Alex Rae... Should He Be Allowed To Pick His Own Assistant?

Alex Rae... Should he pick his own Assistant?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hasn't it already been said that scouts and first team coaching staff come out of the same budget?

Maybe Rae is allowed to pick his own assistant but is unhappy that this will have an impact on his playing budget for January?

Edited by davidg

Hasn't it already been said that scouts and first team coaching staff come out of the same budget?

Maybe Rae is allowed to pick his own assistant but is unhappy that this will have an impact on his playing budget for January?

I would wager this is nearer the truth .....Just a guess mind you.

I cannot believe the OP is suggesting that he wouldn't be allowed to make that choice.

Maybe, or maybe it's just a simple case that he has discovered that within his playing budget there isn't enough cash left available to recruit the man he wants. I would imagine that also in his budget would be any payments still being made to Mark Spalding or to Ian Murray, and possibly even to Tommy Craig since covering the cost of paying any of them off won't come from any other part of the business.

Assuming we agree that an assistant manager is necessary ( I`d never heard of such a thing until the 80s), then surely as with the appointment of a manager, a set of interviews would be required (dont snigger at the back) and the best man given the job.

Naturally I have said that with tongue on cheek - and frogs have large cheeks remember - this is football managers we are talking about. The kind of person who gets massive salaries whereas in normal life, they wouldnt be able to fill out an application form, lol.

Merry xmas from this amphibian, lovely weather for my type and heres hoping for a massive improvement in our teams performances soon.

Assuming we agree that an assistant manager is necessary ( I`d never heard of such a thing until the 80s), then surely as with the appointment of a manager, a set of interviews would be required (dont snigger at the back) and the best man given the job.

Naturally I have said that with tongue on cheek - and frogs have large cheeks remember - this is football managers we are talking about. The kind of person who gets massive salaries whereas in normal life, they wouldnt be able to fill out an application form, lol.

Merry xmas from this amphibian, lovely weather for my type and heres hoping for a massive improvement in our teams performances soon.

Well they need a soft cushion for their big fat bodies. whistling.gif

Have a Hoppy New Year when it comes.

Edited by pod