Murray's Meltdown!

It's not Murray who is having a melt down its the majority of our support. Aye things are not great , personally the football is much better than it was last season by a 100 miles.

Can't agree with that, buddie. That first half last night was worse than anything under Craig or Teale, in my opinion. Agree to disagree though!

At the time , i thought Mr Murray was a good appointment .perhaps going a bit stale at Dumbarton and needing a new challenge .Maybe using us as a stepping stone before moving on to another higher rated club ? I now hold my hands up and say we seem to have got it badly wrong. Also the partnership with Mark Spalding patently isn`t working . Where do we go from here , who knows ?

It's not Murray who is having a melt down its the majority of our support. Aye things are not great , personally the football is much better than it was last season by a 100 miles.

It's not. I've seen slightly better play, but it's never sustained. 20 mins here and there isn't good football.

Arguably, we have a better squad right now than we did last year. That's probably one of the more disappointing parts.

The league table doesn't lie.

This is the worst St. Mirren team in 40 years.

And even that side from 40 years which which finished 11th in the old Second Division at least had guys like Tony Fitzpatrick and Bobby Reid who were destined to be superstars. This side has no-one.

Ian Murray is on a par with John Coughlin IMO.

He could well go down in history as the worst manager in the club's entire history.

Edited by nosferatu

It's not. I've seen slightly better play, but it's never sustained. 20 mins here and there isn't good football.

Arguably, we have a better squad right now than we did last year. That's probably one of the more disappointing parts.

A bit tame by your standards..........

Great winner for Raith last night, long throw into the box, bit of confusion - did the guy credited with scoring even touch the ball, but that's the point. More direct play, that's what we need.

A bit tame by your standards..........

Great winner for Raith last night, long throw into the box, bit of confusion - did the guy credited with scoring even touch the ball, but that's the point. More direct play, that's what we need.

Don't think he did, probably go down as a goal by Daly.

I agree, we need to play direct. Any time we've played with pace and power we've done well but, as I said, it's fleeting moments in each match.

Every team that we've played this season at home have had the exact same game plan. Press our midfield and squeeze the forward line up. It's concerning that Murray can't see that and make the changes in a match.

I've been angry a couple of times on here but you've never bothered me enough for that. Your relatively new reincarnation as Pityme gets in in one. Your lunatic ravings over 10,000 hours made some reading and you seened paranoid at times. Probably as well Richard Atkinson took it all in his stride. He felt pity for you back then I imagine even though you were raving at times. You are to be pitied.

Now i am getting Pastor Jack Glass....

You make I laaaaaaaaf....!

And even that side from 40 years which which finished 11th in the old Second Division at least had guys like Tony Fitzpatrick and Bobby Reid who were destined to be superstars. This side has no-one.

He could well go down in history as the worst manager in the club's entire history.

And you sound almost happy about it....whistling.gif

Is there a general consensus about when the time would be right for a change of management team if we continue in this vein of poor form and poor results? In short how long should the circus remain in town???

Giving that we're not expecting anything from the Hibs game, it's win or bust

against Alloa IMO... I have nothing against Murray and I hope he can turn things

around but the BOD would need to act fast and wield the axe while there's still time

to salvage the season...

That's a decent squad of players we have and I believe a decent manager would soon

have us flying in this league..

The last thing we need is to leave it too late and have another disaster like last season..

Edited by scrappy coco

Is there a general consensus about when the time would be right for a change of management team if we continue in this vein of poor form and poor results? In short how long should the circus remain in town???

If we lose the next 2 games i reckon his job might be in danger, hope it doesn't come to that.

Worse team in 40 years? Seriously mate? I have no idea how long you have watched the team but even by your own standards that is some over reaction.

If Murray was sacked exactly who do you want to replace him? In fact, who the hell would take the job knowing club and fans will be down his throat from day one?

I think it is a tad early to be saying that to be honest i can think of periods in the 90s and early 2000s when we were particularly dire.

If Murray was sacked exactly who do you want to replace him? In fact, who the hell would take the job knowing club and fans will be down his throat from day one?

To be honest i don't think there would be a shortage of applications. I think he deserves more time but he has to get results asap.

I would have had Aitken instead of him, he has had managerial success. When TC got the push we needed the likes of Butcher or McCall.

Stuart McCall would get a helluva lot more out of those players, i would have him in a heart beat.

All your stuff about the club and fans down his throat is waffle! Murray has brought the pressure on himself by poor recruitment, selection, tactics and stubborness. The board shouldvwalk too for making another cheap dud manager.

Givebus McCall to fire up the season, and ditch Laurel & Hardy!

I would have had Aitken instead of him, he has had managerial success. When TC got the push we needed the likes of Butcher or McCall.

Stuart McCall would get a helluva lot more out of those players, i would have him in a heart beat.

All your stuff about the club and fans down his throat is waffle! Murray has brought the pressure on himself by poor recruitment, selection, tactics and stubborness. The board shouldvwalk too for making another cheap dud manager.

Givebus McCall to fire up the season, and ditch Laurel & Hardy!

Waffle? You have been criticising from day one. McCall is unaffordable so you can count him out. Your pal Aitken had his day against Hibs and us even though we should have won on the day. His record since then is poor.

You want the Board to walk for making an appointment that has not yet worked out? The BOD walking would end our club.

All this crap I read about a club our size and resources. Our core support us no more than Falkirk and others. Most of our resources will be used to offset our losses from relegation and paying people off.

I am disappointed in our start and you may be right that IM may end up being a bad choice, not the first and not the last, but unlike you and some others I am prepared to see whether or not he can turn things around. If not, then he will be answerable to those who pay his wage.

Still his record is better than our managers. I'm saying let's be calm I hope by October we start to play I felt that in July it would take time. He isn't delivering anything with a squad of players that is better than any other side we have played this year bar rangers. Should we still have five points at the end of October I feel he would need to be fired

I think it is a tad early to be saying that to be honest i can think of periods in the 90s and early 2000s when we were particularly dire.

Financial circumstances at the club in those days was the main driver of our being rotten. The money just wasn't there to bring in any sort of quality. The squad we have now is light years ahead of anything Coughlin, Fitzpatrick or Bone ever had and it is a disgrace that we are sitting with 5 points from 7 games.

Waffle? You have been criticising from day one. McCall is unaffordable so you can count him out. Your pal Aitken had his day against Hibs and us even though we should have won on the day. His record since then is poor.

You want the Board to walk for making an appointment that has not yet worked out? The BOD walking would end our club.

All this crap I read about a club our size and resources. Our core support us no more than Falkirk and others. Most of our resources will be used to offset our losses from relegation and paying people off.

I am disappointed in our start and you may be right that IM may end up being a bad choice, not the first and not the last, but unlike you and some others I am prepared to see whether or not he can turn things around. If not, then he will be answerable to those who pay his wage.

This BOD want their cake and eat it! We need rid now.