The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While most people I spoke to here preferred Scotland to remain within the union they were not overly bothered. A great number who live here are from places like Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester etc Indeed one of my closest friends is a Yorkshire lad. He stated that he, like many others would prefer Scotland to remain within the union for reasons of tradition and history but no real substance as regards current issues. He swallowed the propaganda peddled by Westminster and was quite indignant when I pointed this out. In fact the propaganda from both camps caused the last few days before the referendum to become an ego battleground with nobody coming out of it with much credit. I'm too settled here now to ever move back, however will the result make more young Scots think of moving on or will their earlier than before involvement in politics encourage them to believe that they have a say in Scotland's future?I certainly didnt under the Thatcher regime.

Just like the last time you've got absolutely no idea what the no vote would be. It could just as easily be argued that there was a silent majority in Scotland who have a steely, but quiet determination to ensure independence never happens. After all despite the No Camp running a very disjointed campaign the still managed to get over 2.1m Scots out to vote. Indeed I think the nonsense of the last few days when Yes voters have called us everything from traitors to English bastards and the likes of Salmond and Sillars appear to have completely lost the plot, you'll find the resolve of No voters could well be even more entrenched.

As for your analogy if a team plays a 32 game season, wins 28 and loses only 4 youd say they walked the title. This is no different. The Yes Campaign threw everything they had at this and yet they completely lost 28 regions, including your leaders home one. How embarrassing for you......

Again manic ranting..If you read the tongue in cheek analog as you call it all I was saying in simple term was if the alot of the areas were footy games they would have been very close last second 1 0 wins for the SDL backed no vote..Roughly only 100,000 vote swing to the better informed freedom side would have brought an outcome the working class people of the world wanted to see..

5% from freedom is not a hammering..there s people all over the planet who have seen what working class people can achieve ..and with the rest of your uk consuming its self with what can I get ,a good cival war would achieve Alex dream.

Guest TPAFKATS

You are forgetting the 660,048 voters on the electoral roll who abstained.

Abstaining was also a choice.

Indeed it was, but we were discussing those who voted? Are you now including those who didnt vote?

Ach, you know what - I don't need an answer. I'm genuinely not interested in this nonsense now.

32 matches were played up and down the country with Yes playing No. Yes won 4. No won 28. Again in anyone's language that's a f**king doing. The goals for were

No - 2,001,926

Yes - 1,617,989

from which I can only conclude that Marc McAusland must have been playing in both sides defences.....rolleyes.gif

Over the course of those 32 matches you conceded a massive 383.957 more votes. And when you consider that equates to just under 9% of the number of people in Scotland who were eligible to vote it's still a f**king doing.

You (and by you I mean the Yes Campaigners in general) threw everything at this. Absolutely everything. Your lied like f**k, told all your members how to answer questions posed of it so as not to give the game away. You spread shit stories about the NHS that were meaningless, lies about what would happen in the event of even a minor accident at Faslane (claiming it would wipe out all living life forms in Scotland, whilst leaving everything else completely unscathed from just south of Dumfries) whilst knowing that there's hundreds of minor accidents at Faslane every single year since it opened with not one death as yet. You threw xenophobia into the mix, and a ridiculous form of inverted snobbery claiming that the well educated shouldn't be in power rolleyes.gif, spent money fighting a legal battle against Freedom of Information requests to try to hide the fact that you had no idea whether you would get European Union membership. You threatened business leaders, threatened party activists and smeared individuals. You arranged mob squads to try to intimidate members of the public who might want to ask Jim Murphy or Nigel Farage a question. You put peoples saving accounts and pension plans on the line. You risked devaluing people's houses by £31,000 (according to Zoopla). You made pledges on free nursery care, free old people care, increased pension payments, a reduced pensionable age, and spent Trident money at least four times over despite knowing that you wouldn't make any savings on Trident until 2025.

Now Scotland is faced with a situation where we're going to have to close A&E departments in hospitals - like Monklands - due to a massive funding gap that has been left by the SNP Scottish Government. A funding gap created by the expensive policy of giving middle class, rich and elite Scots free prescriptions and providing free car parking at all hospitals, despite warnings that would mean maintenance of roads and parking spaces coming out of the healthcare budget.

