Ebola In Glasgow

TopCat

These are aid workers that go through a very careful protection regime but still these 'angels' catch Ebola. They say they understand this virus but look deeper and there are plenty experts out there who say this virus can be caught through air. Was mocked the last time I wrote how dangerous this virus is.

Pray this person gets the medicine that seems to go to 'those' and only those and that no one looking after this angel catches it also. Worrying time.

These are aid workers that go through a very careful protection regime but still these 'angels' catch Ebola. They say they understand this virus but look deeper and there are plenty experts out there who say this virus can be caught through air. Was mocked the last time I wrote how dangerous this virus is.

Pray this person gets the medicine that seems to go to 'those' and only those and that no one looking after this angel catches it also. Worrying time.

You weren't mocked for that.

It was however pointed out that the chances of an epidemic of ebola in this country is virtually nil.

Which remains the case.

You weren't mocked for that.

It was however pointed out that the chances of an epidemic of ebola in this country is virtually nil.

Which remains the case.

I do hope that you're correct. However the fact that this is the top story on the BBC tells you that this is a big deal. I have family who work in the NHS and I don't feel as confident as you.

I do hope that you're correct. However the fact that this is the top story on the BBC tells you that this is a big deal. I have family who work in the NHS and I don't feel as confident as you.

It's only top story on the BBC because there's only so far you can go with footage of a Boeing 747 landing safely...

I hope too that this woman makes a full and speedy recovery and have no doubt she will receive the very best treatment.

But is there not something wrong with a system that allows someone who is brave and dedicated enough to go to another country and help with the outbreak to run the risk of actually spreading the disease?

I hope too that this woman makes a full and speedy recovery and have no doubt she will receive the very best treatment.

But is there not something wrong with a system that allows someone who is brave and dedicated enough to go to another country and help with the outbreak to run the risk of actually spreading the disease?

I think it shows you can't really 'screen' for these things at airports. My initial alarm was raised when they so gleefully sent a UK medical team to Sierra Leone, with the best of intentions, but somehow assuming that none of them would bring it back.

Edited by FS

Agreed. I've seen the NHS first hand as a patient and I certainly wouldn't describe the care that's likely to be given to this poor lass as 'brilliant', particularly not in Gartnaval Hospital. I wonder if they are still allowing the wee man that sells the newspapers, sweets and crips in the morning to wander from ward to ward and room to room without observing any of the protection policies that are in place. I was horrified when I saw him wandering unchallenged by any medical staff back and forward between MRSA rooms and Non MRSA rooms without even washing his hands.

Please listen to the experts in this field and not sensationalised reports in the media or fact free stories from a halfwit with a grudge against the NHS.

I'm sure if you can sort out facts from fiction, then you'll be more confident.

Edited by FTOF

Please listen to the experts in this field and not sensationalised reports in the media or fact free stories from a halfwit with a grudge against the NHS.

I'm sure if you can sort out facts from fiction, then you'll be more confident.

News is sensationalised which you know its their job to make it as big as possible. However facts are in past cases in America and Spain where by medical staff caught Ebola supposedly under stringent rules of care. The good thing was that they pulled through. There is an anti virus medicine I understand on trial I'm sure this patient will make a full recovery.

My point in the other thread was many seem to think it wont come here , I was only using my experience of West Africa in its lack of hygiene habits which is no fault of the ordinary person given the availability of running water. Flights from West Africa are always full of which there is many. Maybe I was wrong but I could see Ebola spreading into Europe. So far thankfully its not the case and I don't think it will now just the odd isolated case.

News is sensationalised which you know its their job to make it as big as possible. However facts are in past cases in America and Spain where by medical staff caught Ebola supposedly under stringent rules of care. The good thing was that they pulled through. There is an anti virus medicine I understand on trial I'm sure this patient will make a full recovery.

My point in the other thread was many seem to think it wont come here , I was only using my experience of West Africa in its lack of hygiene habits which is no fault of the ordinary person given the availability of running water. Flights from West Africa are always full of which there is many. Maybe I was wrong but I could see Ebola spreading into Europe. So far thankfully its not the case and I don't think it will now just the odd isolated case.

By the nature of the work these aid workers carry out and in the conditions they're working in, then it's almost inevitable that you will get the odd case now and again.

If that's what you mean by "spreading" then you're correct.

However, for it to cause any sort of outbreak in a developed country, which follows the protocols put in place by their health officials, is highly unlikely.

However, just to be on the safe side, I've purchased ASDA Feegie's © entire stock of Dettox products this morning.

Magic. A bottle of duty free Jack Daniels and one of those massive Toblerones for me pleas

On a more serious note, I see that the nurse may injected with plasma from previously infected victims that have survived the disease, if the initial treatment is unsuccessful.

Fingers crossed any treatment is successful.

Edited by FTOF