Terry Butcher

class of 76-77

Butcher would have been a great manager to rebuild the team and get us back in the top flight.

Why we are fannying about with Teale as manager when its clear he won't be in charge next season only the board know.

Butcher may well have been able to keep us up if appointed in December, im not sure. Jimmy Calderwood without a doubt would have got us to at least 10th place. The board however seem to see something in inexperienced managers that nobody else does. And that's why we are shit.

Butcher would have been a great manager to rebuild the team and get us back in the top flight.

Why we are fannying about with Teale as manager when its clear he won't be in charge next season only the board know.

Butcher may well have been able to keep us up if appointed in December, im not sure. Jimmy Calderwood without a doubt would have got us to at least 10th place. The board however seem to see something in inexperienced managers that nobody else does. And that's why we are shit.

how is it clear ? Let's see what the rest of the games brings. If we perform like we did against Killie then we don't need to look any further than Mr Teale

FFS. We need an experienced manager & a clear out of the squad. Not another assistant being promoted and further stagnation.

One victory over a team who seem to have already gone on their summer holidays does not change that. Look at the league table!

how is it clear ? Let's see what the rest of the games brings. If we perform like we did against Killie then we don't need to look any further than Mr Teale

Think its more to do with the way we didn't perform against the Fakes, Well and County all must win games. For 0 against 10. As I have said Gary has not been reason we are where we are, but he has not moved team about and Well was unforgivable with Arquin as lone cough cough stricker.

Bit of vision please BOD , going to be a tough gig next season

Mr Teale has had too many games where substitutions and positional play were poor, I hope we do get a result tomorrow and i also hope we get a new manager next season

An opportunity missed!

Don't think so. Butcher has been quoted in several interviews since being sacked by Hibs that he was "finished with Scottish Football". While I'm sure the Blue Bigots jobs would have had him on the first train from Suffolk he's been very critical of the perilous state of the SPFL, it's finances (or lack of therm) and the people who run the game so I don't think we could have attracted him back north of the border.

Don't think so. Butcher has been quoted in several interviews since being sacked by Hibs that he was "finished with Scottish Football". While I'm sure the Blue Bigots jobs would have had him on the first train from Suffolk he's been very critical of the perilous state of the SPFL, it's finances (or lack of therm) and the people who run the game so I don't think we could have attracted him back north of the border.

Spot on, Butcher was never coming to us.

The truth is Mr Gilmour knew Butcher would never have been a tenable selection as Saints manager.

He was aware that if Butcher arrived, I'd never be back.

Good choice, Stu. smile.png

Don't worry you wouldn't HAVE been missed, who are you?clap.gif

Edited by ged62

Pay them.... And they will come!

Due as much to our own lack of ambition as anything else.

Yes, add to that matters fiscal and consider for instance that Burnley FC now dwarf ra Sellic in monetary terms it's not difficult to see that ST Mirren and more generally Scottish football is heading in one direction ............for Tumbleweed central

Newport is Butchers level now, sadly we are waaaaaaaay below Newport , we are a Northampton or Shrewsbury or Exeter type club in the scheme of things in UK football terms.

You say we are way below Newport, then you list teams that we are level with... One of whom is above Newport in the league and been promoted, and the other 2 just behind them :lol:

The truth is we and the rest of the bottom 6 have budgets roughly on a par with League 2 clubs in England. No shame in that, our crowds are roughly the same as theirs.

You say we are way below Newport, then you list teams that we are level with... One of whom is above Newport in the league and been promoted, and the other 2 just behind them :lol:

The truth is we and the rest of the bottom 6 have budgets roughly on a par with League 2 clubs in England. No shame in that, our crowds are roughly the same as theirs.

Allowing for diddy rise and fall in the bottom of the English tier ,fine, not that tuned to it, but it's all relative, we are on that par, just sayin like, for expectation setting , perspective and all that.

Should have known better than to glibly list diddy teams in England, always a smart arse on here ready to ride home the pedant bonus point.

Have it.........

A graceful concession. :rolleyes:

Hmm, aye well it's erm , admirable that some folk deem it relevant or manage to have the time and drive in fact to troll the fourth tier of English fitba in order to try and suck in some kudos from a totally irrelevant statistic.

Then again , St Mirren are shite and the close season is upon us, so expect nothing more I suppose.

Indeed, a quite shite state of affairs.