World Cup 2014

andyswann2007

Germany 1-0 France

Poor game IMO

Germans through to the semi-finals for the fourth World Cup in a row.

Looking forward to Brazil v Columbia tonight.

Certainly wasn't a good game but I'd rate it so/so. Germany really strolled and I think they deserved to win. I also think they have it in them to up their game. Months ago after they stuffed England I posted that I thought they could win it. I got shot down. Think they still might but I haven't got a bet because gambling is a mug's game. It's probably wide open.

Hmm....

Dubious stuff.

Corruption? Of course not.

Not sure about that Drew. Colombia got a penalty and got away with sticking a knee right in Neymar's back. I didn't see anything untoward there....

...apart from Fred. He's pish.

Not sure about that Drew. Colombia got a penalty and got away with sticking a knee right in Neymar's back. I didn't see anything untoward there....

...apart from Fred. He's pish.

Can't agree.

Brazil given benefit of the doubt very often

Call me cynical....

ETA- Stonewall penalty. Possible red?

Edited by Drew

Can't agree.

Brazil given benefit of the doubt very often

Calle cynical....

I've seen a lot far more dubious games on our own doorstep.... Usually involving some shit wearing blue shirts or green and white shirts, a ball in a semi final that never crossed the line, a Polish goalie not sent off for a clear assault, or a diving wee Japanese shite.

Brazil are, IMHO, winning through sheer will, luck, and by just about doing enough to get through. I think Germany will do them 1-0. Muller.

I would like to ask.

Where the goalie took him out for the penalty and was booked because David Luis was in the vicinity as the very last man.

Would David Luis been sent off had he taken him out before he reached the keeper who would have been the very last man?

I think the answer is David Luis would have been sent off.

So why did the keeper stay on?

Ref was hopeless. Keeper should have been off for preventing goal scoring opportunity. There was at least 8 mins added time. Play was stopped for 3 mins for penalty and 2 mins for neymar injury. Also 6 subs means 3 mins. Of course there was numerous other stoppages yet he comes up with 5 mins. Very strange indeed.

Brazil very fortunate to be through in my opinion. Referee had an absolute shocker and let some real rough treat go without bookings and lost control...54 fouls in a game! There could have easily been 3 Brazilians booked in 1st half and Ferdandinho (sp?) could have been sent off. Columbia in the end resorted to dishing out the same type of treatment later on when chasing the game and got punished for it. No support now for Brazil for me... ruined what could've been a great game, would love the Argentinians to beat them in the final and rub it in.

Another meh game....most underwherlming World Cup for me ever. Just my opinion mind you.

Not for the first time a team scores early and then ...........pretty boring really.

I'll watch the last QF later but surely it's got to be better than Argentina v Belgium etc.

If it wasn't for that diving B******d Robben I would want Netherlands to win but only because I think they will beat Costa Rica.

However,should Costa Rica win then I will have my faith restored.

Edited by thomsons dropped it

Another meh game....most underwherlming World Cup for me ever. Just my opinion mind you.

Not for the first time a team scores early and then ...........pretty boring really.

I'll watch the last QF later but surely it's got to be better than Argentina v Belgium etc.

If it wasn't for that diving B******d Robben I would want Netherlands to win but only because I think they will beat Costa Rica.

However,should Costa Rica win then I will have my faith restored.

Tend to agree with you. It used to be that there were some great free-flowing games with brilliant football to compensate for the shitty stuff. It's just not happening this year. Brazil look like they've stumbled along but they're far from impressive..Argentina maybe slightly better but not much. Need Messi to really perform. Germany or Holland must have a fair chance.

100% supporting Costa Rica purely because of how much I despise Robben. I'm really disappointed that no one in the Netherlands camp has come out and criticised Robben for his blatant cheating. Must assume that Netherlands would be prepared to win at any costs. All respect the Dutch have deservedly gained in the last 40 years has now gone I'm afraid.

^^^^^^^ This............

I hate diving cheating cnuts like Robben although the diving is endemic particularly the South American/ Latin / Mediterranean players. You get the drift.....

Least touch and down the go. If I hear one of those so called pundits say "There was contact so he was entitled to go down" ENTITLED !!...... F****N Cheats !!!

As you can see it gets ma goat .....

Anyway fellow Buddies, c'mon Costa Rica !!! Give your Support.

I'm away to refill my 50% Export Smirnoff Blue for me and Mrs.Thompson...Duty free from Shanghai this week..£11 per litre on the plane. £38 in Tesco ohmy.pngohmy.png

I hate those dirty South American/Latin/Mediterranean divers like Ashley Young, Thomas Muller, Shaun Maloney, Jamie Walker, Peter Pawlett, Arjen Robben & Isma Goncalves.

Edited by JM1