Easdale Brothers

Heard rumours they're wanting to get involved at Morton, they are from Greenock after all.

The 'just there for the football' and there as potential Morton investors are infinitely more likely than them being there as potential St Mirren investors... And thank goodness.

Sure I saw somewhere that they are one of Morton's biggest sponsors, Big banner up behind the home end goal.

Would be as welcome as Reg Brearley at St Mirren park.

I'd delete that if I were you! :o

They might kneecap you, and then you'd have....

Oh. Sorry. I didn't notice...

Easdale's reach throughout that neck of the woods is well known. Allegedly now they have erm , according to latest sources influence in Calmac.

WTF , not exactly exotic but yet again another form of transport for erm , ................................well.

Best keep schtum

Easdale's reach throughout that neck of the woods is well known. Allegedly now they have erm , according to latest sources influence in Calmac.

WTF , not exactly exotic but yet again another form of transport for erm , ................................well.

Best keep schtum

Cal Mac is out to tender the fact the Easdale's run a public transport company it should come as no surprise that they would have put in a tender like many other companies have also.

Cal Mac is out to tender the fact the Easdale's run a public transport company it should come as no surprise that they would have put in a tender like many other companies have also.

Are you sure it's not the contract that CalMac currently run that's up for tender IoBS rather than CalMac itself??

correct weebud , however cal mac ferries would still be used no matter who wins the tender

Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited owns the ferries and they are owned by the Scottish Government, the ferries would just be "re-liveried" to whoever wins the contract............at the moment that will either be CalMac (hopefully) or Serco.

I hope Cal-Mac keep the contract. its just a way of bringing wages and working conditions down.

However in the governments defence they have brought down the cost of purchasing a ticket substantially which is good for tourism , also helping to keep the cost of products down in the shops. Swings and roundabouts I suppose. September will see the cost of a return ticket to Bute almost half in cost to what it is today.

I hope Cal-Mac keep the contract. its just a way of bringing wages and working conditions down.

However in the governments defence they have brought down the cost of purchasing a ticket substantially which is good for tourism , also helping to keep the cost of products down in the shops. Swings and roundabouts I suppose. September will see the cost of a return ticket to Bute almost half in cost to what it is today.

We had the benefit of "RTE" on Tiree about 5 years ago............2 adults, three kids and a car is £145 return for a 3 1/2 hour journey each way through some beautiful scenery, it is unbelievable value for money!!