Hospitality?

Ronnie

You'd be fine letting me choose a wine for you. Obviously wouldn't buy St Mirren's plonk, but again, the white was acceptable in corporate last month, no, I'd choose a nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc if you like white, or if red, Bolgheri Italian, or my personal favourite, Legaris, a Spanish red. Difficult to find these days, but a bottle shop in St Andrews stocks it. For a well-priced and thoroughly nice red, the Jamie Oliver 'Jamie's Italian' house red at £7.99 from Tesco is rather tasty.

Chateau Bahoken I believe, is the corporate red, the white is Goodwin's Ghost.... After two bottles you elbow people in the face and think you're a hard man.

Heh, heh.

Hmm.............

I have a few lovely Villa Maria Sauvignon's making some noises in my direction, difficult to resist, also I have a macho Penfold blend threatening me from time to time, heavy, satisfying and full on

This is a surprsie cos I am old world, Europe, Spain and Italy in particular ...................

I'm very into my Rioja's and I am keen on wee brither Tempranillo, although I am slightly more in love at present with understated Italian wines from modest Montepulciano's , to Sicilian house reds, through to decent Valps , some quality Barbera D'asti, Bardolino's and Barolo's to the heady Primitivo.

I think a sub thread under hospitality could be spawn from this, Wines I've loved and Wines I loathe..................or , Wines you don't get at Hospitality

For those discerning tastes, Oddbins round from Central station across from Greaves sports have got fabulous mid and upper range stuff for quaffing.

Personally, I love a wee trip to Majestic, but the danger, danger, danger, here is that you try some gratis Grand Cru or some fabulous Top End Saint Emillion, you'll not go back to under £15 a bottle again.

Hmm.............

I have a few lovely Villa Maria Sauvignon's making some noises in my direction, difficult to resist, also I have a macho Penfold blend threatening me from time to time, heavy, satisfying and full on

This is a surprsie cos I am old world, Europe, Spain and Italy in particular ...................

I'm very into my Rioja's and I am keen on wee brither Tempranillo, although I am slightly more in love at present with understated Italian wines from modest Montepulciano's , to Sicilian house reds, through to decent Valps , some quality Barbera D'asti, Bardolino's and Barolo's to the heady Primitivo.

I think a sub thread under hospitality could be spawn from this, Wines I've loved and Wines I loathe..................or , Wines you don't get at Hospitality

For those discerning tastes, Oddbins round from Central station across from Greaves sports have got fabulous mid and upper range stuff for quaffing.

Personally, I love a wee trip to Majestic, but the danger, danger, danger, here is that you try some gratis Grand Cru or some fabulous Top End Saint Emillion, you'll not go back to under £15 a bottle again.

If you like Italian wine, try the Brunello di Montalcino. Absolutely lovely, especially when watching a Tuscan sunset.

Hmm.............

A cheeky wee bottle of the Monks finest vintage 2013 , under £8 a bottle at all offsales near you.

I see I can get a 2006 vintage for £30 a boatil...............cheaper than the Tuscan sunset, but it would be bound to be good at that price

Yup. 30 quid is a very good price. 2006 was a decent vintage. Just decant it for about an hour before you drink it.

Avoid the 2002, it wasn't so good.

Talking about Hospitality ...............soon be Rioja and Tapas time

Faraway isnae invited.

I'm going mainly for the Potatas Bravas, some Chorizo and beef, ginger and garlic prawns, with a little , substantial quantities of Marques de Caceres Gran reserva

Wee tip............the finer the wine, the less furious the headache. I've found single grape varieties extremely gentle on the cranium the next day

Enjoy !!

Talking about Hospitality ...............soon be Rioja and Tapas time

Faraway isnae invited.

I'm going mainly for the Potatas Bravas, some Chorizo and beef, ginger and garlic prawns, with a little , substantial quantities of Marques de Caceres Gran reserva

Wee tip............the finer the wine, the less furious the headache. I've found single grape varieties extremely gentle on the cranium the next day

Enjoy !!

Are Tutus mandatory? whistling.gif