A Message From The Saints Bod

I don't get you Top Cat. Unless you or your close friends are members of our BOD then your stance and defence of them just don't make any sense. And as you were attempting to speak for thousands of Saints fans by suggesting they couldn't name the BOD or care about what's going on in the boardroom, the arrogance was oozing from your pours. Of course the fans are interested in how their club is run. Just take a look at the Saints for Sale threads. I wouldn't want to see SG run onto the park! That's just to much work for him!!

The board say they are tired, poor them. We're all tired, tired of the lack of enthusiasm and direction. Stale,stale,stale. We are a community club and should expect the board to stay in touch with the fans, through good times and bad. If they cant, they should chuck it.

Bizarre rant this one. I'm not close friends with the BOD.

I said I think most couldn't name the directors who sit BOD and I'm sure most couldn't, I then asked if you could and i notice you've avoided that question.

And there's nothing wrong with not being able to name our BOD. Most of our fans are football fans whose prime concern is how we perform on the park.

I don't expect anything more from our board other than to run our club in a responsible fiscal manner, and they've done that for the best part of 20 years. When you look at the way other Scottish clubs of a similar and larger size have been run in that time period you realise how lucky we have been to have them.

The communications at the club should be and primarily is handled by the full time employees of the club; the manager, the general manager and the commercial manager. Unlike the BOD, they don't have other jobs and businesses to be worrying about.

The BOD want to 'chuck it' but no one suitable wants to buy them out. What do you suggest they do? Sell us to the first crook that roles up in Paisley? Thankfully they care too much about the club to do that.

Load of rubbish. This is not a new problem which has only arisen now we're bottom of the league! Many of us have been saying for a couple of years now that the board have chucked it and are only interested in cost cutting now. Nothing to do with the league position, just look at our squad which is mostly boys now!

The league position is a direct result of the boards unwillingness and laziness in running the club and a result of the cost cutting measures from top to bottom. It's not a case of fans looking for a scapegoat because we're going out the league!

The board as we all know want out have done for what is it 7 years. They have also said the club needs new ideas fresh enthusiasm. Get that sentence as its something most of us are saying also.

Yes mistakes have been made this season that will probably see us go down but ffs. This is the board to thank the fact you even have a club to support.

Allan Sugars book he said the biggest mistake in his life was running Spurs.

While I am as disappointed as the next fan regarding this season I don't forget what has been done to save the club. They the board are die hard supporters just like me and you. Me I make mistakes in my life also. Really glad you don't make any mistakes.

Bottom line is the club is up for sale but they cant force anyone to purchase the club. Before anyone jumps on the price is too high. The price is what they want to charge just Like when you sell your house or car.

If

Bizarre rant this one. I'm not close friends with the BOD.

I said I think most couldn't name the directors who sit BOD and I'm sure most couldn't, I then asked if you could and i notice you've avoided that question.

And there's nothing wrong with not being able to name our BOD. Most of our fans are football fans whose prime concern is how we perform on the park.

I don't expect anything more from our board other than to run our club in a responsible fiscal manner, and they've done that for the best part of 20 years. When you look at the way other Scottish clubs of a similar and larger size have been run in that time period you realise how lucky we have been to have them.

The communications at the club should be and primarily is handled by the full time employees of the club; the manager, the general manager and the commercial manager. Unlike the BOD, they don't have other jobs and businesses to be worrying about.

The BOD want to 'chuck it' but no one suitable wants to buy them out. What do you suggest they do? Sell us to the first crook that roles up in Paisley? Thankfully they care too much about the club to do that.

​The only thing that is bizarre, is your defence of the BOD. Look, we are clearly never going to agree on this, so lets agree to disagree. You are obviously a good fan of our club and see our BOD in a different light than me. As for avoiding the members of the Board question, a quick Google and the answers appear. Answering your question on a forum, would necessarily mean I knew. But here it is anyway, for all those fans who don't know or care.

