Ian Murray Will Come Good

The only paragraph available to read sees him admit the job is to big for him... Jeez it must lighten up before the end???

It is apparent that you have trouble reading, or that your comprehension levels aren't very high. Try reading it again, more slowly. Break it into small parts. I'm sure you'll get it right eventually.

Interesting interview.

Said that he thinks he asked too much of his defenders at start of season by getting them to go forward " I’ve learned now to ask my full-backs, first and foremost, to be defenders. Never mind trying to get them to play like wingers, or whatever"

If that is asking too much of the modern day defender, then we do have problems in my opinion.

I'm sure I've seen Kelly, Naismith and a few others all cope admirably in previous seasons with this tactic,

or am I missing something?

Good on Murray coming clean. I'm sure he will come good with time and we have been picking results up lately.

A lot of frustration on the fans side Murray gets that.

Murray did not have to admit he has made mistakes or that he was unprepared for the Saints job - the results tell the story well.

The team are a bit more together now (but it took far too long getting them together), but recent results, other than the di*ddy cup are not honestly so great. I am bitterly disappointed any of our fans think this is anywhere near good enough in this league.

In our last 6 league games we have 1 win 2 draws and 3 defeats.

Where we are in the league is cr**ap. We might well have only got beaten 1 v 0 against the team Murray concedes is going to win the league - but they have a winning mentality, and are not much better than we would be if we had one.

Tell me this - will we win all 3 of our next league games? Anyone confident? Anyone think as long as we play well, 1 point from 9 will be ok?

I am not saying sack Murray - but let's get some winning mentality into our perspective - that means scoring goals in the opposition net.

He should have plans to bring in better players in the January transfer window - anyone believe we will get better players in?

We are all fans - but if our attitude is that this is anywhere near good enough - then it is no wonder we are where we are and the Club management/directors feel that they are doing ok too.

Tell me this - will we win all 3 of our next league games? Anyone confident? Anyone think as long as we play well, 1 point from 9 will be ok?....

..... We are all fans - but if our attitude is that this is anywhere near good enough - then it is no wonder we are where we are and the Club management/directors feel that they are doing ok too.

Where are you getting this notion that anyone thinks we've been doing fine, and that we don't need to improve significantly?

I am bitterly disappointed this season.We as a family renewed our Season Tickets pretty soon after last season ended.We conceded that things could only get better.How wrong we were.Quite frankly the enthusiasm I have for my beloved team has reached an all rime low.Yes we did OK last Sunday but how many clear cut chances did we have?We are frankly going backwards.It pains me that much smaller clubs like Inverness Ross County Hamilton St Johnstone are a league above us and we are trailing the likes of Raith Falkirk etc in the second tier and dropping points to part time outfits.We interviewed three candidates for the vacancy one has a club at the top of English League 2 another sits witn his club firmly above us at present and we have the guy who now admits he underestimated the size of our beloved club one which only two years ago won a major honour.This says everything for me.Another huge error of judgement by our Board.

I am bitterly disappointed this season.We as a family renewed our Season Tickets pretty soon after last season ended.We conceded that things could only get better.How wrong we were.Quite frankly the enthusiasm I have for my beloved team has reached an all rime low.Yes we did OK last Sunday but how many clear cut chances did we have?We are frankly going backwards.It pains me that much smaller clubs like Inverness Ross County Hamilton St Johnstone are a league above us and we are trailing the likes of Raith Falkirk etc in the second tier and dropping points to part time outfits.We interviewed three candidates for the vacancy one has a club at the top of English League 2 another sits witn his club firmly above us at present and we have the guy who now admits he underestimated the size of our beloved club one which only two years ago won a major honour.This says everything for me.Another huge error of judgement by our Board.

Be patient.

We will be fine.

Patience appears in short supply right now. I reckon that for some on here Massimo Cellino would be a dream chairman as then they can have their wish of a managerial sacking every other month.

Or even sacking a Manager before a competitive match.

Patience appears in short supply right now. I reckon that for some on here Massimo Cellino would be a dream chairman as then they can have their wish of a managerial sacking every other month.

Or even sacking a Manager before a competitive match.

Be patient.

We will be fine.

What is your definition of fine - lets throw this season away as an acclimatisation year and hopefully we will pick up better players next season on the usual reducing budget? OR if we keep getting the results we are, do we keep Murray cos it's too much money to sack him?

So what about the next 3 league games - what results will be fine or ok for YOU?

Edited by Sweeper07

Where are you getting this notion that anyone thinks we've been doing fine, and that we don't need to improve significantly?

Just have a look at the posts about how fine we will be at some unknown point in the future. Or the ones about not sacking a manager because he might end up as good as Alex Ferguson

Just have a look at the posts about how fine we will be at some unknown point in the future. Or the ones about not sacking a manager because he might end up as good as Alex Ferguson

You can't just sack managers after a few bad results when they've hardly got their feet under the table. I'm deeply unimpressed by Murray so far but I am prepared to let him learn from his mistakes, if he shows that he can't then it will be time to bag him.

As you have already decreed that the next 3 games will be defeats then surely 1 point is acceptable?

You are reading something between the lines which is not there!

I like you do not know what the next 3 results will be, but on our recent league form, I can have no confidence we will pick up 9 points - and before the season started, I think most fans would have been thinking that was a real possibility against these teams, or at least we might take 7. More likely is 1, 2, 3 or 4 don't you think?

Anything less than 7 is unacceptable for me - we should be way better than these teams, after all we nearly matched the league leaders last time out, except they took all 3 points!

Low expectations = less disappointments = less achievements = rubbish

Does Sunday's result change anything - his time at Dumbarton showed he has the ability to put out a well organized defensive team and the two games against Newco plus away to Hibs confirm he still has the ability to do so. What he has yet to demonstrate is that he can get wins against the smaller or like-sized teams who will come to GHR looking to frustrate us and to me that means being a bit more aggressive and going with two up front from the start. Unless we can pick up some points and hopefully one win against Falkirk or Raith I don't see that we can claim any progress has been made.

Edited by Bud the Baker

You are reading something between the lines which is not there!

I like you do not know what the next 3 results will be, but on our recent league form, I can have no confidence we will pick up 9 points - and before the season started, I think most fans would have been thinking that was a real possibility against these teams, or at least we might take 7. More likely is 1, 2, 3 or 4 don't you think?

Anything less than 7 is unacceptable for me - we should be way better than these teams, after all we nearly matched the league leaders last time out, except they took all 3 points!

Low expectations = less disappointments = less achievements = rubbish

Fair enough. Hibs is always a tough game, but I don't think 7 from 9 is unreasonable. If it does turn out with 0 points then questions will have to be asked, not by us but by the guys that matter (BOD).

Murray compared to Fergie now.... FFS.... Just FFS....

To be fair I don't think he is. More likely comparing the situation of a manager struggling to find his feet who fans wanted sacked but who turned it around.

Should St Mirren become a sacking club the you'll never attract decent managers. You wanted Stephen Aitken as boss but would he leave a well paid job with good pension entitlement to come here and be subjected to fans wanting him sacked after a couple of bad results?

What is your definition of fine - lets throw this season away as an acclimatisation year and hopefully we will pick up better players next season on the usual reducing budget? OR if we keep getting the results we are, do we keep Murray cos it's too much money to sack him?

So what about the next 3 league games - what results will be fine or ok for YOU?

Upward progress, with calmness and patience and dry breeks from supporters.