Beer Back From The Dead. Rest In Yeast...

pozbaird

I'd bring back Breaker Malt Liquor - need these guys to crack on....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-34538212

While they're at it. Can they bring back Love Street, Fergie's Furies, and Listen Records on the High Street? Anyone remember beers and lagers from the old days that should be brought back?

ah, so it was the vile taste that caused the strop.............

Have not seen it at all , didnt know it was still circulating, maybe that's cos its off my radar, whistling.gifthought hoped it got barred

It is readily available at your local Morr*sons for immediate purchase - if , you are still so , inclined. .get some. .shuriken.gif

I'd bring back Breaker Malt Liquor - need these guys to crack on....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-34538212

While they're at it. Can they bring back Love Street, Fergie's Furies, and Listen Records on the High Street? Anyone remember beers and lagers from the old days that should be brought back?

I remember Breaker was a big thing when it came out thanks to TV advertising. Sold , up the park as a 16 year old with the mates that's about as much as I remember.

I remember Breaker was a big thing when it came out thanks to TV advertising. Sold , up the park as a 16 year old with the mates that's about as much as I remember.

That brings back memories of cycling round Seedhill with mates aff wur tits on Merrydown cider and Special Brew... Ah, such innocent days, see weans today though ! ;-)

Furstenberg - aka house wrecker punk.gif

They had it on draught in the Buroo union in Hunter St. Rotten, but hit the spot.

ETA - on reflection, maybe it was just bottles. No great surprise that my recollection is somewhat hazy.

Edited by Drew

Schlitz. Always preferred it over that swill called Bud.

Me too.

Used to drink it quite often in the early to mid-eighties, then it seemed to suddenly disappear. sad.png

I also used to like Belhaven beers in the eighties before it morphed into that sacrilegious nitrokeg pish.thumbdown.gif

Labattes, Molsen, Red Stripe and Castlemaine 4X all regularly consumed when I was a youth in the 80s but none of them would be given house room now. Beer is one thing that has improved massively over the years Imo.

All those lagers were heavily advertised at the time but l think the only one I liked back then was Red Stripe. I don't know what gets advertised now as I rarely watch the tv now and certainly never watch the adverts but our home grown lagers have always tended to be like soda water. .

Once upon a time I did a contract in the Guinness brewery at Park Royal (RIP).

From our office, we had to use catwalks wending above/through the vast vats brewing magic liquids to get to the canteen.

After filling our trays with an excellent array of free food, we could then choose a refreshment from...

Guinness, Harp Lager or their cider (can't recall the brand, now). You could have a pint glass, a half... Whatever size you fancied.

And go back for more. Also all free. There were no controls nor sanctions for over-imbibing.

The novelty soon passed.

(Ms bluto had a similar experience summer-working - while she was a student - in a Netherlands chocolate factory.)

Eta: think it was Blackthorn Dry Cider.

Edited by bluto

I once did the tour of the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen. You went in through big doors that had big stone Elephants on either side of the door. They also made Elephant Beer which was pretty strong stuff, but apparently not as strong as the 'Special Brew' that they made back in these days.

I think the Special Brew has been toned down a bit since then or at least that's my memory telling me that, not that you had much of a memory after 2 SB's! clap.gif