Another Long Season Ahead

Aye this team has the makings of a top team, get real ffs.

I am genuinely taken aback by the level of negativity being posted here by quite a few of our regular contributors, several of whom I would normally exclude from my list of nutters or "the usual suspects" for over-reaction and knicker-wetting.

Last season was a total disaster in every conceivable way fron top to bottom. Our start point for this season is a bottom-up re-build - umpteen of last year's players dumped or walked away, youth being offered a chance, a new man in charge, etc, etc. Surely it is obvious to everyone that our early season matches would be trial & error, young players having to learn from their mistakes, and a mix of good / bad / awful new signings. It will take time for things to gel and with Rangers and Hibs in our league season 2015/16 has to be a write-off in terms of table-topping expectations. Top five at the end of the season is (IMO) acceptable, escaping a second successive relegation is our minimum requirement.

Our BoD have brought in Ian Murray as a new broom with a remit to build something out of nothing. Mistakes are inevitable, FFS give the man a chance.

The game last night and the result for QoS today show clearly the fight we have on to stay in this league! With only ten teams in the league, if you are not in a play off place you are fighting relegation, and we haven't recruited a manager in my opinion who has a track record of getting teams challenging for promotion, but one who ends up fighting relegation!

One point out of nine is relegation form, and with our fixtures from now till the end of September i think if we can only pick up,points from Livi we will be in a long run relegation battle. The only hope is if we do recruit a goal scorer,band a good centre back, Kelly is suspect, too easily muscled off the ball, and wanders away from his fellow centre back.

Conlan isn't up to it and should be sent back to Burnley, and we need a good replacement.

Utterly laughable. 99 points to play for, we are not even out of August and you are talking relegation. Yes QOS have started well but we have had 2 tough away games v Scumgers and Soaps. Only 3 games gone and squad not finalised plus there is a Winter transfer window too. How can you be so negative rather than at least giving Murray a little time to get it right. By the way you may want to look at Alex Ferguson's starts to management at our club and wonder what happened to him? Will your mate Aitken at Dumbarton be under pressure for losing at home to QOS today? Fine line as we found out by missing a penalty at Huntsville and disallowed goal last night plus a few other decisions against us. Edited by nedflanders123

Utterly laughable. 99 points to play for, we are not even out of August and you are talking relegation. Yes QOS have started well but we have had 2 tough away games v Scumgers and Soaps. Only 3 games gone and squad not finalised plus there is a Winter transfer window too. How can you be so negative rather than at least giving Murray a little time to get it right. By the way you may want to look at Alex Ferguson's starts to management at our club and wonder what happened to him? Will your mate Aitken at Dumbarton be under pressure for losing at home to QOS today? Fine line as we found out by missing a penalty at Huntsville and disallowed goal last night plus a few other decisions against us.

Ahh..! Its not August we are waiting on now, its January..!

Did you know there is another transfer window at the end if the season too Ned? Maybe thats the one we are waiting for?

If you had suggested pre season the morton (just promoted from league 1) would be a tough game i am sure I and a fewothers here would have laughed at the suggestion. Now its clear we cant beat teams who werent even in tnis league last season.

If you had suggested pre season the morton (just promoted from league 1) would be a tough game i am sure I and a fewothers here would have laughed at the suggestion.

Enough said there really.

Confession is good for the soul, they say.

Hope your lunacy doesn't affect your daily life too much.

A derby match after 15 years not tough? Aye right.

That was always going to be a tough match. Why else would it be a live tv game?

Did you know there is another transfer window at the end if the season too Ned? Maybe thats the one we are waiting for?

If you had suggested pre season the morton (just promoted from league 1) would be a tough game i am sure I and a fewothers here would have laughed at the suggestion. Now its clear we cant beat teams who werent even in tnis league last season.

You really are on the wind up. Morton came up as Champs and I suspected any game against them would be tough, why would anyone laugh at such a suggestion?

I mentioned the Winter transfer window as that provides the manager to bring in needed resources. My main point though, which you simply ignored, was about now and that we have played 3 games including 2 tough away games. I have no idea how we will fare this season but am prepared to give manager and players time. We have no divine right to beat any team and some will raise their game against us. You recall the Falkirk score last week? You no doubt believe Dumbarton will finish above Hibs and us because they won games against both?

Your knickerwetting now makes Elvis look like the Laughing Cavalier

Edited by nedflanders123

Utterly laughable. 99 points to play for, we are not even out of August and you are talking relegation. Yes QOS have started well but we have had 2 tough away games v Scumgers and Soaps. Only 3 games gone and squad not finalised plus there is a Winter transfer window too. How can you be so negative rather than at least giving Murray a little time to get it right. By the way you may want to look at Alex Ferguson's starts to management at our club and wonder what happened to him? Will your mate Aitken at Dumbarton be under pressure for losing at home to QOS today? Fine line as we found out by missing a penalty at Huntsville and disallowed goal last night plus a few other decisions against us.

You really are on the wind up. Morton came up as Champs and I suspected any game against them would be tough, why would anyone laugh at such a suggestion?

I mentioned the Winter transfer window as that provides the manager to bring in needed resources. My main point though, which you simply ignored, was about now and that we have played 3 games including 2 tough away games. I have no idea how we will fare this season but am prepared to give manager and players time. We have no divine right to beat any team and some will raise their game against us. You recall the Falkirk score last week? You no doubt believe Dumbarton will finish above Hibs and us because they won games against both?

You are right Ned! I mean we have got the mighty Livi next, another toughie eh???

Seriously, has Care in the Community failed you? Posting the same diatribe again just makes you appear a sad person. The sun is shining so go get some much needed vitamins bud.

I was never a knicker wetter I just told everyone that we were utter crap which was ultimetly proved correct .

I was never a knicker wetter I just told everyone that we were utter crap which was ultimetly proved correct .

Aye, every feckin week. Did you have to tell us this every match when we a!ready knew how poor we were? Of course many remained positive/hopeful which is part of being a supporter. Clai ing we were crap ad nausea is equal to knickerwetting Elvis.

ffs Ned.... You've got the might Alloa finishing above us now. That said i was completely behind Lennon who was our best manager in Decades, what a sorry mess the BoD made of that!

Now where did I say Alloa would finish above us? I said our game against them, and every other club, would be tough. Do you just feckin make things up or cannot understand the English language? As for Danny, like Gus, his time was up and we were stagnant. There was other issues around Lennon that I will not put in print as agreed to remain confidential. As for best manager, I would put Gys ahead of Danny but Tom Hendry first.

Now where did I say Alloa would finish above us? I said our game against them, and every other club, would be tough. Do you just feckin make things up or cannot understand the English language? As for Danny, like Gus, his time was up and we were stagnant. There was other issues around Lennon that I will not put in print as agreed to remain confidential. As for best manager, I would put Gys ahead of Danny but Tom Hendry first.

Interesting last sentence. I agree Gus was a better manager than Danny... But Hendrie ahead of them both?

He took over when we were in the bottom half of the first division and that's where we were when he left.

Hendry had one good season, then failed spectacularly in the premier league, then disappeared. Danny got our highest finish, and a national trophy, Gus stagnated us, but again i was against the BoD forcing him out. These issues fall squarely at their feet.

Interesting last sentence. I agree Gus was a better manager than Danny... But Hendrie ahead of them both?

He took over when we were in the bottom half of the first division and that's where we were when he left.

TH had us playing superb football and sadly the Board did not help him to strengthen the side to stay up. Gus was a good manger but then it all led to defensive safety first uber dull. Danny had simply wasted a whole lot of money on flops and got it more wrong than right.