Strikers? Lack Of?

They finished second in the league to a very good Hearts team. I don't think that they were all that bad.

How many points were they behind Hearts exactly? They had a similar budget to Hearts and they couldn't even get near them and the league was over by Christmas.

Due to that their 3 defining games were the Scottish Cup semi against Falkirk and the two legged playoff against the new club. They shat it and rolled over in all 3.

If they don't start well this season the knives will be out for Stubbs, and no wonder.

How many points were they behind Hearts exactly? They had a similar budget to Hearts and they couldn't even get near them and the league was over by Christmas.

Due to that their 3 defining games were the Scottish Cup semi against Falkirk and the two legged playoff against the new club. They shat it and rolled over in all 3.

If they don't start well this season the knives will be out for Stubbs, and no wonder.

We will do well to finish second this season. If it's all about budgets why didn't the team with the biggest budget win the league?

Do you think we should/will finish above Rangers and Hibs this season?

At least they got to a semi final. As for rolling over I think that they were unlucky in all of the games you mentioned.

We will do well to finish second this season. If it's all about budgets why didn't the team with the biggest budget win the league?

Do you think we should/will finish above Rangers and Hibs this season?

At least they got to a semi final. As for rolling over I think that they were unlucky in all of the games you mentioned.

We will do well to finish second this season.

The new club are a laughing stock on and off the park and had two hopeless managers, that's why they never won the league.

I don't think we should finish above them. I do think we could finish above them as they're absolutely hopeless. We've finished above them 3 seasons out the last 4 afterall.

Hibs never beat a top from the top flight side en route to the semi, I think even we'd have made it had we had their draw: Away to Alloa, home to Arbroath in the last 16 and home to Berwick in the quarters then lose to the first full time team they played in Falkirk in the semis.

Unlucky? They scored 1 goal in those 3 games, and that goal was in stoppage time when it was too late. Hardly unlucky, just shite. I hope they keep as much of last seasons team as possible.

We will do well to finish second this season.

The new club are a laughing stock on and off the park and had two hopeless managers, that's why they never won the league.

I don't think we should finish above them. I do think we could finish above them as they're absolutely hopeless. We've finished above them 3 seasons out the last 4 afterall.

Hibs never beat a top from the top flight side en route to the semi, I think even we'd have made it had we had their draw: Away to Alloa, home to Arbroath in the last 16 and home to Berwick in the quarters then lose to the first full time team they played in Falkirk in the semis.

Unlucky? They scored 1 goal in those 3 games, and that goal was in stoppage time when it was too late. Hardly unlucky, just shite. I hope they keep as much of last seasons team as possible.

They did beat Rangers 4-0 and 3-0.

Hardly hopeless.

But lost to them when it mattered.

Also, did you see Rangers last season?

They were hopeless too :lol:

Actually I didn't see them, however I sure saw us and we were hopeless but you said we would be fine. Your judgement is questionable to say the least.

Actually I didn't see them, however I sure saw us and we were hopeless but you said we would be fine. Your judgement is questionable to say the least.

You should have seen them in the playoff final. Hopeless doesn't quite cover it. Humped home and away by a shite Motherwell team.

That's the thing about football, it's really hard to predict. If I could remember any of your predictions I'd be sure to bring them up, I don't though. I'm flattered you remember mine though.

I'm not making any predictions here. I'm simply pointing out Hibs are shite and them keeping the nucleus of last seasons side would be beneficial for the rest of the league, us included.

• 1 month later...

Will write I am quitly confident we will be around the play off spot as long as Jim Goodwin is a big part of the team. There as some really good young players in this team we look 100% more organised play better football than last season. Pundits are going on about Rangers and Hibs forgetting everyone else in the league . Came away from yesterday's game a happy man after the terrible team of last season. Murray is inpressing me.

Will write I am quitly confident we will be around the play off spot as long as Jim Goodwin is a big part of the team. There as some really good young players in this team we look 100% more organised play better football than last season. Pundits are going on about Rangers and Hibs forgetting everyone else in the league . Came away from yesterday's game a happy man after the terrible team of last season. Murray is inpressing me.

FFS, it was one game against Berwick!

Last season, on the rare occasion we won a game, you were hailing the manager!

:P

With the injury prone Gow and Thommo isolated and slower than a week in the jail wouldnt it be great to sign a fast, powerful striker that has an 'Isma' style debut goal in a memorable opeing day win at Ibrox ? Please Mr Murray we only have a week. Oh and here's hoping Jack Baird and Howison stop Miller, Waghorn, Templeton and co.

Yes I too was very impressed yesterday.Some terrific passing movements.Evident however we need more cover viz: goalkeeper experienced central defender and strikers.However I heard Murray's pre match interview when he confirmed he expects to sign another four or five players.All very promising.

4 or 5 players would be ideal before next Saturday.

ps It does seem like a long time since we signed John Sutton and Charlie Adam on transfer deadline day

4 or 5 players would be ideal before next Saturday.

ps It does seem like a long time since we signed John Sutton and Charlie Adam on transfer deadline day

a couple of signing coups in that cat wld do just fine :D