10000 Hours - Re-Loaded?

Lord Pityme

If I am one of your 'screwballs' then I wear that badge with honour! I wont sit idly by and see any decent attempt to get a fan led bid up and running crash at the first hurdle because the media are taking the pish out of the bid because the guy who failed so many times before is pulling the strings.

The same guy who last time had agreed to give away the revenue generating streams to his pals before a fan got anywhere near the inner workings of 10k hours. He'll be at it again.

Bet is definitely off. Two posts in a row... and counting...

And pray tell what is inaccurate? And if you've got me on ignore why are you reading this?

P.s. I don't expect a reply as theres nowt inaccurate!

What is inaccurate? Richard pulling strings and all over a fan bid that doesn't even fcuking exist yet.

How's that for starters? Now do us a favour and change the record. It's stuck.

What is inaccurate? Richard pulling strings and all over a fan bid that doesn't even fcuking exist yet.

How's that for starters? Now do us a favour and change the record. It's stuck.

Is this serious? You do know everyone can read his posts on here dont you?

Still nothing inaccurate.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Is this serious? You do know everyone can read his posts on here dont you?

Still nothing inaccurate.

I've looked over REA's posts on this topic and I don't see anything to indicate he's all over it or pulling any strings, he's made 4 or 5 posts out of a total of 290 made on the topic and apart from an offer of passing on some of his experience on the 10000 hours bid and a suggestion of possible funding has nor indicated in the slightest that he wants to be involved in anyway.

I've looked over REA's posts on this topic and I don't see anything to indicate he's all over it or pulling any strings, he's made 4 or 5 posts out of a total of 290 made on the topic and apart from an offer of passing on some of his experience on the 10000 hours bid and a suggestion of possible funding has nor indicated in the slightest that he wants to be involved in anyway.

Then we must read posts and take different interpretations from them because if the only person on this thread organising a meeting isn't somehow getting himself all over it I don't know what is?

If I am one of your 'screwballs' then I wear that badge with honour! I wont sit idly by and see any decent attempt to get a fan led bid up and running crash at the first hurdle because the media are taking the pish out of the bid because the guy who failed so many times before is pulling the strings.

The same guy who last time had agreed to give away the revenue generating streams to his pals before a fan got anywhere near the inner workings of 10k hours. He'll be at it again.

'Fan Led'... yes!

'FanBoy Led'.... Nae chance!

As many have pointed out, I see no evidence that Richard is pulling any strings. And, as others have also pointed out, it would be a worthwhile conversation to have with him to learn from mistakes made in the last bid, etc. You don't have to take his advice on board.

Don't really get your link to Tommy Craig. Nobody is advocating Richard joining a bid, just like I bet nobody says Tommy should come back. But you frequently hear new managers coming in to a job and mention they have spoken to the previous incumbent. Again, you can glean stuff from them, or you can ignore. But if you can pick up one thing to use to your advantage then it's been worthwhile.

The only accurate assumption is that you are suffering from some kind of paranoid delusion. Give it a rest and move on.

Is that your best, I am assuming you are an adult, if so if you fundamentally disagree with me then why not just not bother responding? Frankly the abuse on here from the same posters that launched a hate campaign during 10000 hours is bewildering. What are they trying to hide? If nothing why so abusive to anyone who asks questions, highlights important issues that will derail a fan bid?

I can just see Graeme McPherson's next piece in the Herald.... 'Atkinson to Beat Sinatra on Comebacks'... A lot of valuable time and. Effort will be wasted having to make excuses to the the media that Richard isn't really involved he' s just a consultant thats organising the meetings, funding, IT Back office etc... Etc...

As many have pointed out, I see no evidence that Richard is pulling any strings. And, as others have also pointed out, it would be a worthwhile conversation to have with him to learn from mistakes made in the last bid, etc. You don't have to take his advice on board.

Don't really get your link to Tommy Craig. Nobody is advocating Richard joining a bid, just like I bet nobody says Tommy should come back. But you frequently hear new managers coming in to a job and mention they have spoken to the previous incumbent. Again, you can glean stuff from them, or you can ignore. But if you can pick up one thing to use to your advantage then it's been worthwhile.

