Please Alloa Can We Have Our Manager Back!

^^^

THIS

It is like saying you got "boooted out" a pub - just because it is closing time!

Whatever happened with DL's contract it was not really akin to being asked to leave a pub at closing time. As far as i can remember SGG declined to say any manager was expected to make the top 6. We have no idea what targets were set for DL during his time as manager. Teale was quoted as saying when he was asked to take over from Craig that no targets or timeframe was set for him by the board except they hoped he would improve performances and results. If the same woolly approach to measuring how a manager was performing during DL's tenure I'm sure he will feel aggrieved he avoided relegation and play-offs every year, had 2 8th placed finishes, a few cup runs and a League Cup win and probably met every objective in his contract and no new deal was offered.

SGG said when Craig was appointed that top 6 still wasn't expected, but he hoped that by the time of the split we would not be worried about relegation or play offs by that stage of the season at least some of the time.

I really can't understand this misty eyed view of Danny. The fact is, there was a groundswell of opinion on here throughout his last season that his time was up. The fact he is now managing alloa maybe is an illustration of others views of his managerial attributes.

I really can't understand this misty eyed view of Danny. The fact is, there was a groundswell of opinion on here throughout his last season that his time was up. The fact he is now managing alloa maybe is an illustration of others views of his managerial attributes.

A groundswell ?. sorry but that's just bollocks, the majority of forum users wanted Danny

to stay as manager and that's a FACT.

With the utter garbage we've put up with since, I think the majority have been proven correct,

it wasn't always pretty under Danny but the realistic fan's amongst us could understand he

was doing a good job with a limited budget, cup wins, 8th place finishes, not a bad record

for a so called shite manager ...

Now look at us, we;re a fcuking joke of a club, and the whole place needs wiped out, starting

from the very top, so get prepared buddies for a decade of total shitiness it's coming your way..

Edited by scrappy coco

A groundswell ?. sorry but that's just bollocks, the majority of forum users wanted Danny

With the utter garbage we've put up with since, I think the majority have been proven correct,

it wasn't always pretty under Danny but the realistic fan's amongst us could understand he

was doing a good job with a limited budget, cup wins, 8th place finishes, not a bad record

Now look at us, we;re a fcuking joke of a club, and the whole place needs wiped out, starting

from the very top, so get prepared buddies for a decade of total shitiness it's coming your way..

Disagree. I think the majority felt that it was time for change. I think a manager in Scottish football, due to the stagnant nature of the league, only has a limited shelf life of 3-4 years and that happened with Danny.

However, I think if anyone knew that the next in Line was Tommy Craig then nobody would have wanted change.

Correct. Lots of folk implied it was time to freshen things up and get us to the next level ..................whistling.gif

Problem is that lifts go down as well as up.

The only ex manager we should be asking back is ferguson the only one that sparked a fire under a team and the town

We can but dream. In fact ask him to buy St Mirren. Dreaming but boy would it be great

He wouldn't touch us with a barge pole.

You can only state something is factual based on some form of evidence. You are implying a fact so what evidence can you put forward to substantiate what YOU claim is a fact? I liked Danny but people forget his long line of poor signings that cost the club a shitload of money? It was time for a change but the Board are to blame for the mess we are in simply by not bringing in a suitable replacement for Danny.

What I do recall about reaction on here to DL, (and the evidence from my own eyes) is that DL got Saints playing tippy-tappy but more attractive possession fitba.

Gus got sufficient by way of results but I preferred dental appointments to watching his teams.

DL was good enough to merit an extension. He'd learnt with St Mirren, knew the players and the league. He had respect, too.... Or Thommo and Tealzo would never have signed.

I think it was a vocal minority who wanted change simply due to short attention spans, billyg.... :whistle:

Edited by bluto

What I do recall about reaction on here to DL, (and the evidence from my own eyes) is that DL got Saints playing tippy-tappy but more attractive possession fitba.

Gus got sufficient by way of results but I preferred dental appointments to watching his teams.

DL was good enough to merit an extension. He'd learnt with St Mirren, knew the players and the league. He had respect, too.... Or Thommo and Tealzo would never have signed.

