Thomas Reilly

Never mind sending him out on loan.

What i've seen and heard, he is more than capable of becoming the latest Saints wonderkid and legend.

NOW IS HIS TIME.

Get him in the team every week and give the boy a proper chance.

No more 2 minute substitute appearances.

Give the lad a break, i'm sure he'll not let us down.

What i've seen and heard, he is more than capable of becoming the latest Saints wonderkid and legend.

NOW IS HIS TIME.

Your on the drink early today shull.

Before we signed Caldwell i reckoned Tam would be a bigger part of the first team than he was last season. However, after the latest signing i worry if he'll get any game time at all.

Time to fire him out on loan to Dunfermline or someone and see if he can get game time/score a few goals. It worked for Stevie May - Twice and Lawrence Shankland at Aberdeen who they have high hopes for.

Reilly can play wide right, some of his best games for us came in that position before his injury. If he does break into the team this season i think it will be in midfield.

He looked good 2 seasons ago playing the Gowser role in the U/20s

But last season he was poor and couldn't justify pushing for a place in the first team

He will never get a better chance this season and up to him but he will really need to improve on last season's performances

He looked good 2 seasons ago playing the Gowser role in the U/20s

But last season he was poor and couldn't justify pushing for a place in the first team

He will never get a better chance this season and up to him but he will really need to improve on last season's performances

He had a bad injury last season

NOW IS HIS TIME.

If you bothered to go and see the u20s, You would have seen that he has hardly set the heather on fire, Since his ankle injury he's not looked like a lad who's battling to get in the first team, In fact other youngster are pushing harder than he has been, But he's a talented player, So lets hope he shines this season.

Edited by santaponsasaint

If you bothered to go and see the u20s, You would have seen that he has hardly set the heather on fire, Since his ankle injury he's not looked like a lad who's battling to get in the first team, In fact other youngster are pushing harder than he has been, But he's a talented player, So lets hope he shines this season.

Think that's about right SPS, but towards the end of the season he seemed more like his old self ans scored a couple of crackers. I'm hopeful, but not resting my hopes for the season on one untried under 20 player.

Now prove me wrong Thomasthumbup2.gif

With Caldwell signed I think Reilly should go out on loan for half a season! Don't think sitting on the bench is going to do him any favours.

With Marwood and Cadwell being inexperienced in the spl I would rather see us sign/loan a player who we know can play at Priemiership level rather than rely on 3 unproved players!

Unless we sign another striker, I reckon that Reilly will be required as cover.

Sir. Thommo and Marwood will most likely start as the two first picks.

You'd imagine in the event of injury, either Caldwell or Reilly would be next in line.

IMO, at present, we don't have enough depth in attack to loan out Reilly.

Reilly is quick and, before his injury, was a tricky wee player. Given we have limitd resources on the right side of midfield I think it would be remiss of the coaching staff to not think out of the bottle and ignore the possibility of Thomas giving us options wide right.

We cant run with anything less than 4 strikers in the squad. I believe TC will give more game time to the youngsters and do more rotation during matches. Both reilly and marwood can deputise in midfield too if needed to.

I think some people are too critical on some players. Reilly has barely kicked a ball in the first team, though is deemed not good enough. A few sub appearances and a couple of starts isnt sufficient time for his development. Give him gametime and then judge him.

I would rather have a Thomas Reilly than an overpaid journeyman picked up multiple times a young developing players wage.

Reilly is quick and, before his injury, was a tricky wee player. Given we have limitd resources on the right side of midfield I think it would be remiss of the coaching staff to not think out of the bottle and ignore the possibility of Thomas giving us options wide right.

Was that not what they tried at Palmerston with quite horrific results?

We cant run with anything less than 4 strikers in the squad. I believe TC will give more game time to the youngsters and do more rotation during matches. Both reilly and marwood can deputise in midfield too if needed to.

I think some people are too critical on some players. Reilly has barely kicked a ball in the first team, though is deemed not good enough. A few sub appearances and a couple of starts isnt sufficient time for his development. Give him gametime and then judge him.

I would rather have a Thomas Reilly than an overpaid journeyman picked up multiple times a young developing players wage.

As much as I like TR, He's done nothing in the u20 team to justify his place in that team let alone the first team, TR knows this is the season he has to shine otherwise he wont be offered a new contract at the end of the season, I really hope he has a great season, And earns himself a new contract

As much as I like TR, He's done nothing in the u20 team to justify his place in that team let alone the first team, TR knows this is the season he has to shine otherwise he wont be offered a new contract at the end of the season, I really hope he has a great season, And earns himself a new contract

I don't doubt your judgement Gary as i know you are regular at the unders games.

I think he knows more than anyone that its make or break this season as he is approaching an age where you can no longer carry the tag of 'potential'. Hopefully he gets a good pre-season under his belt.

Quite clearly 4th in the pecking order. Send him to a Dumbarton or Queen of the South etc to get games, bring him back with the aim of making an impact next season.

I honestly don't think either of those teams would want him. He's not did anything worth shouting about. Thomas will need to start right at the bottom if he wants to be in ye starting 11.

I remember last pre season thinking that could be his big season. We started him against Newcastle obviously cos the management were thinking the same. I remember he took a crossfield ball on his chest & flicked it over the head of France's right back debuchy! At that point I thought we have a player! Reminded me of a young mcgarry. But for some reason after that he faded away and after watching him in an u20s game he did nothing.

He's definitely got talent, he just needs to show it when it matters and he could be a good player for us

Edited by Big Yards

Quick isn't exactly the word I would use to describe Reilly