Tommy Craig Sacked !

div

I agree. I'm not comfortable at all celebrating someone losing their jobs.

I just wasn't brought up that way.

Tommy will always be a Saints legend as part of the Cup winning squad and it's very sad to see him finish up this way.

Not sure he's going to be finished in football though. Someone will employ him I'm sure - just not as manager.

:lol:

I have to say-i am happy that the mistake that saw Craig appointed has been PARTIALLY rectified. But sadder in a greater measure that this mistake was made in the first place. This board broke McPherson, they almost broke wee danny and now they will most likely have broken TC. How much hope is there that a sane and sensible over-acheiver of a manager is sitting poised to move to Greenhill rd? with our track record i would say not much.

And do we really lack so much class that we actually CELEBRATE the dismissal of someone who will be damned lucky to find alternative employment in football? Others hoping that the departed manager gets less money than he is due need to take a look at themselves, that is actually a bit sick.

Christmas spirit? Not much of that round here!

Football is a cutthroat business and TC knew exactly what he was getting into taking a managers job, that's why football managers get paid so much. If I was so awful at my job for the first 6 months I would get canned with zero compensation so don't pity him.

I agree. I'm not comfortable at all celebrating someone losing their jobs.

I just wasn't brought up that way.

Tommy will always be a Saints legend as part of the Cup winning squad and it's very sad to see him finish up this way.

Not sure he's going to be finished in football though. Someone will employ him I'm sure - just not as manager.

Errrrrra macaroon bar! Errrrrra chewy Fruitella sweeties.................

It's the right decision. I'm not interested in celebrating or gloating when a man loses his employment (paid off or not), but from a footballing perspective it is the right decision.

Thanks for your hard work Tommy, it's a massive shame for all concerned that it didn't work out.

Thank you for helping to end a long trophyless period and giving us a semi-final and final that I will NEVER forget. For that I thank you.

Happy to see the club remove Tommy from the managerial hot seat. His position had been doomed to failure for a wee while now and the board couldn't afford not to get rid if him. I have never known so many seasoned fan's disillusioned with us as I have done in the last few months.

Hopefully we can get the right person in place after the Celtic game not necessarily before the Motherwell game but within the next couple of weeks. This is a massive appointment for the board but maybe the club is getting sold and the new regime will make their own appointment once in control of the club.

I think you might see some of TC''s signings moving on in January and possibly the loaned player's returned to Man City.

It's now time for everyone to pull together and get down to St Mirren Park for the Motherwell game and back the team in good voice and more importantly good numbers. There are some decent player's in that dressing room and there is no doubt in my mind that this is the poorest topflight in my lifetime. Together we can climb the table and avoid 11th or 12th spot. :-)

Football is a cutthroat business and TC knew exactly what he was getting into taking a managers job, that's why football managers get paid so much. If I was so awful at my job for the first 6 months I would get canned with zero compensation so don't pity him.

If you think it is such a happy occassion then go ahead, knock yourself out!

I have to say-i am happy that the mistake that saw Craig appointed has been PARTIALLY rectified. But sadder in a greater measure that this mistake was made in the first place. This board broke McPherson, they almost broke wee danny and now they will most likely have broken TC. How much hope is there that a sane and sensible over-acheiver of a manager is sitting poised to move to Greenhill rd? with our track record i would say not much.

And do we really lack so much class that we actually CELEBRATE the dismissal of someone who will be damned lucky to find alternative employment in football? Others hoping that the departed manager gets less money than he is due need to take a look at themselves, that is actually a bit sick.

Christmas spirit? Not much of that round here!

He' 64 FFS. Just about retirement age and has made a decent living from the game. Let him go and enjoy his pipe and slippers and leave the management of football to someone who knows how to do it. I won't feel sorry for him - he had little time for us.