I think it was a vocal minority who wanted change simply due to short attention spans, billyg.... whistling.gif:

The tippy tappy football worked for a few games and then other teams quickly sussed Danny's plan A out.... He didn't have a plan B.. We were dire for the majority of Danny's last season and he would have been gone well before if we hadn't won the league cup... that bought him more time to improve us, he didn't and the rest is history. The car crash decisions by the BOD since are why we are here. If we'd appointed a proper manager after Danny instead of TC, we'd still be in the top league.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

Think it goes without question, that the worst team in the league thus far is US. Not a complaint, just a fact, but hey that's what happens when we change back room, coaching staff, managers and players. If results don't turn Murray will be sacked, but ............... wait for it.............. your heard it here first.............. results will turn. Murray sits in stand cause he is looking to see how the formations are working............ we are work(hard work) in process.

Think some twats on this forum want the Watford format , 6 managers in a 18 month spell, or better Sunderland fans , who stay for 40 mins, this season was never going to be easy, the championship is every bit as hard as the Premiership, that's a fact,

Think it goes without question, that the worst team in the league thus far is US. Not a complaint, just a fact, but hey that's what happens when we change back room, coaching staff, managers and players. If results don't turn Murray will be sacked, but ............... wait for it.............. your heard it here first.............. results will turn. Murray sits in stand cause he is looking to see how the formations are working............ we are work(hard work) in process.

Think some twats on this forum want the Watford format , 6 managers in a 18 month spell, or better Sunderland fans , who stay for 40 mins, this season was never going to be easy, the championship is every bit as hard as the Premiership, that's a fact,

We are not the worse team, there are 2 below us. When or if we are bottom then you can make that claim. We are awful, tough to watch but Livvie and Alloa are worse than us. Our points tally demonstrates that albeit a flimsy/clutching at straws belief.

You can only state something is factual based on some form of evidence. You are implying a fact so what evidence can you put forward to substantiate what YOU claim is a fact? I liked Danny but people forget his long line of poor signings that cost the club a shitload of money? It was time for a change but the Board are to blame for the mess we are in simply by not bringing in a suitable replacement for Danny.

Is this enough evidence for you.....

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php/topic/38241-how-would-you-vote-at-the-board-meeting-on-dannys-new-contract/

Rangers, Raith Rovers, Dumbarton, Alloa have all changed mangers. backroom teams, most of their squads in the last 6 months as well. Dumbarton seem to have improved without Murray and Spalding and Raith have gone from being 6th last season to 2nd at the moment, Rangers have improved from 3rd to 1st, Alloa are currently ahead of Livi who finished above them. How come its only us who need to give our manager time to settle in - he took weeks to appoint an assistant, went off on holiday, came back went and did some coaching badges while other teams mentioned were signing their squads before the season started.

Rangers, Raith Rovers, Dumbarton, Alloa have all changed mangers. backroom teams, most of their squads in the last 6 months as well. Dumbarton seem to have improved without Murray and Spalding and Raith have gone from being 6th last season to 2nd at the moment, Rangers have improved from 3rd to 1st, Alloa are currently ahead of Livi who finished above them. How come its only us who need to give our manager time to settle in - he took weeks to appoint an assistant, went off on holiday, came back went and did some coaching badges while other teams mentioned were signing their squads before the season started.

Raith's entire recruitment policy seems to be based around recycling players from other clubs. Looking at recent line ups not one player for them has come through any kind of youth system of theirs. Obviously it is working out just now for them but long term it is surely better to try and bring through your own players.

Raith's entire recruitment policy seems to be based around recycling players from other clubs. Looking at recent line ups not one player for them has come through any kind of youth system of theirs. Obviously it is working out just now for them but long term it is surely better to try and bring through your own players.

I thought the point of taking Murray on was he knew the division well and knew what kind of players we would need to aim for the play offs? He said as soon as he was appointed he needed senior pros to complement the promising young players we already had at the club. First up he signed Gow, followed by Thompson. Then he started taking punts on loanees from other team's U20 squads and signed Agnew (possible still the only player from the Championship he has signed). Then part way through pre-season Murray announced our youngsters were so good he may not need to sign as many senior pros as he originally thought. Then he signed Langfield, Webster, Shankland and McGrath in the last week of the transfer window or thereabouts.

Maybe Raith's policy of signing players from other clubs who have been tried and tested at this level is better than us hoping all our under 20's make the step up, along with all our young loanees stepping up, and hoping Thommo gets fit and Gow leads by example in more than 6 league games this season?