Thomas Reilly

When I think of Reilly, all I think of is him knocking the ball around with team-mates at half time with a permanent cheesy grin on his face, before he runs over to speak with someone trackside near the West / South stand corner.

Surely to goodness he needs to go out on loan, and if he doesn't do the business in a lower league situation then both club and player can come to a decision that suits both parties.

He scored 1 goal out of 10 .....yes TEN, against a group of amateur guys (many with a waistline as big as mine.)

He seems like a really sound wee guy but i`m afraid , in my opinion, hes just not cut out for this level.

I was at that game, at least 3 other of the goals were down to him. 1 in particular seemed certain to be going out for a goal kick and he somehow cut it back for an open goal.

In saying that, I'm not sure Thomas has it in him to be a first team player at this level. He has a contract to the end of the season though, he has until then to prove me, you and the rest of the doubters wrong. If he doesn't he will be released.

He scored 1 goal out of 10 .....yes TEN, against a group of amateur guys (many with a waistline as big as mine.)

He seems like a really sound wee guy but i`m afraid , in my opinion, hes just not cut out for this level.

That big shock1.gif

We've signed two new strikers that need game time. He might even be behind Dorrans in the pecking order so hell have a hard job being a first teamer this season. He's clearly got something. but like Dougie Bell "we might not be able to utilize him properly"

In saying that we played McLean on the righ yesterday and then pushed marwood out there. Bring him on to play wide right might not have been a bad call Tommy. (PM sent)

Looks like Thomas is the chosen one to take over from Marc by some of our"supporters"

I simply said "in my opinion" hes not cut out for this level huh.png I`ve never slagged him or called him names , unlike the treatment Cheesy receives. So if we think a players not quite there we`re not allowed to say ?

Isnt opinions what a forum is all about ?

I'm sorry, but suggesting St Mirren might not know how best to use Thomas Reilly is ridiculous IMHO. That would suggest he's a magnificently talented flair player who maybe doesn't execute defensive duties very well, but because he's so good, we play him and let him do what he wants.

That's not Reilly, that's Harkins.