Club Directory
Boardroom

Chairman: Stewart G. Gilmour

Vice Chairman: George P. Campbell

Directors: Bryan McAusland, Allan W. Marshall

Director/Secretary: Chris Stewart

Administration & Marketing

Chief Executive Officer: Brian Caldwell

Commercial Manager: Campbell Kennedy

Office Administrator: Linda Roseman

Ticket Office Administrator: Lynn Watson

Communications & Media Officer: Norrie Jamieson

On the Pitch

Team Manager: Gary Teale

Assistant Manager: David Longwell

Goalkeeping Coach: Paul Mathers

Head of Youth Development: David Longwell

Off the Pitch

Club Doctors: Dr Angus McLean, Dr Gerry Canning and Dr David Wong

Physiotherapist: Gerry Docherty

Sports Therapist: Andy McKenzie

Youth Development Administrator: Fiona Leese

Street Football Co-ordinator: Stephen Gallacher

Community Coach: David Mackay.

Community Coach: Ross Paterson.

Head Groundsman: Tommy Docherty

Assistant Groundsman: Alan Michie.

Kit-Man: Alan Gray

Website

Webmaster: Kenny Pointon

Contents Editor: Norrie Jamieson

Programme

Editor: Norrie Jamieson

Website/Programme Contributors: Karin Pointon, Alan Gallacher, Stuart Gillespie, Campbell Kennedy, Colin Orr, Brian Corry, Holly McCormack, Colin Holmes, David Cochran, Phil Green, Ryan Goodwin, Wullie Bell, Daniel Morrow, Ross Paterson, David Mackay.

Photographers: Allan Picken, John Millar.

Official Club Online Links

Official Website: www.saintmirren.net

Official YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/StMirrenFootballClub

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Stmirrenfc

Twitter: www.twitter.com/saintmirrenfc

Under 20′s Twitter: www.twitter.com/u19stmirrenfc

St Mirren Academy Twitter: www.twitter.com/SaintsYouthAcad

Official Forum: www.saintmirren.net/forum

Online Ticket Shop: www.smfctickets.co.uk

The board as we all know want out have done for what is it 7 years. They have also said the club needs new ideas fresh enthusiasm. Get that sentence as its something most of us are saying also.

Yes mistakes have been made this season that will probably see us go down but ffs. This is the board to thank the fact you even have a club to support.

Allan Sugars book he said the biggest mistake in his life was running Spurs.

While I am as disappointed as the next fan regarding this season I don't forget what has been done to save the club. They the board are die hard supporters just like me and you. Me I make mistakes in my life also. Really glad you don't make any mistakes.

Bottom line is the club is up for sale but they cant force anyone to purchase the club. Before anyone jumps on the price is too high. The price is what they want to charge just Like when you sell your house or car.

Yeah, but over the last five years or so, who has been able to sell their house for the price they would like to get, and hoped to get, when they bought the place initially?

Yeah, but over the last five years or so, who has been able to sell their house for the price they would like to get, and hoped to get, when they bought the place initially?

Poz I understand the board wanted 2 million. That they were willing to sell for one point five million.

I don't mind dropping the price of say a house but we all have bottom lines , there is a deal and there is taking the piss.

Personally I don't see them dropping below 1.5 million Im sure they would rather ride the storm to get their return ( what they want )

Poz I understand the board wanted 2 million. That they were willing to sell for one point five million.

I don't mind dropping the price of say a house but we all have bottom lines , there is a deal and there is taking the piss.

Personally I don't see them dropping below 1.5 million Im sure they would rather ride the storm to get their return ( what they want )

Not so sure that they can just keep holding on, and on, hoping to get the price they want. Over five years already? Their situation is somewhat different from you or I selling our house, with an 'X' amount in mind we want to achieve. If we are selling our house, we need to buy a new place to live, so naturally we want to get top dollar.

They don't require 1.5 - 2 million to allow them to buy another football club. If no-one meets their asking price and five years turns to seven, turns to ten.... ?

The problem with holding on is that the value of the figure they wanted (2m) has been and will continue to be eroded by inflation. Bear in mind also that they have the continuing cost (albeit reduced, as we know) of running the club. They should have priced more sensibly at the beginning, or revised their expectations when it became clear it wasn't going to sell at their preferred price.

A non profit making business, and they wonder why no one wants to pay £2m, £1.5m , anything for it.

The only people who could possibly want to buy the club for any substantial amount of money and not be up to anything dodgy would be St Mirren fans imo.

Quite simply the club as a going concern is not worth anything like the valuation being placed on it.

That's a great point. How does anyone benefit from owning a football club like ours? It's largely a vanity project for anyone without a link to the club.

Making the best use of our great facilities to unearth the next few million pound teenagers would be a start. We currently dont have a strategy in place to make this happen.