Fan Zone At St Mirren Park This Saturday V Motherwell

TopCat

This is a national campaign. Sectarianism, bigotry and racism continues to be an issue throughout the whole of Scotland and there are elements within our nation that still hold such beliefs regardless of the colour of their scarf or club they support.

I agree that more effort needs to be made to stamp out the sectarian bile that is often shouted or sung at games involving the OF, but not all of that comes from the away fans.

Sadly I don't think this type of grass roots education will be effective in Scotland. The problem just seems so deep rooted within our society. Just my personal opinion, but until we have an education policy that operates on geographic rather than religious divide the problem will continue to fester.

http://www.scottishfans.org/the-colours-of-our-scarves/

Hope the photographer does manage to capture big Derek today in his flag and multiple scarves.

https://www.actiononsectarianism.info/home

i dont think this campaign will make one single bit of difference to the main perpetrators of sectarianism, it's just preaching to the converted, decent people already know how to behave and reminding us of how we loathe sectarianism is not going to make it go away, come down hard on the supporters who glamourise the irish divide and i might applaud, but that wont happen because too many newspapers and other organisations (a certain two glasgow establishments come to mind) make millions of pounds out of this scourge

Sadly I don't think this type of grass roots education will be effective in Scotland. The problem just seems so deep rooted within our society. Just my personal opinion, but until we have an education policy that operates on geographic rather than religious divide the problem will continue to fester.

And yet England seems to have none of these problems and has the same faith schools.

The answer lies at Ibrox and Parkhead and the focus these two clubs bring for those who would normally not be dragged into the sectarian nonsense.

It is society's problem but the OF are the fuel.

Worked really well. Enjoyed having a place at the ground to meet up and have a drink / bite to eat. Used it post-match too - sat with a coffee and had a moan with Div about the ref and West Stand linesman. Also bought some St Mirren chocolate footballs from the merch' table.

Hard to believe that over five years since the stadium opened, our BoD have not realised the benefits to be had of having a supporter's bar / cafe / meeting place.... at a stadium constructed with fcuk-all for fans anywhere near it.

No, hold on, that actually isn't hard to believe at all.

Applauds to the fan council guys.

As a fans councillor I was well chuffed how it went today, It also proves that you can have a drink at the ground with no problems, Im sure The Fans Council with the BOD will look at today and see the benefits of having a bar facility at the stadium, Best bit of the day was me up singing lol, Big thanks to the fans and all who worked hard to make it happen,

The reason you may have that view is that your only exposure to the English game is what you see on MOTD.

Don't bloody patronise me.

I lived in England for nearly 15 years.

MOTD? f**k sake!

England's problem is racism and that is their issue to sort out.

Scotland's problem is sectarianism.

And the OF are the gaping suppurating wound allowing it to fester.

It's blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain who actually lives up here.

Edited by oaksoft

MOTD? f**k sake!

Anti IRA songs are heard every week in English football, mostly outside the ground and travelling to the ground.

Thing is this was successful but I fir one was put off due to being a rent in winter. Just think how many we could have if we had an actual supporters club in the void.

I would def be down for twelve to watch the early kickoff few pints sonething to eat and puts money into club would be ran from fans council so sby profits go to club And have eventually supporters club leaving from the stadium for away games ideal get into bar before

MOTD? f**k sake!

And the OF are the gaping suppurating wound allowing it to fester.

It's blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain who actually lives up here.

Is it sectarianism or racism when the Asian communities are fighting amongst themselves? Try living in somewhere like Hounslow or Southall in west London and try and answer that.