St Mirren V Ross County, Sat 3Rd May 2014

I really don't want our season to come down to the last game against Hearts.

They've a point to prove and are hitting an excellent run of form. Them taking another derby win will do their morale no harm at all.

Add this to the fact that they don't seem at all to like us for the 1986 nonsense and it could be an emotional afternoon. I don't think it will come down to the wire, as we have Sir Thommo of Houston to fire in the odd overhead kick to take the points from County at a tight 4-4 but my worst scenario would be coming down to needing to win against the SEVCO light in maroon.

I will reserve the scoreline until i know if Goodwin will be playing.

ETA How many games would Goodwin be out for if the appeal is unsuccessful? Killy are wank, but Kris Boyd isn't to be underestimated, and JG always gives him a good game...

Edited by No Ninjas

I really don't want our season to come down to the last game against Hearts.

They've a point to prove and are hitting an excellent run of form. Them taking another derby win will do their morale no harm at all.

Add this to the fact that they don't seem at all to like us for the 1986 nonsense and it could be an emotional afternoon. I don't think it will come down to the wire, as we have Sir Thommo of Houston to fire in the odd overhead kick to take the points from County at a tight 4-4 but my worst scenario would be coming down to needing to win against the SEVCO light in maroon.

I will reserve the scoreline until i know if Goodwin will be playing.

ETA How many games would Goodwin be out for if the appeal is unsuccessful? Killy are wank, but Kris Boyd isn't to be underestimated, and JG always gives him a good game...

While I agree that it wouldn't be at all good to be staring down the barrel of a gun on the last day, Hearts were pretty poor yesterday aside from a couple of headers for the goals. That said, they are generally playing with no pressure now, whereas we'd be shitting ourselves!

Edited by Drew

We really are a tough crowd of fans to please. We're top of the bottom six with two home games to play out of three yet we're talking ourselves into a panic. We'll easily avoid the playoff. Whatever happened to the old British stiff upper lip?

We really are a tough crowd of fans to please. We're top of the bottom six with two home games to play out of three yet we're talking ourselves into a panic. We'll easily avoid the playoff. Whatever happened to the old British stiff upper lip?

There's no need for language like that.

While I agree that it wouldn't be at all good to be staring down the barrel of a gun on the last day, Hearts were pretty poor yesterday aside from a couple of headers for the goals. That said, they are generally playing with no pressure now, whereas we'd be shitting ourselves!

Aye, I was on a train coming back from London with an epic hangover and a carriage full of screaming children, so I didn't see any of the Embra derby, but reading the updates on the BBC site, it seemed to be a poor game and Hearts scored two totally against the run of play. After seeing the Hibs game and how pish they were, I assumed that the Jambos must have played poorly to be dominated by their Embra chums.

I'm not knickerwetting in any way. Just hope we can put this seasons business to bed before the Hearts last top flight game in a generation...

Killy are going the same way as Hibs did last season with the one trick pony up front. IF KB keeps them up this season, they'll be bankers for the drop next season. Must be demoralising knowing that your talisman and top scorer can't wait to leave you AGAIN for Ra Bearz (if they're still going in their current reanimated carcass)

I can't even imaging not having a poster boy up front who is not only gorgeous but a real Saints fan.... wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

My fingers are crossed that I don't have to leave for work until Sunday or Monday that way I will make the game. It will be like a cup tie with both teams well up for this game. Goodwin will be a big loss for us if suspended, Still think we will have enough about us to win the game :)

Ross County are laying on free buses for their fans on Sat.They did the same for last weeks Hearts game and took almost 1000 fans.

Brilliant - lets have a busy hoose - I was about to say and a top atmosphere but then folk will start moaning that - the atmosphere isn't the same/folk aren't sitting where the used to sit/the 'singers' should all be in around the middle in w4/folk over 30 sit on their hands/blahblahblahblahblah

I AM DEFO OVER 30, I SIT IN W4 AND I FOOKIN SING - IF YOU WANT TO SING FOOKIN SING STOP MOANING ABOUT NAE ATMOSPHERE - ADD TO IT!

COYS

Brilliant - lets have a busy hoose - I was about to say and a top atmosphere but then folk will start moaning that - the atmosphere isn't the same/folk aren't sitting where the used to sit/the 'singers' should all be in around the middle in w4/folk over 30 sit on their hands/blahblahblahblahblah

I AM DEFO OVER 30, I SIT IN W4 AND I FOOKIN SING - IF YOU WANT TO SING FOOKIN SING STOP MOANING ABOUT NAE ATMOSPHERE - ADD TO IT!

COYS

Hope you have a great day and sing yer heid aff from beginning to end. Out of curiosity, do you always behave like a saint, Miss Saint?

Hope you have a great day and sing yer heid aff from beginning to end. Out of curiosity, do you always behave like a saint, Miss Saint?

Well I will have had a few sherries, which is not the norm pre-match these days as me and the Bruv are having a wee day oot so that will obv help with the singing too. Sadly I will be attending Kilted Buddie's funeral first as well many North Enders - so I think that wee section of W4 could be a wee bit noiser than usual.

Behave like a saint...........always......mibbe no

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I didn't want to go that far but pretty much my thoughts.

Don't think so unless the incumbent Mrs.McD gets fed up with me. The old adage about the older the fiddler definitely has a lot of truth in it. So the older guys tell me anyway.