Danny Lennon's Best Xi

Danny has now gone and Tommy Craig's stewardship begins but in arguably one of our most successful periods in our history who were the best eleven over the four seasons he was in charge. I thought this would be straight forward but it really got me thinking and after much debate this is who ave plumped for.

Formation: 4-4-2

GK Samson

RB Van Zanten

LB Dummett

CB Mair

CB McGregor

CM Goodwin

CM McGowan

RW Teale

LW Goncalves

ST Thompson

ST Higdon

I would be interested if anyone agrees and what their best XI would be?

Danny has now gone and Tommy Craig's stewardship begins but in arguably one of our most successful periods in our history who were the best eleven over the four seasons he was in charge. I thought this would be straight forward but it really got me thinking and after much debate this is who ave plumped for.

Formation: 4-4-2

GK Samson

RB Van Zanten

LB Dummett

CB Mair

CB McGregor

CM Goodwin

CM McGowan

RW Teale

LW Goncalves

ST Thompson

ST Higdon

I would be interested if anyone agrees and what their best XI would be?

Couldn't disagree with anyone in this team.

You got what you wanted, it's time to sit back and "enjoy" the change so many people wanted

I wouldn't have chosen Tommy Craig, however, he must be given a chance and with Jim Goodwin and Teale helping him I am sure they will do better than Danny Lennon, danny lennon used to be indecisive but now he's not so sure. laugh.png

GK Kello

RB Dummett (out of position but this is DL team)

LB Tesselaar (best player in a Saints shirt in my memory as a supporter)

CB McGregor

CM Goodwin

CM McGowan

RW Teale

LW Carey

CF Harkins (guy has natural balance and talent...couldnt give a shit if he is worst trainer in the world, management should have got past it and we may have finished top six if he didn't go out on loan)

ST Thompson

ST Goncalves

GK Kello

RB Dummett (out of position but this is DL team)

LB Tesselaar (best player in a Saints shirt in my memory as a supporter)

CB McGregor

CM Goodwin

CM McGowan

RW Teale

LW Carey

CF Harkins (guy has natural balance and talent...couldnt give a shit if he is worst trainer in the world, management should have got past it and we may have finished top six if he didn't go out on loan)

ST Thompson

ST Goncalves

Mock DL all you like with jibes about fielding players out of position. I notice you are happy to include a waster like Carey ahead of McLean or McGinn.

Newsflash paperboy!! I am entitled to my opinion! Not a jibe, just a personal observation. McLean and McGinn not finished articles so in MY opinion they didn't make the cut. That side has goals and players who can keep possession and build up the pitch again and again (surely the way DL envisaged his team to play). Ps Dibbles I wanted Lennon to stay. Players out of position is not a big deal to me. Bit of a hypocrite jibing Carey tbh.

Newsflash paperboy!! I am entitled to my opinion! Not a jibe, just a personal observation. McLean and McGinn not finished articles so in MY opinion they didn't make the cut. That side has goals and players who can keep possession and build up the pitch again and again (surely the way DL envisaged his team to play). Ps Dibbles I wanted Lennon to stay. Players out of position is not a big deal to me. Bit of a hypocrite jibing Carey tbh.

And Carey is the finished article unlike McLean or McGinn

I don't think Danny Lennon really knew what his best XI was...

That was the problem surely, and may go some way to explaining why we signed all those useless misfits that didn't really fit into the team.

Maybe so but it is a question aimed at members of the forum for them to pick their best XI

Maybe so but it is a question aimed at members of the forum for them to pick their best XI

Misinterpreted the title obviously......

Although if a forum member picks their best XI, it would be their best XI and not Danny Lennon's?

Unless Danny posted on the forum I suppose.

Anyway sorry about that......promise to do better in the future!

Now Archie Gemill......

• 2 weeks later...

GK - Paul Gallacher

RB - David van Zanten

RCB - Darren McGregor

LCB - Jim Goodwin ©

LB - Paul Dummett

RM - Gary Teale

RCM - Paul McGowan

LCM - John McGinn/Kenny McLean

LM - Graham Carey

ST - Steven Thompson