Happy Birthday Feegiefield 5 Today

Five years ago today, opening game at the new ground, 1-1 Killie with my next door neighbour scoring the first goal at the new midden....

Where did the time go? Will try and post some 'new ground' pics later. Anyone else with Dinkydome pics should fire them on here too.

Five candles in the cake - been good days and bad ones too. Anyway, happy fifth birthday St Mirren Park / Greenhill Road / SMP / GHR / Feegie Field / Dinkydome / 'New' St Mirren Park, copyright the media blowhards.

Getting Mowbray sacked, beating TCFKAR, floodlit midweek games, a fantastic Aberdeen travelling support in a snowy winter midweek game, an Andy Dorman cracker v Hibs, Carey v Hearts, becoming the chosen venue of the Scotland U21s, having an award winning pitch, undoubtably creating a better first impression to prospective new signings, giving guys like Tommy Doc' a break and giving Campbell clean modern facilities...

It's not all bad. Over the piece, the right thing to do.

Five years and its never been filled once. Sorry but the place is soulless, no atmosphere and wins have been very few and far between. Love St was a proper football ground.

If the one highlight was the 4-0 win over Celtic, its a pity that most Saints fans didnt attend as we were sickened by the pathetic cup surrender a few days earlier.

All in all, a bad move.

Am I right in saying we are only yards from where we played our first original game against Abercorn?

The stadium, or park was called Westmarch

It was also the starting game for James Dunlop, a great player , scored a winning goal against Celtic but died at only 22 from a cut on his knee

There was a lounge in love street named after him but thats been dropped, there is a monument in woodside with the dedication from st mirren fans

We should rename our stadium wesstmarch and name a stand after James , puting some history into our new ground

I was working with scottish water when the construction was taking place and managed to pull a few strings and was took round a tour by the foreman who showed me which rooms would be which and it was quite a moment. I actually through my work aquired the original layout and plans which im sure a few things have changed but mixing business and pleasure that day was excellent. Cant believe its 5 years!!

My first thought was that we could have been a bit more adventurous with the main stand and possibly made the stands with more of an incline to create a better atmosphere.

Still miss walking up the stairs in the northbank to get a half time pie and standing by the fence in the corner waiting for the whistle to go so i could continue the half a mile walk to the turnstyles on love street :) i miss singing do do do do andy dorman, i miss mark yardley breathing out his arse trying to run over to us after scoring a goal. I miss the hole in the wa'. I miss the wee short stroll down to the game with the hundreds of buddies filling the pavements of love street, from the PF's office, past the wee barrel, stopping at the convenience store owned by ppl of eastern decent for a cheeky 1/2 bottle n 10 fags (£5.20 all in).....

What a pish 5 years :(

Location , location , location..............

Five years for the wind tunnel now, eh, wow, where's the time gone ..................hate the place, shallow , soulless, and made easy for the media and the stewards, but as a paying public footballing experience, nah. I genuinely think our players are not too keen either. It simply lacks atmosphere.

Kept the club alive , not seen a relegation either,bag.gif so ,erm, heh hoh.

Passed Falkirk's ground last week , it might only have three sides, but that is a stadium for a club from the diddy provences, steep and atmospheric.

I've never really taken to it. I can understand all the reasons why we had to move, and the fact that Tesco were only obliged to provide an SPL compliant stadium, but, as a footballing arena, it is wholly uninspiring.

Granted, it is vastly superior for the squad, management team, and various office holders and staff employed at the club, and is certainl progress in terms of the corporate side of things (though it strikes me that it has been under-utilised in this regard), but it lacks any sense of a unique identity or character that marks it out as our 'home'.

To be honest, I'd forego the improved catering facilities and lavvies for a ground that generates something inside me as I approach, in the way that Love Street always did.

Five years and its never been filled once. Sorry but the place is soulless, no atmosphere and wins have been very few and far between. Love St was a proper football ground.

If the one highlight was the 4-0 win over Celtic, its a pity that most Saints fans didnt attend as we were sickened by the pathetic cup surrender a few days earlier.

All in all, a bad move.

You are one, miserable, torn-faced cnut! Do you ever have anything good to say?

I await your moan-infested reply.

Maybe our stadium would look like the one Falkirk play in if we hadn't paid ourselves for it, don't actually own it, and have a millionaire benefactor willing to construct a whole stand out of his own pocket as an aesthetic exercise - certainly not because it was required to house their crowds.

We shouldn't view our stadium in isolation. Aside from having a bought and paid for stadium that is ours, we have an excellent dedicated training facility at Ralston, and now an indoor airdome facility. As a triumvirate - pretty tidy set up.

I don't agree with everything our board do, and it frustrates the fcuk out of me that it takes them over a year to fix a shoddy missing sign letter 'R', and over nine months without updating the hall of fame boards, but I'm never going to criticise them for our set-up. Of course it isn't perfect and is four boxes, I recognise this.

Fill in the corners and it becomes a different beast IMHO. Now - where's that millionaire benefactor when you need them?

Maybe our stadium would look like the one Falkirk play in if we hadn't paid ourselves for it, don't actually own it, and have a millionaire benefactor willing to construct a whole stand out of his own pocket as an aesthetic exercise - certainly not because it was required to house their crowds.

We shouldn't view our stadium in isolation. Aside from having a bought and paid for stadium that is ours, we have an excellent dedicated training facility at Ralston, and now an indoor airdome facility. As a triumvirate - pretty tidy set up.

I don't agree with everything our board do, and it frustrates the fcuk out of me that it takes them over a year to fix a shoddy missing sign letter 'R', and over nine months without updating the hall of fame boards, but I'm never going to criticise them for our set-up. Of course it isn't perfect and is four boxes, I recognise this.

Fill in the corners and it becomes a different beast IMHO. Now - where's that millionaire benefactor when you need them?

I absolutely agree with all of this, but I can't pretend that the place doesn't leave me cold.