'Many'..? You mean three surely!

Then we agree Tommy should be consulted on how to get us into a playoff spot as GT can glean useful information off someone who actually has his coaching badges and done the job. Don't know what badges of success Richard has regarding fan ownership as none of the clubs he's mentioned including ours are owned by their fans..!

Poz. I agree. I'm fed up with the Shuggie Murray one with the 'present' taped over with his leaving year written in.

After the boards went up, the first thing that needed changed on them was when Hugh Murray left the club. To avoid the cost involved in stripping the existing metal panel, and completely re-printing and mounting a new one just to replace the word 'present', I called the company who produced them and asked them to run off a small self-adhesive print with Shuggie's years at the club on it. I went down one day and Tommy Doc' looked out some ladders and we updated Shuggie's entry using the sticky patch. I am reasonably confident that if I hadn't done it, Shuggie's panel would be incorrect to this day, and would still be showing that he was with the club to the 'present day'.

Saved a fair bit of cash on a whole new panel for one wee word. Service Graphics didn't charge anything for the self-adhesive patch.

Edited by pozbaird

there's a fair bit of pontificating going on from both sides of the REA fence here which is distracting the focus on us all finding a suitable group of individuals to spearhead the exploration of a fans buy out of the club.

We need a vehicle that has credibility amongst the wider support that should not & will not be cause for raising concern of self interest. SMISA is the obvious choice for me with The Fans Council {IMHO} being the only other potential vehicle to try delivering fan ownership of St Mirren.

I would prefer to see SMISA pull this together.

Whichever route is taken, it needs to be embarked on now {sorry Poz, if we wait for the current BoD to make the 1st move, we'll be waiting a long long time}.

It would be foolish not to pick the bones of the 10000 hours bid for learning and also the gleaning of whatever useful information we can from REA, whilst he is willing to share it.

REA could have kept schtoom or worse still said "nah, you are on your own" as he has taken quite a bit of flak then & now.

I genuinely believe we would be foolish to completely ignore a valuable resource the advice from REA could be.

I was never convinced of the 10000 proposal and remained unconvinced of having a Board that answered to a Board who could be veto'd by a board {or something like that}.

You can count on me paying a specified monthly DD & I can be relied upon to continue paying it until such time as a Fans buyout was complete & the DD's were no longer required.

Looking forward to a very prosperous future for St Mirren if a fans buyout gets off the ground.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

After the boards went up, the first thing that needed changed on them was when Hugh Murray left the club. To avoid the cost involved in stripping the existing metal panel, and completely re-printing and mounting a new one just to replace the word 'present', I called the company who produced them and asked them to run off a small self-adhesive print with Shuggie's years at the club on it. I went down one day and Tommy Doc' looked out some ladders and we updated Shuggie's entry using the sticky patch. I am reasonably confident that if I hadn't done it, Shuggie's panel would be incorrect to this day, and would still be showing that he was with the club to the 'present day'.

Saved a fair bit of cash on a whole new panel for one wee word. Service Graphics didn't charge anything for the self-adhesive patch.

It was a decent short term solution....and I agree, would still say 'present' if you hadn't done anything!

Whichever route is taken, it needs to be embarked on now {sorry Poz, if we wait for the current BoD to make the 1st move, we'll be waiting a long long time}

Someone is selling a car and parks it with a cardboard sign in the window saying 'For Sale'. Great. You drive past and there's no phone number, no MOT basic detail, no contact number. Before you even think about buying that car you need the seller to give you a bit more than 'For Sale'.

In this instance, only the selling consortium truly know how much GLS bid totalled, and why they knocked him back. Only the selling consortium know how much they are now willing to accept as we stand in 2015 after no-one has came forward. Only the selling consortium know if they will also accept payment in installments, or indeed if they would sell to supporters at all. They have maintained all along they want to sell to the 'right people'.

