Tommy Craig Sacked !

div

Need to give credit to the board here. Even though they want out they've yet again dug into their own pockets, and they've paid him off.

Sorry, but you don't get extra credit for sorting out your own mess and you don't get any if the "solution" ends up as bad as the original problem. Chances are he is collecting a wage until such times as he finds a new job or takes a much reduced pay out-how will things go if Goodwin & teale end up as a semi pemanent mamagement team until the summer? there will be no digging deep involved in that scenario

let me say it again- this board will look to make the cheapest possible appointment. craig did it for less than lennon and the next guy may well be cheaper than Craig. How many SPL class managers are available for < 50k?

let me say it again- this board will look to make the cheapest possible appointment. craig did it for less than lennon and the next guy may well be cheaper than Craig. How many SPL class managers are available for < 50k?

Thousands.

Doesn't really matter what size of house it is mate, we definitely won't get humped on Saturday. I'd go as far as to say I absolutely guarantee that we won't even lose on Saturday thumbup2.gif

Calm yourself, you sound like me before the referendum.

That was a nasty hangover.

Of course, when we get humped on Saturday there will be a certain element on here saying we shouldn't have bagged him.

I can absolutely gaurantee we won't get beaten on Saturday. 100%!!!!!whistling.gif

edited to add.

I wish I'd read right through first!lol.gif

Doesn't really matter what size of house it is mate, we definitely won't get humped on Saturday. I'd go as far as to say I absolutely guarantee that we won't even lose on Saturday thumbup2.gif

Edited by stlucifer

With the McGinn current contract situation perhaps they can offset TC's payoff with a development fee.

Or maybe they will sell a player or two in January.

Possibly the sale of club could be at an advanced stage and this leaves the stage open for the new owners to appoint their choice.

I still don't believe the BoD will invest any further personal money in St Mirren in terms of paying staff off which was the point you were making.

Who would buy our players? I would say the one sellable asset we have is McGinn, and teams won't exactly be queuing up to buy him and not surprisingly either. He's been pretty poor this season.

It's a directors loan. Unless TC has resigned, or unless he has been put on gardening leave some pay off will have taken place. As you will know, the club doesn't have spare money kicking about nor do we have a credit facility with any lenders. Ergo it must have came from the directors pockets.

I have to say-i am happy that the mistake that saw Craig appointed has been PARTIALLY rectified. But sadder in a greater measure that this mistake was made in the first place. This board broke McPherson, they almost broke wee danny and now they will most likely have broken TC. How much hope is there that a sane and sensible over-acheiver of a manager is sitting poised to move to Greenhill rd? with our track record i would say not much.

And do we really lack so much class that we actually CELEBRATE the dismissal of someone who will be damned lucky to find alternative employment in football? Others hoping that the departed manager gets less money than he is due need to take a look at themselves, that is actually a bit sick.

Christmas spirit? Not much of that round here!

I have to say-i am happy that the mistake that saw Craig appointed has been PARTIALLY rectified. But sadder in a greater measure that this mistake was made in the first place. This board broke McPherson, they almost broke wee danny and now they will most likely have broken TC. How much hope is there that a sane and sensible over-acheiver of a manager is sitting poised to move to Greenhill rd? with our track record i would say not much.

And do we really lack so much class that we actually CELEBRATE the dismissal of someone who will be damned lucky to find alternative employment in football? Others hoping that the departed manager gets less money than he is due need to take a look at themselves, that is actually a bit sick.

I recall you joined the forum to back the board member who was removed for colluding with Rongers mob. And then you/he didn't even show up to offer a defence.

I'd take this attack on the board with a pinch of salt.

I agree. I'm not comfortable at all celebrating someone losing their jobs.

I just wasn't brought up that way.

Tommy will always be a Saints legend as part of the Cup winning squad and it's very sad to see him finish up this way.

Not sure he's going to be finished in football though. Someone will employ him I'm sure - just not as manager.