Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

Sorry Richard but that is absolutely garbage. Depreciation represents the amortisation of a capital sum over its expected useful life - where that expected life is greater than 12 months. It's a basic accounting principle to match revenue with costs in any given year to deliver that revenue.

Any ongoing requirement to maintain the asset for annual repairs and renewals would be met through P&L.

In accounting standard terms.

In reality running a 300k loss each year which is caused by not balancing out the depreciation charge with building reserves from the p+l to eventually fix a significant capital item which will eventually occur beyond the annual wear and tear will at some point cause issues.

And saying that the losses are acceptable because they are not cash losses but depreciation only, only washes for so long as the stadium will eventually need significant re investment beyond the standard day to day stuff.

I was not trying to alter the acca def on depreciation..lol

Its impossible for the club to lose money. We have no borrowing facilities.

This comment beggars belief. This is why fans on reflection would make crap club owners.

Absolutely no financial commonsense whatsoever.

We could EASILY run out of money and be unable to pay our players.

Dropping attendances would do it for a start.

In accounting standard terms.

In reality running a 300k loss each year which is caused by not balancing out the depreciation charge with building reserves from the p+l to eventually fix a significant capital item which will eventually occur beyond the annual wear and tear will at some point cause issues.

And saying that the losses are acceptable because they are not cash losses but depreciation only, only washes for so long as the stadium will eventually need significant re investment beyond the standard day to day stuff.

The above trips off your keyboard, as if you'd recently been involved in trying to run a similar business to StMirren, with a larger, much more decrepit stadium (with a lovely red brick special frontage) that has been neglected for several years and is allegedly riddled with asbestos!

Poor... er... dears.... :)

This comment beggars belief. This is why fans on reflection would make crap club owners.

Absolutely no financial commonsense whatsoever.

We could EASILY run out of money and be unable to pay our players.

Dropping attendances would do it for a start.

this post beggars belief and highlights how oaksoft has absolutely no financial sense whatsoever

if we cant pay the players then we obviously don't lose any money

:1eye

administration would be the next step

this post beggars belief and highlights how oaksoft has absolutely no financial sense whatsoever

1eye.gif

Haven't you got other aliases to play with?

Or other forums?

Either way you can piss off onto my ignore list both here and on PieandBovril Reynard..

so you got your info from chic young rather than Stewart Gilmour? lol.gif:

Chick on national BBC Radio Scotland said he was told by Stuart Gilmour there was nothing in the Story in the Sun 'utter nonsense'

Stuart told Chick that the club were talking to 'various' interested parties.

That these parties the club are talking to are NO WHERE NEAR PURCHASING THE CLUB.

Personally I don't think Chick is one for telling lies on the countries national radio station.

You Reynard are the one coming on and writing something is happening. Good that's what we all want to hear.

The only problem is

You can't tell us who it is

You can't tell us when it will happen

Bottom line is you can't tell us hee haw so why write as if you know something. Are you trying to impress you are in the know.

Would listen to Check any day before the crap you are coming away with on this subject.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1eye.gif

Only businesses that cant meet their committments can go into administration

therefor you need to have lost a significant sum to be eligible to have an application for adminisration accepted

if you are not losing money then you cant go into administration-you are expected to cover your committments

At the "Armageddon" public meeting SGG stated that without the TV and associated sponsorship St Mirren FC Ltd were weeks away from administration. How much truth there was in that is open to debate, as many felt that it was said to influence the fast track of Oldco.

Our club is so heavily reliant on those revenue streams. Far more than traditional gate receipts. So it was a statement made by owners of the club who transformed a debt ridden club into what we have today.

What we appear to have failed to do since we moved from Love St is build up any cash reserves to deal with a relegation scenario or TV deals disappearing. That is concerning.

The BoD run a very tight budget and have great experience to draw on. The relegation under Hendrie taught them a great deal in terms of introducing relegation clauses.

There came a time under the current BoD where part time football was being planned for out of necessity.

Face facts. A relegation would have a significant impact on our current staff levels....not just the playing staff.

The voice of reality there Slash.

If relegated then Ralston would likely go as well as the dome to cut costs to match income. we could be down for years, possibly even out of business?

Only businesses that cant meet their committments can go into administration

therefor you need to have lost a significant sum to be eligible to have an application for adminisration accepted

if you are not losing money then you cant go into administration-you are expected to cover your committments

so, in summary, if you have run out of money and have no borrowing facilities and cant meet your commitments then you can go into admin?

thanks for confirming that...

Chick on national BBC Radio Scotland said he was told by Stuart Gilmour there was nothing in the Story in the Sun 'utter nonsense'

Stuart told Chick that the club were talking to 'various' interested parties.

That these parties the club are talking to are NO WHERE NEAR PURCHASING THE CLUB.

Personally I don't think Chick is one for telling lies on the countries national radio station.

You Reynard are the one coming on and writing something is happening. Good that's what we all want to hear.

The only problem is

You can't tell us who it is

You can't tell us when it will happen

Bottom line is you can't tell us hee haw so why write as if you know something. Are you trying to impress you are in the know.