Are supporters going to be 'the right people'? No-one has put themselves forward to be the 'new REA', much less take on the mantle of 'new SG'. SMiSA aren't putting themselves forward. The fan council are silent. A reasonably high-profile fan like Div was so scunnered by many aspects of 10000hours involvement he has publicly stated he wants no part of sitting in a club blazer or being on a board.

I agree, if there's any mileage in the fan ownership plan, a route needs to be undertaken sooner rather than later, but I don't see where the need is for fans to be jumping into the complete unknown this week or next. The club has been on sale for years. Until the selling consortium give us a clue where they are at in regard to the basics such as asking price, payment terms, ownership model and so on, then all we have is a cardboard sign hanging on the stadium front door saying 'For Sale'.

Edited by pozbaird

pozbaird.Clearly there are a good number of fans willing to go ahead.I certainly put some figures together earlier and Richard stated his willingness to offer his expertise as did Div on the IT front.What we have to do now is show some patience given that Div has stated there will be a Meeting with the Consortium within the next week.I am hoping for some positive response as I am sure many others are.

Someone is selling a car and parks it with a cardboard sign in the window saying 'For Sale'. Great. You drive past and there's no phone number, no MOT basic detail, no contact number. Before you even think about buying that car you need the seller to give you a bit more than 'For Sale'.

Poz,

I do not disagree with you, however, the current BoD have a reputation for taking their time and like you suggest, we will be waiting a long long time for them to make a move. Therefore, we need to chap their door.

If I walked past a car with a For Sale sign & nowt else on it but I fancied buying it, I'd seek out the owner to ask "how much?" then I would start thinking if it was affordable & then, how was I going to pay for it.

If it was for a Ford or a Vauxhall or a Nissan, I'd probably walk on by but if we were talking about a Lamborghini {& we are}, I'd be hunting down the owner if I really wanted to buy it. But that is me.

I live in Essex

I work as a nurse {ward manager in Neuro}

I coach 2 Under 11 teams for Romford FC.

If that is of any use to a group in getting the exploration of a fan purchase of St Mirren going, drop me a PM.

Unfortunately, the distance will limit my input/attendance but as someone said somewhere earlier, folk have got to start sticking their heads above the parapet.

If it is of no use, I am looking forward to seeing those who can drive this. Soon :-)

Edited by Kombi Buddie

Kombi - St Mirren, particularly in it's current state is no Lamborghini. We can see that because those businessmen of sane mind who have seen the ad have been walking on by now for the last five years. The consortium claim that there's been interest but it sounds like most of them were just tyre kickers.

There's an enthusiasm, and an eagerness apparent from some on this forum and that's great, but it also comes across as being more than a tad naive as well. Would the same people enter into contract negotiations with football agents in the same manner? The consortium have maybe made the first move with Gilmour telling Div that they would be willing to consider a fan buyout. Divs posted it on here and there's interest from fans. I'd say now that it's for the consortium to play the next card - which really needs to detail exactly what percentage of the clubs shares are on offer, at what price and on what terms. Without that information it's just a bunch of supporters suffering from premature manipulation. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

In this instance, only the selling consortium truly know how much GLS bid totalled, and why they knocked him back. Only the selling consortium know how much they are now willing to accept as we stand in 2015 after no-one has came forward. Only the selling consortium know if they will also accept payment in installments, or indeed if they would sell to supporters at all. They have maintained all along they want to sell to the 'right people'.

Are supporters going to be 'the right people'? No-one has put themselves forward to be the 'new REA', much less take on the mantle of 'new SG'. SMiSA aren't putting themselves forward. The fan council are silent. A reasonably high-profile fan like Div was so scunnered by many aspects of 10000hours involvement he has publicly stated he wants no part of sitting in a club blazer or being on a board.

I agree, if there's any mileage in the fan ownership plan, a route needs to be undertaken sooner rather than later, but I don't see where the need is for fans to be jumping into the complete unknown this week or next. The club has been on sale for years. Until the selling consortium give us a clue where they are at in regard to the basics such as asking price, payment terms, ownership model and so on, then all we have is a cardboard sign hanging on the stadium front door saying 'For Sale'.

