Smisa And The Fans Council

TopCat

I have some questions for the fans council which I think a few others might like an answer to, which is part of the reason I'm asking here and since the fans council is allegedly there in part to 'provide a good communication flow between the club and the fans' I hope for once they will get the information and let the support know the answer.

Why are Saints fans in the West stand being inconvenienced at the majority of home games with only 50% of the facilities being available to them ?

Why were season ticket holders not informed about this when the tickets were being renewed in order to get a chance to move ?

As the pay at the gate supporters aren't getting the same facilities as other parts of the ground, why aren't the tickets reduced ?

If this will be happening next season will the season tickets be reduced to reflect the reduced facilities ?

I'm not renewing next season ,but these are very good points bud

How many toilets do you desire?

Can you piss in both at the same time?

Queues Shull. Large queues outside the toilets and large queues outside the pie stall. There is not enough time at half-time to stand in both queues. Every other section of the ground has at least two of each. The West Stand, the busiest?, has half of everywhere else. Certainly the source of many complaints from people around me.

Obviously the people who make the decisions do not use the limited facilities on offer.

Edited by Sonny

Div, how about the Fans Council having their own subforum on here where fans can legitimately ask for concerns to be taken to the Board and the responses from the Board are posted?

The BoD cannot address issues if they are unaware of them or cannot gauge how big a problem it may be and fans often do not know to, or feel they have a mechanism for taking up concerns. The Brian Caldwell thread was a good idea but that soon fizzled out. We need another way to voice issues so everyone can see the response.

Two issues for me would be the shocking tannoy system in the West Bank and the segregation in the West Bank severely curtailing facilities for Home fans. I am sure Poz may have a couple of things to add :)

I have some questions for the fans council which I think a few others might like an answer to, which is part of the reason I'm asking here and since the fans council is allegedly there in part to 'provide a good communication flow between the club and the fans' I hope for once they will get the information and let the support know the answer.

Why are Saints fans in the West stand being inconvenienced at the majority of home games with only 50% of the facilities being available to them ?

Why were season ticket holders not informed about this when the tickets were being renewed in order to get a chance to move ?

As the pay at the gate supporters aren't getting the same facilities as other parts of the ground, why aren't the tickets reduced ?

If this will be happening next season will the season tickets be reduced to reflect the reduced facilities ?

I have been complaining for the last 2 season about this. AFAIK Gilmour came over at h/t 2 season ago to see for himself what it was like and I am sure we never shared the stand again that season. It is all about money but surely the cost of a handful of stewards is worth paying to stop the fans thinking they are being treated like shit. Also remember the disabled also losses a toilet so there is only 1 for those fans in wheelchairs whos trip to the toilet is going to take a lot longer than fans that are abled.

My main concern/gripe is the catering staff. They are completely oblivous to the fact there is actually a game on yet while you are standing there waiting to buy your pies and drinks, there standing about having a chat and completely ignoring you. By the time I get my pie and tea, Ive missed quite a bit of the game.

Edited by SuperSaints 12

There was 4 of them in the West Stand as they sat in front of me during the game

Sounds like there was none over at the Main Stand

I was approached before the match on the concourse and also someone walked up the stairs asking people if they wanted to buy them.

I was in the Main Stand.

But do you see the whole match or just half?

Lucky bassas if the latter.

Shull,

I think we can safely assume the reason for the closing of the away stand is to save a few quid in stewarding, that's up to the club but in doing so they just continue with one of the biggest problems Scottish football has from the top to the bottom - a failure to consider the paying support. The club might save a few quid this season but next season might see some people decide they have one more reason to just give up going to the football.

I read in the paper today that the paying supporters in Scotland pays on average 34% of the clubs income (which is 2.5 times the amount Sky put in to Scottish football) yet we're the ones that have to put up with kick offs being changed to suit TV, with lack of consultation on the way football is going, we are just expected to keep going, pay our money and put up with what the powers that be decide - whether that's the league structure or available facilities at the grounds.

An experiment was tried on Friday and the club is saying it was a success as there was no trouble but will there be any follow up consultation with the fans in the main stand for their thoughts on it ? If it can work in the main stand then why not desegregate the West stand for the majority of the games and have the full facilities open to all ?

Queues Shull. Large queues outside the toilets and large queues outside the pie stall. There is not enough time at half-time to stand in both queues. Every other section of the ground has at least two of each. The West Stand, the busiest?, has half of everywhere else. Certainly the source of many complaints from people around me.

Obviously the people who make the decisions do not use the limited facilities on offer.

I've used both the main stand and south stand, do you know what, they also have large queues, amazing.

I've used both the main stand and south stand, do you know what, they also have large queues, amazing.

Fair enough and I have not.

However both those stands, to my understanding, have two sets of facilities and the West Stand has one when segregation is in place. So it is not unreasonable to expect the large queues in the other stands to be processed faster than the ones in the West Stand.

Fair enough and I have not.

However both those stands, to my understanding, have two sets of facilities and the West Stand has one when segregation is in place. So it is not unreasonable to expect the large queues in the other stands to be processed faster than the ones in the West Stand.

More staff.

None of the stands are ever 100% full, so why don't they close one of the pie stalls and one of the toilet blocks in the other stands, then the pricing policy would be fair

Toilets are free and why would one want to pay for pie stall if they don't use it.

It's never 100% full.

Neither are the other stands yet they have double the facilities for less of a crowd, pie stalls may have more staff - i don't usually buy a pie there, but i do need to queue up to have a pee at the single toilet facility and am now aware (due to a previous post) that the disabled toilets for the west stand are 50% less when the dividing doors are closed, and that is for the vast majority of games, is that acceptable to you ?

Neither are the other stands yet they have double the facilities for less of a crowd, pie stalls may have more staff - i don't usually buy a pie there, but i do need to queue up to have a pee at the single toilet facility and am now aware (due to a previous post) that the disabled toilets for the west stand are 50% less when the dividing doors are closed, and that is for the vast majority of games, is that acceptable to you ?

If I remember rightly the West Stand and Main Stand typically have similar numbers through the turnstiles, maybe as little as 100 of a difference.

West Stand always looks poorly attended from the Main Stand, I don't think it's anywhere near as busy as some believe.

Don't have a problem, don't use west stand.