Ian Murray Will Come Good

I don't think we'll finish 7th this season. I reckon we will push into the top half and we'll be willing to give him another season or 2 to see how things develop.

If we make no improvement at all - of course we will look at other options. Just think we need to give the guy a chance to learn. If it takes us 2 or 3 seasons to gain promotion, so be it.

Well we are 7th at the moment. Will we finish higher? Maybe, or maybe we will finish lower.

If we do push into the top half we will be in the mix for the playoffs, which would require a huge improvement and it is really the best we can hope for at the moment. Just to have a chance of making them going into the final 4 or 5 games is all I'm asking for now.

When did we last attract any quality managers??????

Dunno if any Manager is high quality or poor until they are in the Job for a reasonable amount of time.

We could've employed Tommy Wright and he might have been shite.

Danny Lennon and Wee Baldy are Saints Legends but we didnae know they were high quality when they were appointed.

Yeah we played Livingstone 3 times - 1 win, 1 draw, 1 defeat --- you happy with that?

Are we such a big club with a massive support so we should beat them all the time.

Personally I don't think like an old firm supporter. Would agree we have underachieved at the beginning of the season but would argue we are heading in a more positive direction going by recent results outwith weekend past. home record is extremely poor away record not too bad. ( I THINK ) given time I think Murray will come good only time will tell.

Are we such a big club with a massive support so we should beat them [Livingston] all the time.

Personally I don't think like an old firm supporter. Would agree we have underachieved at the beginning of the season but would argue we are heading in a more positive direction going by recent results outwith weekend past. home record is extremely poor away record not too bad. ( I THINK ) given time I think Murray will come good only time will tell.

We're not competing at Champions League level man! We have the 3rd biggest support and budget in the league. That doesn't entitle us to beat all the smaller teams automatically. Livi have played 11 leagues and lost 7, won 2 and drawn 2. They are pretty poor by the standards of our championship-league and in 3 games against them so far they have probably outplayed us 3 times and got a win, draw, and loss against us.

As for the interview Murray gave to Graham Spiers I thought it painted the club in the kind of light which I don't think Danny Lennon would have stood for - i.e. beginning with excuses about our supporters being moaners and not easily pleased. I remember when Murray was appointed, apart from myself and 2 or 3 others, people were largely enthusiastic about the appointment, and although skeptical about whether he is the right man for the job I would still like to see him turn it around and do well and have a strong two thirds of the season after a tough start.

While it's refreshing to admit publicly to making mistakes in the first few months I haven't detected much change in how he operates recently - he seems to make 2 changes to the midfield in just about every game, as well as Shankland, McMullen and Gallagher all having changing roles week by week and he still seems to want to persist with Thommo up front for most of the game, often as a lone striker when pretty much everyone can see it is not working consistently.

Goodwin, Webster, Mallan, Gallagher, Shankland are all beginning to look useful most weeks now and we are beginning to look like a team. Howieson also seems to be growing in confidence as a tidy midfielder who keeps the ball well and McMullen has shown in flashes that he could be a promising player. In the first month of the season we just looked like a team of 11 guys who had just met and never trained together and Webster and Shankland hadn't signed yet while our other form players were in and out of the team.

Are we such a big club with a massive support so we should beat them all the time.

You really think our league results outwith the last weekend are heading in a more positive direction?

Not sure why we should discount the game at the weekend, cos in reality it counts also - BUT in the 5 most recent league games except for last weekend we have 1 win, 2 draws and 2 defeats - I make that 5 points from a possible 15.

What low expectations you have. I don't think it is just Old firm supporters who expect better than this?

If we include last weekend it is 5 points from 18 - is that perfectly acceptable for anyone????

Football is big business and we are not delivering acceptable results - decent managers/directors of any business would not see this as ok.

It's only sport and it's our pastime.

No need to get knickers in a twist or soaked.

Firstly Shull you seem obsessed by wet knickers! (Wondering if you had a problem with bed wetting?)

