The St Mirren Legend Danny Lennon Is Coming Home

shull

He absolutely deserves an appreciative reception from the fans. He was denied this upon leaving by the board and it was the least they could and should have afforded him for his efforts.

He was an absolute stellar success as St

Mirren boss in relative terms of the last three decades and history will reflect this.

I personally think , a very warm welcome to Danny is not only the right thing , but it is the deserved thing.

In recent history , i have not known a manager try improve , club profile , relationship with the town and the genuine desire to bring the fans closer to the club.

The 'open day' training sessions , bring the family , come and see what we are doing , what we are trying to achieve approach was a very healthy addition to our club and support.

He always held the club , the town and the support in high regard at 'This wonderful football club'

Always positive , when we as fans sometimes found it hard to be.

Danny Lennon may well be at another club , his tenure may have come to a natural end, despite winning the League cup, I wonder though, how much have fans enjoyed it since his departure ? .... Judging by most threads on here , not very much.

Danny Lennon has earned a warm welcome in Paisley , he gave to the club , the town , the fans ....lets give him something back prior to the game.

:)

I appreciate the memories of the league cup final and he deserves a good reception but we had many dire performances under Danny as well. Just because we made a horrendous mistake appointing Tommy Craig doesn't mean everything was rosy in the garden under Lennon, it certainly wasn't.

I appreciate the memories of the league cup final and he deserves a good reception but we had many dire performances under Danny as well. Just because we made a horrendous mistake appointing Tommy Craig doesn't mean everything was rosy in the garden under Lennon, it certainly wasn't.

I think for the way he conducted himself with regards to the town , the club , the fans in itself should be recognised and for that I think a warm welcome is due. It does not need to be on-field matters alone that we should show appreciation for.

:)

I think for the way he conducted himself with regards to the town , the club , the fans in itself should be recognised and for that I think a warm welcome is due. It does not need to be on-field matters alone that we should show appreciation for.

smile.png

He was indeed a lovely guy and that can't be said for all managers. I agree with showing our appreciation but hopefully Ian Murray will provide us with some memorable days as well.

Of course it wasn't but Danny and Gus before him both left the club in a better state than they joined it in.

History will see two of our highest placed finishes in 3 decades and most importantly a national cup under Danny. No one will remember the poor performances of the summer of Cowdenbeath and the dreadful start of his last season.

Unfortunately for Gus, history will gloss over the league win and challenge cup win due to the indignity of losing a national cup final to 9 men but that doesn't mean his achievements should be disparaged. He will also get a warm applause from me should he ever return in an opposite dugout.

U for real we had dire performances under Lennon

Christ. I'll take they dire performances any day above the shite we watch now

When u actually look at what Lennon achieved And like folk say the way he spoke about the team town And fans. This guy. Is as close to tony fitzy fir sheer class as you could posdibly get

I think that it is fair and realistic to allow Ian Murray time to get a team who play attractive football and win games. Danny Lennon had 4 years to try and get it right, Ian Murray has had 8 games.

Big article in the Evening Times with Danny Lennon who is looking forward to seeing the Saints fans as he did not get a chance to say good bye.

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13798613.My_big_regret_over_St_Mirren_exit_is_not_getting_chance_to_thanks_fans__says_former_Buddies_boss_Danny_Lennon_ahead_of_Paisley_return/

I found it very strange today to see Danny Lennon in the away dugout!

And where was our manager????

No yet another baffling decision in a must win game not to be on the side lines.

History tells me Danny Lennon is a cup winning St.Mirren manager!

Common sense tells me Ian Murray never will be!

DANNY LENNON ST.MIRREN LEGEND!

Danny Lennon was in the same dugout he always occupied.whistling.gif