Div's Home Page Story

Ronnie

The main worry about just now is were playing so poorly that end up in trouble. Why is it so hard to win in Paisley? I get that it was toughen the premier but now murray keeps saying that it's so tough to win games? Well it isn't tough for Falkirk, Raith, Queens,morton etc. We don't look like winning ever really and the match we won at Livingston was a real smash and grab as they played us off the park. Bar queens away we've been rubbish and it isn't getting any better. Murray said he knew he wouldn't be there if we were second bottom at Xmas, well we were second bottom yesterday until queens scored. It's been really sad to see our decline but we can't accept it or else we will be the next dunfermline. We need to demand better and strive for better and I really feel the best thing to do would be to get Alex miller to rip it apart and start again.

So, I agree with the original article, but what do the fans realistically expect from the board? The world knows they want out, in the past 3 years there's been zero suitable parties who have the financial clout that want in. So, there's no more money coming from the board. With 20/20 hindsight there have been mistakes made with recent management appointments and the club has payed a heavy price for it.

It's been mentioned on P&B that they could mibbies get rid of Murray next month on the cheap due to something put in to his contract. Can't see any proven big names knocking down the stadium doors to get their CV in to the boardroom. Don't get me wrong, the lack of progress has been frustrating and the performances, on the whole, have been wank. So what to do? Keeping out of debt seems to be a no brainer. I am as frustrated as the next guy, and I want 'something' done but let's be realistic. If a generous/stupid benefactor isn't on the horizon, what do the fans want from Gilmore and Co?

How do you know?

The article pretty well hits the mark. I would only disagree in one respect. It seems the League Cup win is being used as some kind of datum point. In terms of the league it is meaningless and the league is my only concern. We were poor in the league before, during and after the League Cup run. The team that season should at least have been challenging for the top six, and was (like every season since promotion) nowhere near it. Ending a miserable campaign the following season in eighth place was no achievement when considering how the league looked at the split – the only real yardstick season on season.

That we have now descended to the current situation does not alter our earlier failures.

Funny Div never articulated much of this previously when I, and one or two others have done so. Then again plagirism is one of the prized tools of a budding journalist/commentator....

Should I be flattered....?

Does it occur to you that perhaps no-one is remotely interested in your tiresome slabberings?

Edited by Drew

The home form was hardly brilliant at Love Street in the SPL either. We had three league wins there the first season (I think we managed about a point and a goal after the turn of the year), seven the next and then three in the half season before the switch.

Edited by Stu

This disasterous season reminds me of an old Ripping Yarns episode titled 'Golden Graham'

Extremely relevant to how we all feel at present (although I haven't quite got round to wrecking the house,,,,,,,yet!!)

I was thinking exactly that as I travelled home from Falkirk.

Really

Some guy on FB said 18 i believed him,

Considering we took ages to get our first league win at the place

Only 2 wins last season and none so far

Quite decent in cups though

Went on statto.com and counted them. 3 league wins last season also. 12 wins in cup competitions in total.

Last game at Love street, January 3rd 2009, more than six and a half years ago.

Crude average of just about 5 home wins a season....................jeezuzf**kinwept

For League games only I calculated the average was less than 4 games per season. Cup wins against diddier teams than us take it to giddy heights of 5 games a season. :(