St Mirren Signing Tactic

It seems pretty obvious, as others have alluded to, that Murray is of the opinion that some Dumbarton players might make the grade at Saints. However, he also feels that it would be almost impossible to persuade them to give up their extremely well paid, secure jobs plus their P/T wages, for a two year contract, at potentially lower wages.

I suppose it's a bit like Tom Hendry taking a risk by giving up a secure job as a PT maths, for a two year contract, albeit much better paid, with Saints.

As we all know, he was eventually relieved of his duties and had to go back to the financial uncertainty of supply teaching.

Seems quite straightforward; unless of course you're fomenting some sort of pathetic campaign against our new manager.

Edited by FTOF

Lord Pity us all, having to read your mundain drones about Dumbartons signings! This thread is a disgrace! We have a new manager at the club, it should be an exciting time for us all. Just like the rest of us he is entitled to his holidays, which would have been ok'd by our board. On his return I am sure he will get on with the job in hand, and I for one will give him my support.

I hope to God Ian Murray never takes an extended lunch break, as I couldn't cope with that thread!!! St.Mirren need our support now more than ever, but I suppose its easier to slag off , complain and be negitive! The future of our club lies with Ian Murray, his new signings and the supporters, so lets get on with it. COYS.

His new signings? Pray tell....

It seems pretty obvious, as others have alluded to, that Murray is of the opinion that some Dumbarton players might make the grade at Saints. However, he also feels that it would be almost impossible to persuade them to give up their extremely well paid, secure jobs plus their P/T wages, for a two year contract, at potentially lower wages.

I suppose it's a bit like Tom Hendry taking a risk by giving up a secure job as a PT maths, for a two year contract, albeit much better paid, with Saints.

As we all know, he was eventually relieved of his duties and had to go back to the financial uncertainty of supply teaching.

Seems quite straightforward; unless of course you're fomenting some sort of pathetic campaign against our new manager.

Most teachers are vastly overpaid cocks anyway. flipa.gif

Well, since you have asked Linwood, I have a few questions. We are a full-time club and as such our entire coaching setup (schedule and staff) and match prep is based around day time activity.

. When are the Part-Time players going to train with the squad?

. When are the Part-Time players going to be coached on their game?

. When are the Part-Time players going to be educated in the tactics for an upcoming match?

Thanks in advance.

Big Doug Somner managed it and he was the best striker in Scotland at the time

He was a civil servant by day and a centre forward at nights and weekends