New Kit Spoiler Alert

Really we need to get this sorted. It starts by St.mirren selling the shirts from.the club shop. This is a basic sell that is available at most clubs. If this deal doesn't get renewed then phone aca sports or psl football and order a black and white striped adidas kit and have the same deal as motherwell, Raithby,Dundee, Aberdeen, who pick a strip and stick a badge on it. Let's be honest what wee guy really wants to run about in a cabrini strip? I mean it is pretty pish when you see other small teams with top quality kit.

Really we need to get this sorted. It starts by St.mirren selling the shirts from.the club shop. This is a basic sell that is available at most clubs. If this deal doesn't get renewed then phone aca sports or psl football and order a black and white striped adidas kit and have the same deal as motherwell, Raithby,Dundee, Aberdeen, who pick a strip and stick a badge on it. Let's be honest what wee guy really wants to run about in a cabrini strip? I mean it is pretty pish when you see other small teams with top quality kit.

Haha just because it's a "brand" doesn't mean it's better quality.

In my childhood I couldn't give a toss who made the kit. In fact, now looking back, I love the fact we had strips made by Spall, Secca, Matchwinner and Bukta.

In my childhood I couldn't give a toss who made the kit. In fact, now looking back, I love the fact we had strips made by Spall, Secca, Matchwinner and Bukta.

I think Spall, Secca and Bukta are three of Ian Murray's five signing targets.

Indeed, they are all made in the same sweat shops in the far east, I doubt the quality control differs much to be honest.

The major bonus in the JD deal is the ability for a small club like us to have a completely bespoke design. We can literally have anything we want, as was borne out by last years monstrosities.

That sort of bespoke design ability is usually restricted to the big clubs who will sell tens or hundreds of thousands of strips.

JD are also generaous with sponsorship in and around the stadium and the deal also includes a raft of training kit for all the many teams in the club. It's a big deal for St.Mirren, and it's one we wouldn't get if we went to a smaller provider.

Of course the flip side is with a smaller provider we would be able to buy our kits in the stadium shop, we would hopefully have all sizes available on launch day and the sizes would be spot on.

There should be a balance here. JD are one of the biggest retailers in the country, we should really expect them to be on the ball with kit launch, stock, sizes and general fulfilment. I don't think that's a lot to ask.

If the one caveat we had to put up with was that we couldn't buy the kit from the stadium shop then I am sure we could all live with that, assuming the design was a belter, the sizes were all available, there was a good online ordering system (the website IS very quick at delivering) and the shirts actually fitted.

The issue comes down to risk. Under this deal, St Mirren are not left with strips at the end of the season (loss) the risk is borne by JD. The downside being awful service and lack of control. Which seems a decent deal for the club. But to JD we don't matter. St who? We don't have the same appeal as Real Madrid, Christ we don't have as much appeal as Surreal Madrid. Its an awful state of affairs. It is the boards responsibility to sort it out. The Customer service is appalling and begs the question "would I shop at JD?" The commercial; side of the club is awful and has been for a long time.

Edited by charlie

Motherwell and Dundee both have bespoke kits from Macron and Puma respectively. I don't think it's just JD that provide this service.

Motherwell and Dundee both have bespoke kits from Macron and Puma respectively. I don't think it's just JD that provide this service.

Dundee don't. They have the same template for their home kit as everyone else, including hearts. Various clubs have the sash template for their away strip.

As far as I'm aware Thistle have a bespoke top for the second season in a row with Joma. Who, despite a poor reputation for some reason provide cracking kit.

When I was a kid football tops were made from cotton a natural material not like today's man made crap that makes these old scum fans smell like hell in supermarkets . Just thought I would add that :)

Aye, but did they have G-Tech X Fabric Temperature Control Dissipation Moisture Wicking Technology....?

Did they fcuk as like. Just imagine how good Fergie's Furies could have been.

Edited by pozbaird

The fakes don't seem to like them. They look utterly abysmal, the off the rack template is straight out the prostar catalogue. Pub team strips

Boring boring kits.

Getting your head through the collar is a given with a football kit or so you would think!

Kit manufacturers are like the teams they supply. Adidas and Nike are Real Madrid and Barcelona (literally). Puma are like a team who are occasional Champions League qualifiers, Joma are bottom six relegation battlers, and JD are....erm, eh, Morton. People know they exist, but no-one really cares much.

Honestly a worldwide brand a market leader and yes a business but a business built on quality. Adidas could not possibly provide shit quality as they rely on being the most reputable and recognised brand. Cabrini are definitely not adidas and div your having a giraffe if you think they are

Well, I picked up my Saints top today, love the design, no issues with the neck or marks on the inside either. However, I do have to say that they are a little thin, first thing my daughter mentioned was you could see right through it. Now, for me with my 6 pack that's really not a problem, but for those of us not as well proportioned I can only hope it's a cold August !

Honestly a worldwide brand a market leader and yes a business but a business built on quality. Adidas could not possibly provide shit quality as they rely on being the most reputable and recognised brand. Cabrini are definitely not adidas and div your having a giraffe if you think they are

And yet the quality of a lot of the latest lines of reissue adidas trainers are getting slated for their poor quality. Poor quality suede, really patchy glue work are the most common complaints.

There was a time when fender guitars were so poor, that their budget brand Squire, we're building better quality guitars.

I'm not saying the latest adidas kit is poor, just that a name doesn't gaurentee quality.

Joma are consistently one of the top 10 global sportswear brands. Only 1 of our 3 home kits have been templates. St Johnstone get a raw deal, but that's up to them to deal with.

For reference I loved our first Joma kit. The second one has grown on me, I'm sure this season's will too. Their away strips have been shit, though.

What St Mirren fans are going through is unacceptable. The club's silence is unacceptable. Have the fans council commented?

Edited by dave.j

And yet the quality of a lot of the latest lines of reissue adidas trainers are getting slated for their poor quality. Poor quality suede, really patchy glue work are the most common complaints.

There was a time when fender guitars were so poor, that their budget brand Squire, we're building better quality guitars.

I'm not saying the latest adidas kit is poor, just that a name doesn't gaurentee quality.

Joma are consistently one of the top 10 global sportswear brands. Only 1 of our 3 home kits have been templates. St Johnstone get a raw deal, but that's up to them to deal with.

For reference I loved our first Joma kit. The second one has grown on me, I'm sure this season's will too. Their away strips have been shit, though.

What St Mirren fans are going through is unacceptable. The club's silence is unacceptable. Have the fans council commented?

Can you buy Thistle strips in the Thistle shop? Do they have most, if not all sizes available? Can you order them online and if so, is it easy, or do you get some 'out of stock' bullshite? When you get a Thistle top, does it fit over your napper? Are Thistle supporting kids left disappointed and parents tempted to buy the latest Barca' top instead?

If the answers are yes, yes, yes, yes, and no, then Joma are better than JD.

Adidas, Nike and all the big brands use the Far East sweat shops to manufacture their kits.

All football kits are manufactured for buttons and sold at a ridiculously high profit margin.

I couldn't care less what badge is on our kit as long as it looks good, is available for everyone to buy, and it fits.