Stadium Security

I can just see isis chiefs kicking themselves for missing the opportunity to send a suicide bomber to a match live on BBC alba in Paisley.

Heads will roll in isis HQ for missing out on such a high profile event.

They could have done £millions worth of improvements and done more to boost the towns chances of winning the City of Culture bid than anything the incompitent council have done.

The point I made was salient though. Searches should be being done at every Scottish football match. At the Clyde game today there was security on the turnstiles checking bags and there wasn't a single smoke bomb in sight

They could have done £millions worth of improvements and done more to boost the towns chances of winning the City of Culture bid than anything the incompitent council have done.

The point I made was salient though. Searches should be being done at every Scottish football match. At the Clyde game today there was security on the turnstiles checking bags and there wasn't a single smoke bomb in sight

Smoke bombs are easier to conceal than ak47s.

Only way you could be 100% sure that no smoke bombs are sneaked in is to carry out full strip searches of everyone entering.

Are you seriously comparing smoke bombs to terrorist attacks and if so will you be happy being stripped searched before each game?

He can't have been in attendance.

Dicko has previously stated that he won't pay into our stadium while SGG and co are in charge. He must have watched it on his Throne at home in his bathroom as he has TV's everywhere don't you know?

If my memory serves me right, doesn't he throw his TVs at shop assistants? Classy.

I also really feel for any steward who has to deal with it when Dicko offers up his sphincter for a cavity search. f**k that.

Pish, Pish and more Pish. Stewards do check bags at the stadium. They did it on Friday night like they do it at every game. Smoke bombs are tiny in size and easily hidden by anyone. This was a local derby - the first in the new stadium and the first in a league match for 16 years. What was the big game Clyde were playing? You just like to ride your high horse and have a go at all things St Mirren. You have taken your neurosis to a completely new level with this insane thread. And your point is not salient - it is ridiculous and obsessional.

If my memory serves me right, doesn't he throw his TVs at shop assistants? Classy.

I also really feel for any steward who has to deal with it when Dicko offers up his sphincter for a cavity search. f**k that.

The only person who'd be capable of performing that would be James Herriott.

Smoke bombs are easier to conceal than ak47s.

Only way you could be 100% sure that no smoke bombs are sneaked in is to carry out full strip searches of everyone entering.

Are you seriously comparing smoke bombs to terrorist attacks and if so will you be happy being stripped searched before each game?

Rubbish. Smoke bombs that are used in football stadiums are the size of a half bottle of whisky. There's no way anyone should be getting into a football stadium with that. However, regardless. We are not talking about searches that failed to stop the culprit, we're talking about a volitile derby match played a week after the UK went into high security mode and there not being any searches whatsoever outside the stadium.

Its a failing of the Match Day Commander and of those running the stewards.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Rubbish. Smoke bombs that are used in football stadiums are the size of a half bottle of whisky. There's no way anyone should be getting into a football stadium with that. However, regardless. We are not talking about searches that failed to stop the culprit, we're talking about a volitile derby match played a week after the UK went into high security mode and there not being any searches whatsoever outside the stadium.

comedy gold.

I suggest you arrange a meeting with the police match day commander, Brian Caldwell and head of security to put forward your case.

How do you know there were no searches taking place? I witnessed bags being searched when I entered the stadium and I also saw checks taking place at the away turnstiles.

Smoke bombs can be very easy to smuggle into stadiums as they can be the size of a 50p. You are getting confused with flares which were not used.

Perhaps fans did come to ground with flares, but got turned away by the fashion police.

Were you at the game and monitoring every turnstile? I thought you said you would never pay into St Mirren while SGG was in charge.

The smoke bombs that are the size of a 50p are for children's parties, indoor use only. I'm not getting confused with anything.

And I didn't pay admission on Friday.

absolutely. 9/11, 7/7 and the paris bombings were simply test exercises. what terrorists were really after was bombing the saints morton derby match. i heard it was the stadium design which was the straw the broke the camels back for them. Edited by oaksoft

Despite people explaining and posting links showing these devices you still persist in your agenda driven argument.

