New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

I was "bitching" as you put it, about the cost being met by the club, so were you on about all the other posters "bitching" and leaving me out of it - don't think so.

Misquoting was the wrong word for me to use right enough, misunderstanding would have been better.

Do you play football at all in your spare time?

You would think, but apparently you are just supposed to pony up the dough and never question how its being spent on their pals.

Does anyone expect to question the shops where they buy their groceries where they spend your dough?

Dr Mr Tesco,

I bought bread last week at Tesco in Paisley

Why haven't you asked me if I am ok with you opening another Tesco express with the % of profit you made on the bread you sold me?

Yours

A disgruntled supporter of your stores

Dear Mr Haddows,

I've spent a fortune in your stores over the years on beer & wine but you've now decided to sell Carling. You never asked me my opinion on this, why not?

Yours.

A disgruntled customer.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

Hell knows how things will pan out with a fans takeover when you see the bickering going on over a fans bar. Don't see anything that could be considered offensive from Div unless your a bot paranoid or over sensitive.

What happens if we the fans take over the club and you don't like something do you stop your monthly subscription. This one side of the take over that worries me.

The rantings of one very acute bellend, a very acute bellend indeed.

Given that a bell-end is curved in nature, can you explain how one can be "acute"?

Unless you expect him to be a bell-end for only a short period of time.

Or maybe, for all your mangled attempts at wordsmithery, you can't string a cohesive sentence together.

I know I'm only commenting off a video and not from a business plan but from what I could make out it looks like the bar is going to operate draught beers and lagers. They don't show where the cellar would be or where the pipes run from but the guy doing the video seemed to suggest that Fosters, Kronenburg, Strongbow and John Smiths would all be offered on tap from the bar. That would be the first thing that would concern me about the business plan. Surely it would have made more sense to operate a bottle bar, even if all the products have to be served in PET form. Kegs and casks have a very short shelf life and there is potential for a great deal of wastage. Having a large number of malt whisky on offer is a nice idea - the bottles certainly won't go off anywhere near as quickly - however with such small membership numbers there is a real risk of tying up too much capital in expensive whisky stock.

I'm also not particularly comfortable with the idea of a "family club" having members bring their kids to the match only for them to be put in a corner to entertain themselves whilst their Dad gets pissed at the bar.

Beyond that though it's not something I feel any great desire to get worked up about. I'm not a member but my friend and his Father in Law have joined. I doubt I'd ever use it but if I want to I suppose they would be able to sign me in. In the past I was invited along to the Fir Park club to meet up with people before Motherwell matches and whilst it was a pleasant enough place to have a wee chat or to maybe watch the 12.30 kick off on a Saturday it never felt like something I'd use on a regular basis. However I do respect that for others it may add to the match day experience and at least it's no longer an empty space doing nothing on a fortnightly basis.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I know I'm only commenting off a video and not from a business plan but from what I could make out it looks like the bar is going to operate draught beers and lagers. They don't show where the cellar would be or where the pipes run from but the guy doing the video seemed to suggest that Fosters, Kronenburg, Strongbow and John Smiths would all be offered on tap from the bar. That would be the first thing that would concern me about the business plan. Surely it would have made more sense to operate a bottle bar, even if all the products have to be served in PET form. Kegs and casks have a very short shelf life and there is potential for a great deal of wastage. Having a large number of malt whisky on offer is a nice idea - the bottles certainly won't go off anywhere near as quickly - however with such small membership numbers there is a real risk of tying up too much capital in expensive whisky stock.

I'm also not particularly comfortable with the idea of a "family club" having members bring their kids to the match only for them to be put in a corner to entertain themselves whilst their Dad gets pissed at the bar.

Beyond that though it's not something I feel any great desire to get worked up about. I'm not a member but my friend and his Father in Law have joined. I doubt I'd ever use it but if I want to I suppose they would be able to sign me in. In the past I was invited along to the Fir Park club to meet up with people before Motherwell matches and whilst it was a pleasant enough place to have a wee chat or to maybe watch the 12.30 kick off on a Saturday it never felt like something I'd use on a regular basis. However I do respect that for others it may add to the match day experience and at least it's no longer an empty space doing nothing on a fortnightly basis.

The draught beers are the same ones that are on tap in the corporate lounge so I assume they will use the same supply.

I know absolutely nothing about running a bar right enough.

Fans Council have just tweeted that the Supporters Club is now full.

I look forward to comparing conservatories with my fellow buddies and swapping hilarious anecdotes about our cars.

great, hope they get a good supply of orange juice and cans of Coke....u can all sit deluded about how exclusive it is and how u will own a football club! Edited by religion is saints

Fans Council have just tweeted that the Supporters Club is now full.

I look forward to comparing conservatories with my fellow buddies and swapping hilarious anecdotes about our cars.