Would listen to Check any day before the crap you are coming away with on this subject.

you aren't quite getting this :1eye

Stewart Gilmour is hardly likely to divulge private details of negotiations to a journalist, is he!

if the parties involved want it kept secret then they ain't going to tell chic young :lol:

as for what i know, what i know is very little

but what i do know is more than chic young :lol:

At the "Armageddon" public meeting SGG stated that without the TV and associated sponsorship St Mirren FC Ltd were weeks away from administration. How much truth there was in that is open to debate, as many felt that it was said to influence the fast track of Oldco.

Our club is so heavily reliant on those revenue streams. Far more than traditional gate receipts. So it was a statement made by owners of the club who transformed a debt ridden club into what we have today.

What we appear to have failed to do since we moved from Love St is build up any cash reserves to deal with a relegation scenario or TV deals disappearing. That is concerning.

The BoD run a very tight budget and have great experience to draw on. The relegation under Hendrie taught them a great deal in terms of introducing relegation clauses.

There came a time under the current BoD where part time football was being planned for out of necessity.

Face facts. A relegation would have a significant impact on our current staff levels....not just the playing staff.

do you need to build up reserves for relegation?

i would think you just need to make sure all contracts are structured such that you can get shot of them on relegation

i think the hendrie issue was that we budgeted to be in a promotion battle and the corresponding attendances

when gates fell away then we were up sh1t creek

re the rangers situation, i reckon the armageddon scenario is what Celtic were pushing

it was Celtic who were worried about a league with no rangers

its celtic's gates that have been most affected by the demise of rangers

Edited by a50lennyc

I don't dispute any of that. What I do dispute is there is a chance of us going part time in 3 years.

Morton and Dunfermline run full time squads in the third tier. If we were there in 3 years - and that is a minuscule chance - we could stay full time.

you aren't quite getting this 1eye.gif

Stewart Gilmour is hardly likely to divulge private details of negotiations to a journalist, is he!

if the parties involved want it kept secret then they ain't going to tell chic young lol.gif:

as for what i know, what i know is very little

but what i do know is more than chic young lol.gif:

No your the o0ne that can't quite get this as the next 4 weeks will show with no sale

Then I will remind you of the utter nonsense you write on the thread smile.png

Edit to cut one post away

I don't dispute any of that. What I do dispute is there is a chance of us going part time in 3 years.

Morton and Dunfermline run full time squads in the third tier. If we were there in 3 years - and that is a minuscule chance - we could stay full time.

Agreed we wont go part time we are a small Premiership club but one of the larger championship clubs.

Wages and squad size would be cut accordingly to keep us full time.

Morton and Dunfermline run full time squads in the third tier. If we were there in 3 years - and that is a minuscule chance - we could stay full time. My edit - could or would?

Morton have an octagenarian sugar daddy (sic) chairman who threatens to make them part time every season and Dunfermline are barely a year on from Administration, unlike Falkirk (in the Championship) we've been unable to sell a player a year from our Youth Development squad. Who else other than the big 3 are still full-time in that division Livinston (let's not go there!) Raith have a mixture of Full & Part Time players, I'm not sure about QotS but they've had their financial worries in recent years.

If we were relegated and didn't bounce back at the first attempt then I think any BoD would be considering their options - so yeah in the worst case scenario I'd say we're only two years away from being partly part-time.

Edited by Bud the Baker

From what we are lead to believe we spend every penny we receive and that is just to maintain a perma relegation struggle, bottom 6 squad so where is the "rainy day" money coming from ? There is no money to put away for disaster contingency (ie relegation or another major revenue stream going). If we were relegated we would be a team of young lads bolstered by what little we might be able to spend from the (admittedly now improved) parachute payments. There would be cuts accross the board although I doubt that would lead to part-time football at least not in season one.

It's the lack of cash full stop that is crippling us especially on the park. Whether that would change if the club was sold depends fully on the type of buyer. Unless the club is sold revenue will only increase if we sell a player or we get more bums on seats. Very unlikely to improve attendences while the product on the pitch is so poor so it very obviously becomes a vicious circle.

Nothing much will change (bar possibly the division we are playing in) until the club is sold. We are in a state of limbo until that happens.

St Johnstone despite having smaller gates generate circa £1,000,000 more revenue than our club.

Our wages:turnover ratio is one of the highest in the league.

Despite moving to a new stadium we have not flourished commercially primarily because the sale of the club has put any off field investment in additional staff in commercial department.

St Johnstone have a large team in comparison to CK, and that shows in their increased turnover.

No reflection on the job CK does, but there is only so much one guy can do.

That's because St Johnstone have a far bigger income outwith football than we do.

Why when we were in the first division with crippling debt did we stay full time. Yet here you saying we would now go part time with no debt ?

As I wrote above firmly believe we will cut our costs accordingly to stay full time

That's because St Johnstone have a far bigger income outwith football than we do.

Why when we were in the first division with crippling debt did we stay full time. Yet here you saying we would now go part time with no debt ?

As I wrote above firmly believe we will cut our costs accordingly to stay full time

What the current BoD did in the early years of their tenure was little short of miraculous - sixteen years since they took control and with the enthusiasm to run the club in a hands-on fashion clearly long gone I'd say nothing is certain................