Telly Programmes

shull

Aye , Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman are both superb in it I think , they make the show , appear like a movie that has been split into chunks . It has the Coen brothers twist to it as well , even though the story is in many ways different from the 1996 movie . .

It of course , was never a true story , despite what Joel and Ethan said , however . .

It must be a true story, it says it is right there on the screen in front of you!

:)

Martin Freeman is just incredible and I can't believe I only remember Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa, must be in other good stuff. The Coen brothers most obvious involvement, for me anyway, is having a female lead police officer investigating, just like the film. And the fact that I could watch each episode three times in a row and still find something new to enjoy - for me, that's the Coen brothers in a nutshell.

Yes , you could call it a crime drama but it is a whole lot more also . The series is thinly based on the 1996 Coen Brothers movie . The Coen brothers are also involved in the tv series , so it has a sort of very dark humour running right the way through it. .

I've now seen some of it online , it looks worth a watch , cheers

Guest TPAFKATS

Watching Morrissey in concert on sky arts. Its pretty good musically although all this meat is murder stuff has put me off my toast n' pate.

Last night I heard my wife saying to my daughter to come and watch an episode of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em and that had me muttering the forum mantra - FFS! But I was in stitches at it. It was the episode where Frank tries to join the RAF and Fulton Mackay is the officer having to give him an intelligence/aptitude test. Real classic stuff. Michael Crawford is brilliant but what a superb comic actor Fulton Mackay was. And a Buddie. My wife is from Clydebank and tries to claim him. Never!

For them as enjoyed the mayhem the was Utopia death.gif last year it's currently being repeated on C4 late nites with a release date for Series 2 sometime in the summer although C4 are being coy as to the specific date.

Really enjoying Fargo as well - classic McGuffin!

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on Tommy - gie's a signin! bag.gif

For them as enjoyed the mayhem the was Utopia death.gif last year it's currently being repeated on C4 late nites with a release date for Series 2 sometime in the summer although C4 are being coy as to the specific date.

Really enjoying Fargo as well - classic McGuffin!

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on Tommy - gie's a signin! bag.gif

Loved Utopia too, hoping series two will be available here soon after showing in the UK, and yeah Tommy...

I managed to catch the opening episode of Fargo the other night, after much trawling and hunting about. It is now no longer possible to watch it on 4OD, so I had to opt for an online stream (the quality was fine, but I would rather have watched it on the big screen TV in the front room).

I'm impressed with what I've seen so far, so looking forward to catching the whole series, but playing catch up with dubious online streams is a pain in the arse when I've got Netflix, 4OD etc. on the TV.

Edited by Drew

I managed to catch the opening episode of Fargo the other night, after much trawling and hunting about. It is now no longer possible to watch it on 4OD, so I had to opt for an online stream (the quality was fine, but I would rather have watched it on the big screen TV in the front room).

I'm impressed with what I've seen so far, so looking forward to catching the whole series, but playing catch up with dubious online streams is a pain in the arse when I've got Netflix, 4OD etc. on the TV.

Google Chromecast ya auld meanie, sorted.

Guest TPAFKATS

Watched a very good programme on bbc2 on Tuesday. Britain's Greatest Pilot: The Extraordinary Story of Captain 'Winkle' Brown.

Far too many adventures and tales for one man and great to hear him telling them.

5 days left on the iplayer