Ian Murray Will Come Good

They say the league table doesn't lie and looking at it tonight sickens me. We have some decent young players who maybe aren't quite as good as we and maybe they think they are and some seasoned pros whose best days/performances are behind them. Throw in a complete lack of organisation and seemingly no game plan to speak of and there you have it - St Mirren FC third bottom of the Championship and on what looks like a downward spiral.

F*cken magic eh ! ph34r.png

They say the league table doesn't lie and looking at it tonight sickens me. We have some decent young players who maybe aren't quite as good as we and maybe they think they are and some seasoned pros whose best days/performances are behind them. Throw in a complete lack of organisation and seemingly no game plan to speak of and there you have it - St Mirren FC third bottom of the Championship and on what looks like a downward spiral.

F*cken magic eh ! ph34r.png

Spot on, no matter how some would dress it up, we are currently in place for a play off to avoid relegation, people need to realise that we have played every team in the league and 7 of them have shown they are better than us. Hard fact - we are not very good at all.

Why is it that it was only the ordinary St.Mirren Supporters (The clubs biggest asset) that attended yesterdays match along with commercial manager Campbell Kennedy, albeit their was also 11 men dressed up as St.Mirren Football players and a person dressed up as a football manager of St.Mirren, but then again it was Halloween. Their did not appear to be any of St.Mirren,s BOD,s.

maybe the bod have realised its not even worth going when its free,

Hey, I am not saying they are all poor players in the squad but our squad isn't as great as some suggest. I know about the credentials of the above but we need some perspective. I am aware of for example, Thommos pedigree, however would this 37 year old be an automatic pick for Rangers, Hibs or Falkirk this season? I do no think so. Naismith I rate highly but he is out until March. Watson has a long history of injuries and possibly won't kick a ball again for us. On his game I think he is a decent player but he is with as as no-one else would risk signing him. Conlan is an u21 internationalist but does that make him a good player with us? Or Howieson is a New Zealand internationalist but has been very poor with us. We struggle to find a good first eleven most weeks as we do not have enough decent midfielders for example. I do rate guys like Stewart and Morgan but our squad has deficiencies as our league placing indicates.

I agree on Thommo and did not bother to list Gow's honours or experience and also agree with Naismith and Watson's injuries leave us weakened. The general point I was making is we have a decent amount of players with SPL experience and winning things at national level as well as some good young players and should be doing better than we have as on paper we have a reasonable squad for the league we are in. Someone like Carswell hasn't looked impressive for us but has played regularly for Motherwell when they were finishing 2nd in the SPL.

I agree on Thommo and did not bother to list Gow's honours or experience and also agree with Naismith and Watson's injuries leave us weakened. The general point I was making is we have a decent amount of players with SPL experience and winning things at national level as well as some good young players and should be doing better than we have as on paper we have a reasonable squad for the league we are in. Someone like Carswell hasn't looked impressive for us but has played regularly for Motherwell when they were finishing 2nd in the SPL.

No-one can rest on their laurels otherwise we should play McGarvey, Munro , Stark etc. Some are saying we have such a good squad we should be up challenging. As much as I would like to see it I do not think there would be many St Mirren players in a Championship team of the year and I do not think there would be many that would automatically get a game with the teams currently in the play-off spots. I witnessed a Livingston team of mostly unknowns to me play us off the park two weeks ago and a Falkirk side on Saturday with again many players unknown to me easily beat us for the second time this season. We have some decent players but not enough IMHO to sustain a real challenge. However as I have said I do not believe we are getting nearly enough out of the players we have but tHe management team must take the blame for that. Just my thoughts.

No-one can rest on their laurels otherwise we should play McGarvey, Munro , Stark etc. Some are saying we have such a good squad we should be up challenging. As much as I would like to see it I do not think there would be many St Mirren players in a Championship team of the year and I do not think there would be many that would automatically get a game with the teams currently in the play-off spots. I witnessed a Livingston team of mostly unknowns to me play us off the park two weeks ago and a Falkirk side on Saturday with again many players unknown to me easily beat us for the second time this season. We have some decent players but not enough IMHO to sustain a real challenge. However as I have said I do not believe we are getting nearly enough out of the players we have but tHe management team must take the blame for that. Just my thoughts.

I don't disagree much with what you are saying. Every season, a break from watching St Mirren over the summer months seem to revitalise the optimism of some fans. I never believed we had a squad with lots of top 6 players who were underachieving big time under Danny Lennon. I thought we had lots of players who were ok at our level and weren't consistent to get moves to the genuine top teams and McLean is the only player to have gone to a club doing really well, lots of others have stayed at midtable SPL of bottom 6 SPL level and even some of our best players (McGregor and McGinn) have been top end of the Championship after leaving us.

Langfield's best years will be behind him now but he was first choice goalie at the team who finished 2nd in the SPL last year. I think our signing policy of going mostly for punts on youth development players and loanees stepping up has got to be called into question. I wouldn't want to see us moving back to Gus' policy of signing out of contract journeymen but it would be nice to mix those 2 options up a bit more.

