Cup Winners

I certainly hope we have Thompson if fit. Goodwin is a no brainier you can't buy his leadership skills for the championship in my opinion . Teale I don't know maybe a good number 2 as in assistant manager .

Teale's already been number 2, and that was after he took over from TC..biggrin.png

In all honesty would love to see McGinn stay but doubt it, I think we also need Goody for

the championship, as for Thommo I hope I'm wrong and he's fit but got the feeling he'll

hang the boots up after this season.

Edited by Culloden-Bud

Said it before will say it again. McGinn will be here unless someone wants to pay 300k+ for him or he wants to go abroad. So yeah, I don't think any of those will happen so I think he will be here.

I think Thommo is finally getting back to fitness now. We scored 4 against Kilmarnock and 2 against County, 6 goals. Thommo scored 3 of them and played a vital role in another, his pass to Morgan in the lead up to the penalty in Dingwall was superb too. I think we should offer him another deal in the summer.

Thommo could run amok next Season. A Twiggy version of Yardley.

Could score a record amount of goals in a Season for himself.

Decent Manager and a fit Thommo and we will get promoted.

Said it before will say it again. McGinn will be here unless someone wants to pay 300k+ for him or he wants to go abroad. So yeah, I don't think any of those will happen so I think he will be here.

I think Thommo is finally getting back to fitness now. We scored 4 against Kilmarnock and 2 against County, 6 goals. Thommo scored 3 of them and played a vital role in another, his pass to Morgan in the lead up to the penalty in Dingwall was superb too. I think we should offer him another deal in the summer.

I admire your positivity mate, you know I do, but three goals from the penalty spot is not evidence of improving fitness.

Of course, imagine if we signed a big ugly CH, kept McGinn, (maybe Goodwin) and Thommo... there's a hell of a spine there for the Championship.

I admire your positivity mate, you know I do, but three goals from the penalty spot is not evidence of improving fitness.

Of course, imagine if we signed a big ugly CH, kept McGinn, (maybe Goodwin) and Thommo... there's a hell of a spine there for the Championship.

He's looked fitter too. His pass in the lead up to Sadliers goal against Killie was excellent. We really missed his link up play as well as his goals all season. I think a fit Steven Thompson playing week in week out would get 15+ goals for us next year.

I guess Goodwin is gone but I hope and think Thommo and McGinn will stay.

He also put in a great pass on Saturday to help win the penalty.

Had Thommo not passed on penalty kick duties since he missed against Dungfermline back in 2011 I reckon he might have broken into the top 20 St Mirren goalscorers.

http://www.stmirren.info/id406.html

His penalties do not fill me full of confidence but at least he is taking responsibility and taking them.

He's looked fitter too. His pass in the lead up to Sadliers goal against Killie was excellent. We really missed his link up play as well as his goals all season. I think a fit Steven Thompson playing week in week out would get 15+ goals for us next year.

I guess Goodwin is gone but I hope and think Thommo and McGinn will stay.

Does Goodwins 2 year deal, signed last summer as part of his coaching role no longer apply?

I can't help but feel its time they all move on .

Goodwin has caused us far more points this season than helped us win.

Thomo has been hampered with injuries , which now seem to have taken their toll .

I do feel there's still a place for McGinn , but only if has attitude is right .

We should be using relegation as fresh start .

He may have calmed down , it's just a pity his legs have gone and now dosn't seem to have any positional sence .

For me , he's been one of the biggest culprits in what has been our worst season in years .

Time to go i'm afraid .

Thommo said in the paper yesterday he wants to play on next season and wants to play for St Mirren. But, if we don't want him he will sign for another club.

Jeezo, surely we should make sure we get him onboard ASAP?

Get a new manager in and get Steven Thompson signed to play for St Mirren next season.

It is an absolute no brainer as far a I am concerned.

maybe put someone else on the penalties mind you!

I can't help but feel its time they all move on .

Goodwin has caused us far more points this season than helped us win.

Thomo has been hampered with injuries , which now seem to have taken their toll .

I do feel there's still a place for McGinn , but only if has attitude is right .

We should be using relegation as fresh start .

A good target man for Thommo.

I'm not sure about Thompson. His recent injury issues don't bode well for a player in his late 30s. If he were to stay, I would also worry that, like this season, there would be a notion to 'build the team' round him. Craig monumentally f**ked up on that count - not so much in that he shouldn't have hoped that Thommo would stay free of injury and could do the business, but more in terms of the standard of understudy he brought in.

If Thompson were willing to consider a pay as you play deal, and we have a manager in who has no baggage whatsoever with the club come in, then it might work. Otherwise, I think it would be best for all parties to move on.

A lot of important decisions to make in the coming weeks. Let's hope the decision making acumen has moved on a bit from last summer and beyond....

Edited by Drew