Was sure someone with this user name was on these very boards decrying the whole idea and withdrawing their interest? Its like the feckin hokey cokey....

You pledge your membership subs in......

Your membership subs out....

In

Out

In

Out

Shake it all about....

Hell knows how things will pan out with a fans takeover when you see the bickering going on over a fans bar. Don't see anything that could be considered offensive from Div unless your a bot paranoid or over sensitive.

What happens if we the fans take over the club and you don't like something do you stop your monthly subscription. This one side of the take over that worries me.

I don't see anything quoted by Div that is offensive either, he is taking part in debate and is being answered back as far as i can see, i don't see anyone blaming him for anything.

I would expect that if the fans gain control or get a fair bit of representation on the board, then projects like a fans pub would be discussed with all fans and different ideas put on the table for choices to be made, after considering if using club money in this way is the right thing to do at that time.

People will always disagree with decisions, but it is better to consult and get a majority decision than to spend club money without asking the majority who spend money at the club for their input.

Fans subscribing then dropping their subscription is a factor in all fan buyouts and consultations with other fan groups has taken place and the average amount of times this has happened with each group has been taken into consideration and will be planned for.

P.S. I am well aware that this is not how things work at present in any business and quite honestly it will be interesting to see how it works, comparing the situation to shopping at Tesco or even comparing it to how clubs are run at the moment is pointless as the 2 situations are completely different.

To avoid any further questions on why i am "bitching" about this, it highlights what could be different if we have more of a say in running the club, the majority seem to think the pub is a good idea but could have been opened under better conditions of entry, this is typical of what can be thrown open for fans to make their choice.

Edited by buddiecat

Was sure someone with this user name was on these very boards decrying the whole idea and withdrawing their interest? Its like the feckin hokey cokey....

You pledge your membership subs in......

Your membership subs out....

In

Out

In

Out

Shake it all about....

Care to quote the post where I did that champ?

Surely you won't be caught lying. Again!

For me the idea of a supporter's bar is about inclusion. Inclusion for all fans of St.mirren to utilise it as a facility provided by the club.

What we have ended up with is a private members club based on an individuals affordability to be included.

I know some supporters of this club who are low paid or unemployed, others on benefits. Some cannot afford to attend every game and might attend every second or third home match along with enough for a couple of pints.

The 'fans' council has locked this group of supporters firmly out. Those supporters are not welcome.

Personally I can afford to take out a membership and was keen at the beginning but the more I thought about it the more I realised it was not a supporter's bar but a bar based on your financial ability to pay before being made welcome. I don't want to be part of that setup.

Perhaps there will be members within this private club of the same thinking and start to ask the 'fans' council why this facility is not accessible to all fans no matter their financial status.

Until it is truly a supporter's bar available to all I will continue to spend my money elsewhere.

It could be even 'fuller' if they had the inclination.

The tiny minority of St.mirren fans this will cater for will have to dig deep on top of their subscription fees to provide a revenue stream for the club and justify keeping the riff-raff out.

Can you get fuller than full.

Can you get fuller than full.

There's 'full' and there's 'capacity'.

Just because the fans council states that the membership is full then that does not mean the same as full capacity.

There's already been people on this thread stating that they have become members but have no intention of attending. So if that's the case then the bar will never be 'full'. How many other members will be in the same bracket?

Therefore, for the sake of this argument, yes, you can indeed get fuller than full.

There's 'full' and there's 'capacity'.

Just because the fans council states that the membership is full then that does not mean the same as full capacity.

There's already been people on this thread stating that they have become members but have no intention of attending. So if that's the case then the bar will never be 'full'. How many other members will be in the same bracket?

Therefore, for the sake of this argument, yes, you can indeed get fuller than full.

What, you mean like over booking on a plane.

Wouldn't like to be turned away if told bar is full if I was a member.

But as a driver, getting to and thro to games, it's of no interest to me.

What, you mean like over booking on a plane.

Wouldn't like to be turned away if told bar is full if I was a member.

But as a driver, getting to and thro to games, it's of no interest to me.

Nope, nothing at all like a plane bud.

As stated by the fans council themselves, the majority of the cost of this venture was met by the club. The shortfall, if any, could have been met by other means. Just go to the start of this thread and you will see numerous funding ideas put forward by fans that were totally ignored by the fans council.

Let's not get into the shady strategy of having a fans council member then argue the club was paying nothing and it can only go ahead with the membership scheme.

There was no debate, no fans questionnaire, no open meetings etc. The decision was made by a very small group of supporters purporting to be representing the collective.

You ask me questions, let me ask you one, are you happy that your fellow supporters are locked out and not welcome despite all being supporters of the same club?

I've been made welcome to other clubs supporters bars both in Scotland and England without the need of membership but I am not welcome in my own clubs bar.