Secondly, it is our pastime, but for Gilmour and the Directors, Murray and the players it is their livelihoods. St. Mirren Football Club is a business!

And the fans don't turn up every week thinking if we will 1 game in 5 that will be great. Whoopee!

CONSTRUCTIVE DISCONTENT drives better results - so who does not want that?

Davie Hay

Look how that turned out

A success everywhere he went bar us

He was at it imo

Who in any sanity thinks Davie Hay was a quality manager?

Managing Livingstone twice, Dunfermline, Motherwell and us all for about 1 season only. He lasted 2 seasons at Celtic and any success he had he got with the team he inherited - he was never there long enough to build anything good!

Just because he came from Celtic as a player does not qualify him as a quality manager I 'm afraid

Fans turn up every week hoping their Team wins the Match they are attending. If they lose it is a disappointment.

The next game, the same.

The game after that, the same.

And so on.

Sometimes you have just got to trust Directors (ain't their livelihoods), Manager and Players.

Would you believe some on here would detest any Manager we had, just because Mr Gilmour would have chosen him.

Sad.

Get along to St Mirren Park and support your Club.

One of these days..

Firstly Shull you seem obsessed by wet knickers! (Wondering if you had a problem with bed wetting?)

Secondly, it is our pastime, but for Gilmour and the Directors, Murray and the players it is their livelihoods. St. Mirren Football Club is a business!

And the fans don't turn up every week thinking if we will 1 game in 5 that will be great. Whoopee!

CONSTRUCTIVE DISCONTENT drives better results - so who does not want that?

You are right about livelihoods regarding manager and players.

You could not be further from the truth regarding Stuart and the directors in other words you are very wrong.

The Board of Directors are there to keep us solvent.

They are doing fine.

Really - so 5 points from the last 18, a mediocre team a few points off relegation in a poor league is great - as long as they are getting paid and we survive.

What amazing ambition you have - you would be an ideal supporter for a team at a much lower level than this!!!

You are right about livelihoods regarding manager and players.

You could not be further from the truth regarding Stuart and the directors in other words you are very wrong.

Go on explain this in English.

Isn't Stuart trying to sell off and make a profit on his shares? Trouble is his poor performance has brought the value right down.

Fans turn up every week hoping their Team wins the Match they are attending. If they lose it is a disappointment.

The next game, the same.

The game after that, the same.

And so on.

Sometimes you have just got to trust Directors (ain't their livelihoods), Manager and Players.

Would you believe some on here would detest any Manager we had, just because Mr Gilmour would have chosen him.

Sad.

Get along to St Mirren Park and support your Club.

One of these days..

You express the one game at a time mentality which is far too simplistic for a business model.

Directors should have longer term plans (5 - 10 years). In those plans there should be SMART Goals, Targets, and actions should be taken to ensure we invest appropriately to achieve the goals.

~There is no evidence that this is happening since we sold off Love Street, and became solvent. You would think this would have been a positive springboard - by alas NO. We must be driven with a budget that means success is not required.

I do attend games when I can. I would love to more often, and would make even more effort to do so if the "Team" were really worth watching. I remember the days when you knew that, McGarvey or McDougal or Somner would score every other week. Guys like Stark, Munro, Weir and Richardson were a delight. Even guys like Goncalves were worth the entrance fee every game.

The squad is not good enough to get back to the Premier league or to live there - simple, not good enough and as a fan I don't think that is unreasonable for a club our size. (Paisley has a big population - but we ain't attracting very many fans by comparison)

Edited by Sweeper07

Who in any sanity thinks Davie Hay was a quality manager?

Managing Livingstone twice, Dunfermline, Motherwell and us all for about 1 season only. He lasted 2 seasons at Celtic and any success he had he got with the team he inherited - he was never there long enough to build anything good!

Just because he came from Celtic as a player does not qualify him as a quality manager I 'm afraid

He had success in winning leagues and cups with the teams mentioned

Also won the league and cup over in Norway

At the time we appointed him he was deemed to be a decent manager.

He never tried with us and took much money as possible out of us