You threw everything at this - your once in a lifetime opportunity - and you still come up woefully short, trounced in every single region in Scotland bar 4 and that despite the fact that the No Thanks campaign was a cluster f**k from start to finish. No wonder Salmond resigned in disgrace. No wonder most of Scotland is laughing at you. All your rage and bullshit bravado means f**k all. You lost in your one and only chance for independence in your lifetime. Shame really. Ditch the chip on your shoulder and accept the pummelling that you got. It'll be far more healthy than hanging on to a pile of rubbish what ifs.

Anyway, never mind. Stewart Campbell is a good bit richer for it all. A man living in Bath who's now done with Scotland forever. rolleyes.gif

We are all being urged to get together and work towards getting the best deal for Scotland. I can see little prospect of this if there are a lot of Unionists who have your triumphalist attitude.

Edited by smcc

We are all being urged to get together and work towards getting the best deal for Scotland. I can see little prospect of this if there are a lot of Unionists who have your triumphalist attitude.

Like the lead up to the vote BOTH sets of supporters are guilty of not getting over themselves.

If you only see it one way I suggest Specsavers.

32 matches were played up and down the country with Yes playing No. Yes won 4. No won 28. Again in anyone's language that's a f**king doing. The goals for were

No - 2,001,926

Yes - 1,617,989

from which I can only conclude that Marc McAusland must have been playing in both sides defences.....:rolleyes:

Over the course of those 32 matches you conceded a massive 383.957 more votes. And when you consider that equates to just under 9% of the number of people in Scotland who were eligible to vote it's still a f**king doing.

You (and by you I mean the Yes Campaigners in general) threw everything at this. Absolutely everything. Your lied like f**k, told all your members how to answer questions posed of it so as not to give the game away. You spread shit stories about the NHS that were meaningless, lies about what would happen in the event of even a minor accident at Faslane (claiming it would wipe out all living life forms in Scotland, whilst leaving everything else completely unscathed from just south of Dumfries) whilst knowing that there's hundreds of minor accidents at Faslane every single year since it opened with not one death as yet. You threw xenophobia into the mix, and a ridiculous form of inverted snobbery claiming that the well educated shouldn't be in power :rolleyes:, spent money fighting a legal battle against Freedom of Information requests to try to hide the fact that you had no idea whether you would get European Union membership. You threatened business leaders, threatened party activists and smeared individuals. You arranged mob squads to try to intimidate members of the public who might want to ask Jim Murphy or Nigel Farage a question. You put peoples saving accounts and pension plans on the line. You risked devaluing people's houses by £31,000 (according to Zoopla). You made pledges on free nursery care, free old people care, increased pension payments, a reduced pensionable age, and spent Trident money at least four times over despite knowing that you wouldn't make any savings on Trident until 2025.

Now Scotland is faced with a situation where we're going to have to close A&E departments in hospitals - like Monklands - due to a massive funding gap that has been left by the SNP Scottish Government. A funding gap created by the expensive policy of giving middle class, rich and elite Scots free prescriptions and providing free car parking at all hospitals, despite warnings that would mean maintenance of roads and parking spaces coming out of the healthcare budget.

You threw everything at this - your once in a lifetime opportunity - and you still come up woefully short, trounced in every single region in Scotland bar 4 and that despite the fact that the No Thanks campaign was a cluster f**k from start to finish. No wonder Salmond resigned in disgrace. No wonder most of Scotland is laughing at you. All your rage and bullshit bravado means f**k all. You lost in your one and only chance for independence in your lifetime. Shame really. Ditch the chip on your shoulder and accept the pummelling that you got. It'll be far more healthy than hanging on to a pile of rubbish what ifs.

Anyway, never mind. Stewart Campbell is a good bit richer for it all. A man living in Bath who's now done with Scotland forever. :rolleyes:

And despite all these alleged wrong doings, the pro-independence party's are recruiting members in record numbers! SNP membership up from 25000 to 52000 in less than a week, now the third largest supported political party in the UK, while the Green Party have trebled there membership, are you saying all these people who up until now were all armchair pundits are all , to paraphrase you ' all rage and bullshit bravado' I can only speak of my own experince of the Yes voters I have met, they came from all walks of life and all social classes.

Whether you like it or not, the debate on independence will continue, Pandora's box has been opened and the spirit of hope is the only item left in it.

When they go over to the Falkirk stadium, all you can hear is them singing Scotland says no and rule Britania.

If they don't get there finger out in the 2nd half, they might be singing 'Scotland says no Rangers in the Scottish cup' ....or if they don't improve their fiscal position they might be singing ' Rule Britannia building society ' as that's where there wee savings account will be.