The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BC, You more than any other Bitter Together " Fearty " should know all about Poverty, As you speak to the vast majority on a daily basis in your secure Employment manning the Phones at DWP , JCP ? Tell me this,Who would you class as the undeserving Poor or the deserving Poor - out of the official figures of 820,000 people living in Poverty in a small country like our own ?

first of all BB i am not a fearty,nor am i bitter,i am very fortunate to have a job and would like to keep it,my post is all about the possibility of people losing their jobs if a yes vote wins, this would add to the poverty count in this country.and obviously nobody deserves to be in poverty,and if people were made unemployed then there would be less taxpayers and less money for the government to spend on welfare

Guest TPAFKATS

This is interesting on a few levels:-

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/scotland/article1431143.ece

The author is an ex head of Scottish enterprise, former advisor to Sec of State for Scotland and also a board member of Reform Scotland - this is linked to a right wing westminster think tank. So not any connections to the SNP, however a peer and establishment figure. Yet, his article blows holes in the treasury figures and OBR forecasts and highlights how UK gov depts can have predictions for oil prices 3 and 4 years away around 33% out.

Ah! That's a wee bit different from what you posted originally though wink.png

remaining in Uk is largely unknown as well. Will we remain in EU after 2017 for example. How many more billions will need to be cut in austerity is another example.

How far right will labour lurch in order to get elected instead of tories who are heading further rightto deal with ukip? that's a bit unknown at present as well?

What will happen to the housing bubble in Greater London? Maybe more relevent would be - when will it pop????

it is a bit different from my op and intended to explain my thinking,agreed that all of these things are unknowns,house prices in edinburgh are, on average, higher than the rest of scotland and i see it becoming our own version of london if indeed its not already that

Another senior Scottish Orangeman, Ian Wilson, former Grand Master and currently on the Orange Order's planning committee said: "Our rally on September 13 has been two years in the planning and so we certainly intend to go ahead with it ... The rally in Edinburgh is intended to be a celebration of Britishness. We are proud to be Scottish and proud to be British and the event will look very much like a Lodge parade but with carnival elements."

I'll bet!!

Did you see some of them on Saturday? - That is going to be messy & I speak as a legitimate (& wholly unruly) supporter of the YES camapaign!!

Answer the simple question that I posed BC,You deal with Poverty, Day in and Day out, Yet you cant answer the question with regards to Poverty in this small country ? You are one of the fortunate few that have continuity of employment due to poverty, Yet you cant or wont state an opinion cause your a Bitter Together fearty, scared of losing his call centre position of dealing with Poverty first hand ?

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

It's true though. I asked the people around me, and my sons offered their Mother and her boyfriends opinion as well. I fed it back quite honestly. If you understand Opinion Polls you'll know that they very seldom stop at a sample size of 1,000 which is what they are supposed to do. They will report that the sample figure was 1067 or whatever. Why? Because if they don't count the opinions of the other 67 they could be accused of skewing the poll. I could have skewed the poll by simply selecting ten opinions from the group around me and report that my sample of ten are all voting No but that would have been dishonest.

Tell you what though - 5 out of 5 people around me tonight think you are a f**king fanny :rolleyes:

Answer the simple question that I posed BC,You deal with Poverty, Day in and Day out, Yet you cant answer the question with regards to Poverty in this small country ? You are one of the fortunate few that have continuity of employment due to poverty, Yet you cant or wont state an opinion cause your a Bitter Together fearty, scared of losing his call centre position of dealing with Poverty first hand ?

Oh FFS, he answered your question. He believes that Independence will lead to more job losses, higher rates of unemployment and more poverty.

Maybe you should counter his argument and explain why you think an independent country would prosper and the rest of us can decide who's logic we'll believe :rolleyes:

Another senior Scottish Orangeman, Ian Wilson, former Grand Master and currently on the Orange Order's planning committee said: "Our rally on September 13 has been two years in the planning and so we certainly intend to go ahead with it ... The rally in Edinburgh is intended to be a celebration of Britishness. We are proud to be Scottish and proud to be British and the event will look very much like a Lodge parade but with carnival elements."

I'll bet!!

Did you see some of them on Saturday? - That is going to be messy & I speak as a legitimate (& wholly unruly) supporter of the YES camapaign!!

I would imagine , that carnival elements might include orange toffee apples or even some red, white and blue candy floss or maybe even a "red hand of Ulster" slushy . Who knows , you have to admit tho' , it does sound , er , eh , interesting. .

I didn't see them on Saturday . Their bands are usually out of tune , or the bass drum attempts to drown out every other instrument and their uniforms never fit them right , as if , the 35yr old wearing it has had the same uniform since he was 13yrs. They are nothing more than an embarrassment to themselves and good sensibility. Apart from all that , they are worth a laugh I suppose. .

