Is Sgg's Position Still Tenable?

I've always argued that football f.giohkare just customers. ?

I

,F,ffzzf#fďfg vxv vvxxg xvvvvvv (t,

Hcuuuu7j7%tbd west w(2t

Utter bollocks!

Everybody knows that tuyuihjlm;, 23 uytfvbcn.q3/;@509 lW03;RO.

-09r43wukrhejvnm/'w3[epvbn kjweiutirinbjAEF.

Erm...co-codomol is clearly more potent than whisky. I also sent my boss a similar email this evening. I'll try again tomorrow

You must be on co-codomal permanently given the steaming piles of shite you constantly post. Either that or you have an innate talent in the field of imbecility.

Stuart Dickson, on 15 May 2015 - 00:38, said:snapback.png

Erm...co-codomol is clearly more potent than whisky. I also sent my boss a similar email this evening. I'll try again tomorrow

More to the point......

Is StuD's position still tenable!

Sacked in the morning…… He’s getting sacked in the morning!

Just Kidding!whistling.giflol.gif

Edited by stlucifer

No they do invest, how else is the club funded? Board members don't invest, they buy shares from previous owners, their investment does not go into the club, but a fans ST does. Why is this so hard to accept? Is it because it actually means saints fans put the most into the club for no return and blows your argument out of the water?

You have this, and don't get me wrong - it's hilarious, completely the wrong way round.

Fans are buying a product.

People who buy shares are investing in the business itself.

The investment carries a risk that their share price will drop and they won't recover their money.

A team dropping to the Championship for example.

Investing in a business does NOT necessarily mean handing over money for the day to day running of that business.

That is a separate thing altogether. The business MUST be doing that for itself or it isn't sustainable.

What our current board have done financially is no different from you buying shares in a bank and then watching that investment increase or decrease due to the share price going up or down.

I know you are deluded but FFS show some basic understanding of business before you slate others.

Edited by oaksoft

What I was trying to say yesterday before the co-codomol got to me was that it's not really Lord Pityme's fault that he's got this the wrong way round. It's all this rhetoric that players, managers and directors like to come away with about how the club belongs to the fans, how important the fans are, and how they are just custodians of the club - whilst trying to flog off their shares at hugely inflated prices.

It's time "fans" started to act in their correct role as customers. For example if you purchased your season ticket in previous years on the basis of a letter from the Chairman promising a good season with the club progressing to a top six place, you should be contacting the club demanding a refund because the product you paid for was not fit for purpose. If the Chairman and a fellow board member make disparaging comments at the business AGM about customers of the club being "Keyboard Warriers" and "Knicker Wetters" then realise there is no harm in taking your business elsewhere to a sporting venue where you custom may be better appreciated. And if the product appears overpriced and poor value for money don't pay it. Perhaps if "football fans" started behaving like the customers and consumers that they are then the likes of Gilmour, Doncaster, Milne, Brown, Thompson etc would stop treating us all like mugs and the sport in this country could start to make some progress.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

What I was trying to say yesterday before the co-codomol got to me was that it's not really Lord Pityme's fault that he's got this the wrong way round. It's all this rhetoric that players, managers and directors like to come away with about how the club belongs to the fans, how important the fans are, and how they are just custodians of the club - whilst trying to flog off their shares at hugely inflated prices.

It's time "fans" started to act in their correct role as customers. For example if you purchased your season ticket in previous years on the basis of a letter from the Chairman promising a good season with the club progressing to a top six place, you should be contacting the club demanding a refund because the product you paid for was not fit for purpose. If the Chairman and a fellow board member make disparaging comments at the business AGM about customers of the club being "Keyboard Warriers" and "Knicker Wetters" then realise there is no harm in taking your business elsewhere to a sporting venue where you custom may be better appreciated. And if the product appears overpriced and poor value for money don't pay it. Perhaps if "football fans" started behaving like the customers and consumers that they are then the likes of Gilmour, Doncaster, Milne, Brown, Thompson etc would stop treating us all like mugs and the sport in this country could start to make some progress.

If there is one thing that's going to get the fans behind the board its your posts full of dribble. We don't get a letter telling us how good the product is going to be.

You might see St Mirren as a commodity simply because you don't know if you support St Mirren or not though we know different Stuart.

The decisions that have brought a series of unmitigated disasters to our club over managerial appointments, being almost sold, then not, selling key players at the last minute leaving the side bereft of hope, the decisions they refused to make, the decisions they dithered over.... Are our club chairman and board's positions still tenable?

What business leaders could survive the cost and reputation implications our chairman and board members have visited upon the the club?

The old line.... 'We saved the club' rings hollow when you think every fan who bought a share, season or match ticket since then has put far more into the club, and we can't put up that goodwill and investment for sale to get our money back!

Given the example every political leader of a losing party has set by taking responsibility and falling on their sword, shouldn't those who have presided over a longer more damaging scenario at St Mirren Park follow suit? They have told us for years they are tired and want out, so why not make it happen for the sake of the club. Please don't give me the line their is no one within the support or local community who has the skill set to takeover, as the current board hadn't run a football club before their current experience.

I don't doubt for one minute they love the club, or indeed that the make the decisions that they believe are the right ones. The problem is and has been since the club was put up for sale, they continue to make decisions based on the short term in the hope a buyer will sweep in and relieve them of their burden. To me and others it looks like running the club has become a burden on them, this is evidenced by a continued series of attacks/digs at the support... The only people who continue to and will going forward, finance the club!

I call on the Chairman and board to Work with the support, Smisa etc and facilitate an orderly handover to a new team full of drive, ideas and direction. Come to an agreement over sale of the shares, but please consider if you genuinely feel up to a fight next season like no other to get the club back to where we should be. If not make the change happen.

We will still have a problem. We either need an owner/consortium with A) Deep Pockets B) PROVEN experience in being able to bring and raise revenue C) Both At the end of the day, If we dont have someone who can fund the club, effectively manage the cashflow and control debt, we will still in a similar situation or if things slide more, we would really be in the shit