Perhaps the fact there have been zero suicide attacks or aircraft used as guided missiles on St.mirren Park is a direct result of the security measures put in place.

Or perhaps you're just being a fanny and using terrorist atrocities in your latest petty dig at St.mirren?

Even if the "half bottle" analogy was true it would conceal perfectly inside a sock. Your average smoke bomb weilding ned would take it in concealed in a placky bag ???? wtf. All bags are searched hence why it would have been concealed elsewhere. What next ever fan fully frisked. f**k the terrorists it's exactly the type of reaction (as in the op) they are trying to create. I for one will be going about my day to day business as I choose. I never give a thought to possible terror attacks at any venue I visit and I would implore every one else to adopt the same "f**kem" attitude.

Despite people explaining and posting links showing these devices you still persist in your agenda driven argument.

Perhaps the fact there have been zero suicide attacks or aircraft used as guided missiles on St.mirren Park is a direct result of the security measures put in place.

Or perhaps you're just being a fanny and using terrorist atrocities in your latest petty dig at St.mirren?

8m3 of smoke. Do you think that would work in a football stadium? In the open air? Seriously get your tongue out of the cowards arse. He knows f**k all.

Even if the "half bottle" analogy was true it would conceal perfectly inside a sock. Your average smoke bomb weilding ned would take it in concealed in a placky bag wtf. All bags are searched hence why it would have been concealed elsewhere. What next ever fan fully frisked. f**k the terrorists it's exactly the type of reaction (as in the op) they are trying to create. I for one will be going about my day to day business as I choose. I never give a thought to possible terror attacks at any venue I visit and I would implore every one else to adopt the same "f**kem" attitude.

it's not an analogy. To generate the amount of smoke that was emitted at the match on Friday you are talking about "smoke grenades" which are roughly 6" long. All bags were not searched. I had a bag with me on Friday - I wasn't searched or asked to open the bag. Neither was the guy in front of me who had several black bags - I presume from the club shop. There wasn't even a steward or a police officer on the gate such was the lax level of security.

I agree with going about our day to day business as we choose, but those with a duty of care to others should at least have been on the ball, especially on Friday night.

7 days after the events in Paris where THREE suicide bombers attacked a football match that was live on TV, you would have thought that security might have been tighter at the game last night. There was a perfectly observed minutes silence to remember the events in Paris. Yet in amongst it all you've got a match day commander who has forgotten to instruct stewards to check bags and to do searches to ensure nothing goes amiss.

In the end it's only two smoke bombs but if you can smuggle that in 7 days after the events in Paris, what else could someone with more evil intent have got in?

I couldn't believe the lack of security last night. A shocking bollocking dropped

I wouldn't want any of those thick yellow vested cretinous imbeciles near any of my personal effects, feckin dopey cùnts are about

as much use as a trap door in a canoe!

Edited by murray street

Safety is everyone's responsibility. Should we not observe more diligenty, stare at our ST holders and fellow supporters next to us, report any suspicions or even just shop them on the basis of our own paranoia..............

I know, we should consider setting up a St Mirren Security text alert , linked straight to the Anti terrorist branch.

This thread is extremely poor.

If the OP had any common decency he would have taken it down and apologised to the professional's whose name he has tried to blacken.

The ignorance is apparent, particuarly when challenged over his claim regarding the size of a smokebomb. A quick search on google or bing (other search engines are available) will show a number of small smokebomb style products that could easily fit inside the pocket.

Halfwitted, thoughtless threads like this are what can give a fine forum like this a bad name. The more I type the angrier I am getting.

As a supporter of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad can I point out that I have attended a high number of games at our ground and not once have I been remotely aware of my personal safety being compromised in any way. As such I feel it necessary to point out the fine job that the steward's and Police continue to do in this respect. Thank you for your fine and professional.