What if I was? Would you homophobic Natsi's have me locked up in a Concentration Camp awaiting my execution?

After the referendum can you confirm that a non-St Mirren supporter you will no longer be on a St Mirren supporters website. As someone whose family lost members in Nazi concentration camps i'v really had enough of you and your obnoxious shit.

Today the newspapers are full of claims from Scottish business leaders who say that they've been threatened by the SNP that they will face "repercussions down the road" if they don't stay out of the Independence debate. The threats aren't from factor like Stewart Campbell, they are from Alex Salmond and Angus Robertson themselves.

No wonder Alex Salmond was the only political leader booed at the naming ceremony for HMS Queen Elizabeth

The whole of the British establishment is lying through its teeth to keep Scotland part of UK. People need to start questioning why.

Or alternatively they aren't lying and the nationalists are a n increasingly desperate bunch of thugs who lost the debate a long, long time ago. I know which one I believe especially given the weight of evidence against Alex Salmonds own office.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Today the newspapers are full of claims from Scottish business leaders who say that they've been threatened by the SNP that they will face "repercussions down the road" if they don't stay out of the Independence debate. The threats aren't from factor like Stewart Campbell, they are from Alex Salmond and Angus Robertson themselves.

No wonder Alex Salmond was the only political leader booed at the naming ceremony for HMS Queen Elizabeth

I take it the claims are backed up by evidence? You know....emails, recorded calls, social media posts (ETA: Youtube videos....*titters*). That sort of thing.

Oh, and what constitutes a threat in this context? Presumably, if we are talking about credible high profile threats with genuine substance, the story will be all over the online media, too?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland/

Hmm....

Edited by Drew

There's a great Facebook page that has been set up to show just how desperate the Nationalists have become. Today someone sent a box of rocks through the post to the Better Together office. Written inside it said "Better Together my arse". On another unofficial Yes page there's a call to arms by Nationalists in the event of a No vote. "We have to fight with guns and bombs". Whilst another desperate Natsi has called for all No voters to be put on top of a bonfire and burned. Newsnet Scotland is even quoted after they tried to link Better Together with Rolf Harris. Another charmer thinks all No voters should be beheaded. And apparently voting No means we're "English loving scum and traitors" who will be brought to account after a Yes vote. On the field of Bannockburn as well there's a picture that the national press appears to have missed where the Union Flag was burned. And another Nationalist who took issue with Andrew Neil posting a picture of the fire at the Glasgow fire claiming it was a National tragedy for the UK - apparently it was only a tragedy for Scotland. :rolleyes:

The collection is extensive and it shows the mentality of those who we would be putting in power in the event of a Yes vote. And yet some on here, in denial, still deny the Nazi comparisons.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nationalists-Say-The-Stupidest-Things/515333345152432

I take it the claims are backed up by evidence? You know....emails, recorded calls, social media posts (ETA: Youtube videos....*titters*). That sort of thing.

Oh, and what constitutes a threat in this context? Presumably, if we are talking about credible high profile threats with genuine substance, the story will be all over the online media, too?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland/

Hmm....

Check out Dispatches tonight on Channel 4 Drew.

Or alternatively they aren't lying and the nationalists are a n increasingly desperate bunch of thugs who lost the debate a long, long time ago. I know which one I believe especially given the weight of evidence against Alex Salmonds own office.

Why the obsession with Mr Salmond?

If / when Scotland votes YES, then it will be the people of Scotland that will choose the next Government / leader

If / when Scotland votes NO, then it will be the people of Scotland that will choose the next Scottish Government / leader

There's a great Facebook page that has been set up to show just how desperate the Nationalists have become. Today someone sent a box of rocks through the post to the Better Together office. Written inside it said "Better Together my arse". On another unofficial Yes page there's a call to arms by Nationalists in the event of a No vote. "We have to fight with guns and bombs". Whilst another desperate Natsi has called for all No voters to be put on top of a bonfire and burned. Newsnet Scotland is even quoted after they tried to link Better Together with Rolf Harris. Another charmer thinks all No voters should be beheaded. And apparently voting No means we're "English loving scum and traitors" who will be brought to account after a Yes vote. On the field of Bannockburn as well there's a picture that the national press appears to have missed where the Union Flag was burned. And another Nationalist who took issue with Andrew Neil posting a picture of the fire at the Glasgow fire claiming it was a National tragedy for the UK - apparently it was only a tragedy for Scotland. rolleyes.gif

The collection is extensive and it shows the mentality of those who we would be putting in power in the event of a Yes vote. And yet some on here, in denial, still deny the Nazi comparisons.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nationalists-Say-The-Stupidest-Things/515333345152432

Any muppet can set up a Facebook account - even YOU have probably done it!