Thommo

Drew.It was absolutely the logical choice for Morgan to replace McMullan.For me the lad McGrath is some distance being ready for first team football.On the subject of Thommo he tired badly in the last half hour and this was evident when a good ball was released to him but he just didn't have the legs.This was right in front of me in the Main Stand.I really couldn't comprehend what the manager was thinking with one sub still available.

I think I sit just behind you in Main Stand and agree totally he was running on empty. Don't know if you noticed as Murray was preparing to bring Shankland on he shouted to Thommo and asked if he was ok to stay on. Murray should probably have made that decision himself.

It seems Morgan was knocking in cross after cross for the U20s last night. This would suggest that those of us who thought that he was the player who should have replaced McMullan on Saturday are onto something.

Morgan is a fantastic crosser of the ball as he's shown on the chances he's had in the first team this season.

I'm sure Craig Brewster and Mixu both played and scored at higher levels while older and arguably not as fit as Thommo.

But then they played in an era where we played 2 strikers up front and they would have someone to run the channels and feed off knock downs.

Modern fitba is PISH.

Totally.

Brewster had Stevie Crawford to do the running beside him at Dunfermline. And he had Dargo at Inverness!

We should be playing 2 up front for sure.

At the moment with this IM style of football I am reminded of wee moaning face and his if you want entertainment quote.

I guess you're implying The Sainted Gus? smile.png

If so, then it wasn't his quote.

It was Kilmarnock's Manager Jefferies who said it. Lovely Gus has been pilloried for something to which he only alluded.

Edited by bluto

If you want entertainment go watch clowns - Alan Durban 1980/81 season.

His post-match comment after a defeat at Highbury when criticized for negative tactics - it's in Nick Hornby's book Fever Pitch.

If anyone can find an earlier variation on the theme, I will happily bow down and acknowledge them - à la Wayne's World!

I've given you a 'like' for this mainly because I don't understand a feckin word. Not your fault, I'm sure. Maybe too deep for me.

If you want entertainment go watch clowns - Alan Durban 1980/81 season.

His post-match comment after a defeat at Highbury when criticized for negative tactics - it's in Nick Hornby's book Fever Pitch.

If anyone can find an earlier variation on the theme, I will happily bow down and acknowledge them - à la Wayne's World!

I have looked. Really LOOKED...

I don't think your back is going to be too sore with the bowing...

• 3 weeks later...

Heard from a little birdy that Ayr Utd. were interested in him pre-season, now I love the big man but he's not gonna turn in the 15-20 goals we all hoped for this season - should we be looking to move him on at the January window?

*hides behind the sofa*

You might have thought given we've played around 16 games now in all comps that Murray would have conceeded that playing a thirty six year old striker on his own up front is not delivering with goals, hold up play or asking different questions of an opponents defence.

It just doesnt work....

Thommo needs to start on the bench, come on as an impact sub, mix it up, do his shift little and often.

Edited by Lord Pityme

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the comments on Rooney, sounded all too familiar.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34633786

Playing Thommo a bit deeper and having Shankland playing beyond him for flick ons would cause most defences in the league problems. Thommo still has a big part to play, just not leading the line.