are the finest young talents we have produced in many a year.

"He needs to buckle down and be more consistent" you say... support him and we may see more consistency I would counter.

I'm sorry for your oversensitivity petal. :P

Edited by BuddieinEK

I dont think he was having a dig at you mate, he's saying that sevco fans 

probably gave charlie adam a hard time the same way some of our fans 

give Mclean it, but you would need to read through the bile on their forums

to read the comment's...

had to read his post twice myself....

Got it in one... thanks for clearing that up.

Wotherspoon and May were a disgrace yesterday in their attempts to get Saints players penalised. Wotherspoon did exactly the same while playing for Hibs and got Goodwin sent off when no contact was made. Yesterday he was thumping the ground making out he had been pole axed by Goodwin. Mays dive merited a yellow card from the officious Willie Collum.

Edited by islaysaint

It was a very intentional reply, thought out and measured. You feel he should do the simple things rather thab waste the ball with 30-40 yard passes for one thing. That was exactly the same criticism levelled at Charlie Adam by people who knew best. Turned out that when the lad was encouraged rather than criticised. .. and allowed to go out and play in his best position, he was far better than he had been able to show. It's very easy to call yourself a supporter because after he event you have said that the man of the match had a good game. Supporting through the poorer games is what makes one a supporter in.my eyes. He's s young lad and will be inconsistent... ditto McGinn... but they are the finest young talents we have produced in many a year. "He needs to buckle down and be more consistent" you say... support him and we may see more consistency I would counter. I'm sorry for your oversensitivity petal. tongue.png

Had a wee think about this and while I agree I reckon that Mclean is actually better than Adam was for us and seems to have a better all round game and attitude.

Just saying like

Guess it is down to interpretation. I used the words "sublime", "superb" to describe his performance yesterday. I also hoped that he could add another 7 league goals before the end of the year. All very positive.

If Kenny could add more consistency to his game and become a standout player for Saints, then maybe Championship club in England like Blackpool may spend £500K for him in the January transfer window.

I'm sure Kenny, St Mirren FC, and every supporter would be pleased if that was the outcome.

I go to just about every Saints game. My opinion is that he has great talent, but sometimes goes for the showcase cross field pass when a 6 harder would be the better option.

That's my point exactly ..

I hear that same criticism all the time... and yes... sonetines with justification.

However, it was exactly the same with Adam and "them"!

As for 500k... we turned that down last season! If he is encouraged and allowed to express himself he will be worth a whole lot more.

For me, the biggest factor in his improvement is having Goodwin beside him as a minder and grafter to do the dirty work.

When Kenny first broke into the team, it was alongside Goodwin. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Perhaps it was the use of the words 'vile' 'bigotry' that got me hooked. For that I apologise.

If you go to every game and think that Kenny McLean has been the outstanding performer every week then you are entitled to that opinion.

My opinion is that he needs to show the same level of performance week in week out. Hardly over the top critisicm ya dafty.

He's a boy... he's NOT going to show the same level of performance week in week out... yet! Enjoy it when he does and support him when he doesn't. .. ya fellow dafty!

;)

STV ran with this story in January. http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/212204-st-mirren-receive-verbal-offer-from-championship-club-for-kenny-mclean/

This is the same season that our directors were going along with the Armageddon SPL Doncaster theme and that we might be in administration by August?

I'm sure that the BoD would not have turned down £500K last season given the speeches we listened to.

Seems a strange one to me for the BoD to turn down such a high offer since it would appear he is out of contract this year and could sign a PCA on 1st Jan.

The manager rates him and wanted to keep him... the BoD felt at that point there was no need to sell. (Think it must have been pre-armageddon).

Wotherspoon and May were a disgrace yesterday in their attempts to get Saints players penalised. Wotherspoon did exactly the same while playing for Hibs and got Goodwin sent off when no contact was made. Yesterday he was thumping the ground making out he had been pole axed by Goodwin. Mays dive merited a yellow card from the officious Willie Collum.

Have to agree.

Wotherspoon ended up getting injured because he dived before Goodwin had actually put in a solid tackle. As you say, he has history of simulation.

Really enjoyed the game yesterday. Something which is happening on a consistent basis now is Dilo's excellent distribution! Each time he kicked the ball out, it landed near enough right on Thommos head! Playing with one up front, this makes Thompsons' job a whole lot easier instead of chasing after a wayward goal kick! Thought everyone played their part yesterday, it's great to hear the fans back in good spirits!