I think we have a good enough squad to be finishing 4th to 6th if we were managed better. Goodwin is the only player from last year who looks better under Murray than under Teale or Craig (Mallan, Kelly, Naismith don't seem to have done better at a lower level with IM and MS in charge).

It's pishypants time again

Lol

Really "Your bed wetting issues projected onto someone else", that is your best comeback as the "TEAM" are out of their depth against Falkirk - 3 v 0 is a mauling we have not been able to deal out to anyone in this crap league.

Good on Hibs yesterday though - they showed that if we had really had the balls at Director level we could have been up there with a chance of beating everyone in this league.

.Last 8 league games - 1 win, 2 draws, 5 defeats = 5 points from 24

To say we are floundering is a serious understatement.

EAGERLY looking for the news that 99 % of Saints fans want - Sack the donkey who canny manage a game of tiddly winks before our season is a complete washout and relegation play-off are the only drama.

The AXE WILL fall this week we hope - and if we do so soon we can get someone in who can have some time to plan drastic team improvements in the January Transfer window.

IF Murray stays we can forget about a Scottish Cup run too!

And Scottish Cup runs are pish.

It's Scottish Cup glory I dream of(not demand).

Nothing worse in the football world than getting papped out in the Semis or losing in the Final.

Stick Cup Runs!!!

Rather get knocked out by Pollok in the first round.

COYS

BRING ON THE HIBEES

Every game with Murray in charge is another week wasted in taking the obviously needed actions that any decent Board would have made LONG before now - Every single week will hinder the next incumbent and our season.

See Dundee Utd managed a win under their new manager?

Every Scottish cup game brings in much needed revenue - and it would be nice for Saints to win some games - SURELY

Oh aye, the Hibees.

Massive Club, who are capable of taking at least 40000 fans to Cup Finals.

51,782 fans at our last Scottish Cup final- What an amazing day - what a truly fab Saints team!!!

more recently against Hearts in the League Cup - Att: 44,036

We don't know how many were Saints fans at either - but there were a lot more than will come to watch the current pis**sh for sure

ALL the best to Alex Miller, and good on him coming to our rescue when we are drowning in the pool of very few points and a distinct lack of cohesion.

We will never forget that he moulded the team that won the cup in 1987 and guided the team into Europe - Anyone remember us beating Slavia Prague 3 v 0 at Love St.?

Shrewd move by the Board, so if Murray keeps failing to pick up 3 points in the next few games, we have someone ready to put in place who could be our new manager - with real experience, ability, and good footballing contacts.

Admittedly, this is no easy task - we need to be reprogrammed with a winning mentality and the squad needs seriously strengthening.

The call goes out to all our players - Give Alex and the fans your full support and your best effort - and just maybe you will pick up some win bonuses and maybe even some prizes or rewards along the way.

I would have no complaints either way.

Points a plenty and a decent team that heads all the way back up into the top league are my primary goals for the mighty Saints of Paisley.

Balance and better quality in the squad have to be part of that! No one will fear us unless we can score goals and tighten up at the other end.

I am not too sure the players have fully rallied behind Murray though! Miller will soon find that out!

Edited by Sweeper07

I would have no complaints either way.

Points a plenty and a decent team that heads all the way back up into the top league are my primary goals for the mighty Saints of Paisley.

Balance and better quality in the squad have to be part of that! No one will fear us unless we can score goals and tighten up at the other end.

I am not too sure the players have fully rallied behind Murray though! Miller will soon find that out!

I'm not saying it was happening but if the players were not fully behind the manger that will surely be booted into touch now that Miller is here. Add his tactical awareness and experience at a higher level and you would like to think he'll have a positive impact.

I'm not saying it was happening but if the players were not fully behind the manger that will surely be booted into touch now that Miller is here. Add his tactical awareness and experience at a higher level and you would like to think he'll have a positive impact.

True...

They capable ones will get behind Miller, the duds Gow, Conlan, Carswell, Agnew etc will side with Murray. No chance of unity now.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Probably shouldn't post while that horrendous performance is still raw, but I need the therapy.

Murray got the job from our clueless BoD because he was a young manager that can string a sentence together and wears sharp suits. I'm ashamed to say he fooled me too, in thinking he was a good appointment.

His initial arrogance, "We are closer to Rangers and Hibs than people think," shows how naive he was when taking the job on. He is a total conman who doesn't have a clue what he's doing. His decisions, especially tactically during games are ridiculous. It's obvious that the players don't respect him and are not playing for him.

He's not going to walk with our BoDs crazy 2 year contract in his pocket. Is there any Buddie out there that thinks he should be given more time? Can Miller guide him and help him develop into a good manager to keep us up and push for promotion next season? I can't see it.

He underestimated what it took to manage a full time team like St Mirren which is incredibly naive for someone who played in England and was an international player. He mucked up at the very start of his Saints career and is too far gone to fix it. Only problem is who do we bring in?