I agree whole heartedly with all the above! (Hope you didn't bump your heid when fainting there).

Theres no chance of selling the club to anyone willing to run it as the board would wish, so now its back to what I said and was roundly abused for way, way back during the last fiasco. The sellers now need to look towards leaving a legacy! They need to approach us and detail much of what you say above, they need to come out and say that THEY will facilitate a transition to fan ownership, and set up a working party that comprises all the fan groups as well as themselves to thrash out how it will be achieved. Then its over to us to get every buddie in the burgh to sign up!

My starter for ten would be to run the campaign as "GOAL 1877" that being we need an absolute minimum of 1877 pledges of the appropriate monthly DD amount to ensure the selling fee is met, as well as signing up as many juniors, Granny's, Granda's etc for a fiver a year or whatever. We should have a time limited campaign like "Summer Saints" for any and everybody to run their raffles, quiz nights, discos, golf days etc to pile cash into the "GOAL 1877" coffers .

This will take best part of a year from start to get to the point a democratically elected board of fan reps can start to run the clubs affairs, but in the short to medium term a small group that can/have the time and inclination can be working within the club to push this on, learn, gain experience, and keep the support fully briefed on progress against the project plan.... hell even I would listen to Richard if this was the game in town.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Kombi - St Mirren, particularly in it's current state is no Lamborghini. We can see that because those businessmen of sane mind who have seen the ad have been walking on by now for the last five years. The consortium claim that there's been interest but it sounds like most of them were just tyre kickers.

There's an enthusiasm, and an eagerness apparent from some on this forum and that's great, but it also comes across as being more than a tad naive as well. Would the same people enter into contract negotiations with football agents in the same manner? The consortium have maybe made the first move with Gilmour telling Div that they would be willing to consider a fan buyout. Divs posted it on here and there's interest from fans. I'd say now that it's for the consortium to play the next card - which really needs to detail exactly what percentage of the clubs shares are on offer, at what price and on what terms. Without that information it's just a bunch of supporters suffering from premature manipulation. rolleyes.gif

Stuart, it's a Lambo to me.

I really don't care who should make the next move, I tend to veer on the proactive side of things & will go chap a door if I think they someone is taking too long to come to me.

Here's hoping for something to happen in the very near future.

Hope all is well with you.

G..

I agree whole heartedly with all the above! (Hope you didn't bump your heid when fainting there).

Theres no chance of selling the club to anyone willing to run it as the board would wish, so now its back to what I said and was roundly abused for way, way back during the last fiasco. The sellers now need to look towards leaving a legacy! They need to approach us and detail much of what you say above, they need to come out and say that THEY will facilitate a transition to fan ownership, and set up a working party that comprises all the fan groups as well as themselves to thrash out how it will be achieved. Then its over to us to get every buddie in the burgh to sign up!

My starter for ten would be to run the campaign as "GOAL 1877" that being we need an absolute minimum of 1877 pledges of the appropriate monthly DD amount to ensure the selling fee is met, as well as signing up as many juniors, Granny's, Granda's etc for a fiver a year or whatever. We should have a time limited campaign like "Summer Saints" for any and everybody to run their raffles, quiz nights, discos, golf days etc to pile cash into the "GOAL 1877" coffers .

This will take best part of a year from start to get to the point a democratically elected board of fan reps can start to run the clubs affairs, but in the short to medium term a small group that can/have the time and inclination can be working within the club to push this on, learn, gain experience, and keep the support fully briefed on progress against the project plan.... hell even I would listen to Richard if this was the game in town.

Any thoughts?

See, you can play nice! ;-)

Exactly my thoughts!

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are the same as StuDick... ('Premature manipulation' is a belter by the way)... Selling consortium own the majority shareholding, they control a dedicated club website and hold the keys to their very own stadium with a corporate suite...

Get this meeting set up to set wheels in motion. Everyone will have a better idea where we are after that.