Free Entry At Firhill For Serving Armed Forces

partickman

To avoid further "Dianafication" of this issue, PTFC have just announced that anyone heading to Firhill via the M8 and caught driving through the Charing Cross underpass at 100mph, will also be afforded free admittance!

OK.... I'm setting myself up to be shot down in flames here by daring to speak the thing we dare not speak of... but it really get's me and here goes... ...

before I start... irrespective of what follows... kudos Jags... a forward thinking club prepared to do something different and reach out to the community... ...

now for my gripe... ... ... ...

aye... It's remembrance Sunday and I will have my poppy on and be paying my respects... ...

but why is a service person more worthy of free entry than a nurse in Yorkhill facing dying kids day after day?

Help For Heroes... ... it is a charity that since set up has taken in millions... ...

but as far as I can see... our Government employs military personnel... it should damned well look after them should they come back needing support... that is NOT the job of a charity!

People don't choose to have cancer, dementia, and a myriad of other illnesses that charities try to support.

People willingly elect to serve their country... the very country that SHOULD support them to the fullest extent when they have finished active duty. But if a "charity" takes millions from the charity pool to support them them why the hell should the government bother fulfilling their duties?

I have an acquaintance who was in the military and has now retired... he fundraises for Help For Heroes... as a result, he gets numerous freebies... free concert tickets... discounts galore... ... ... he never once saw active service... he did the bloody payroll FFS!!!!!!

How the hell is it right that a payroll operator gets freebies that a nurse in a hospice or a kids hospital; that a care-worker on minimum wage wiping arses and lovingly doing whatever needs done simply cannot?

(aaaaaaaaaaaaand breathe!!!)

Good post.

Your right about that tried too organise a game for the guys when we came back from afghan a few years ago and got knocked back from the club for a free game. Now some of the guys dont go anymore.

Are you saying that some of the guys now refuse to go to games because they weren't allowed into a game for free because they had served in the "armed forces"??

Great Idea ! Nice to see a team paying respect to the armed forces. (Other than rangers) good point about the nurses etc BEK but the difference in working conditions, danger, and aftercare makes the point a bit weaker. No offence mate as i agree that nurses, surgeons, careworkers etc are undervalued and should be shown more respect.