Sign in to follow this  
Stuart Dickson

I Told You Nhs Workers Were Workshy....

Whilst I have been banging on about workshy teachers in Scotland doing next to nothing and getting all stressed about it please don't think I've missed that other bunch of workshy tax payer funded scroungers in the NHS. I see a group of charlatans amongst their workforce have formed a choir - released a singled - appeared on countless radio and tv programmes to promote the single and have managed to get it to number 1 in the Christmas charts. As a result of their successes their bosses are pledging to continue to give the choir members time off work to pursue more singing success, on the same day that taxpayers are being warned to stay away from A&E departments in the NHS to help reduce the strain on the service during this busy festive season. thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

What?!? You're joking?!? There's nothing I like more on Boxing Day than heading off to A&E at the RAH for a wee look and now it seems I'm being told to stay away? Ridiculous. I blame the government for ruining Christmas. Guess I'll just have to go to the football instead.

He's revelling in all the attention you lavish upon him.

BuddieinEK has it right.

i know you auld yins are a bit slow sometimes but you raise this point so often that it strikes that it probably hasnt dawned on you that you are allowed to let others think and decide stuff for themselves and you are also allowed to ignore an entire thread.

div calls it his two for the price of one forum deal.

chill out dude and leave us young uns to play with the bad man.

You are a f**king arsehole, I work in the NHS and im here to tell we all work really hard, in fact like a lot of NHS workers I was working on Xmas day, One day soon I hope your gonna need us NHS workers, Your comments are offensive and you are sad lonely man. I can say that cos the day I unfortunately met you that's what I thought straight away, The next time meet you I wont be so nice you despicable bastard. Think its time Div removed you from this form.

i wonder what profession he will pick on next?

if only everyone worked as hard as him.

maybe he just gets bored with all that spare time he has.

i have never met anyone so obsessed with the number of hours people work.

not this century anyway.

Edited by oaksoft

i know you auld yins are a bit slow sometimes but you raise this point so often that it strikes that it probably hasnt dawned on you that you are allowed to let others think and decide stuff for themselves and you are also allowed to ignore an entire thread.

div calls it his two for the price of one forum deal.

chill out dude and leave us young uns to play with the bad man.

Sorry, oakstur, but some Buddies are still wondering how to give others thebodyswerve...

There's a new "range" of posters through every year.

I need to keep topping THEM up with knowledge of what to do and how to do so.

div provides the tools: I point them out. :)

Aye very good. Lets see what happens next time your down in A&E with one of your kids of an early evening and you discover your wait time's been increased cause staff have been given time off to go for a choir rehearsal. Or when you discover that your elderly relative has been neglected in the ward cause a couple of the ward nurses were warbling for 105 minutes in the auditorium. I can just imagine the seethe. I know for a fact you won't be lauding their skive then no matter what charity it's for.

Will the money raised cover the cost of the agency staff required to fill in while they f**k off around the country hawking themselves around for public appearance - as their website is attempting to do? There is supposed to be a shortage of doctors on the wards yet this choir is loaded with them. How can that be right?

It reminds me of my days at college where the lads used to go out to give blood cause it was a "good skive" - sadly this crew are being allowed to do it in work time at the expense of patient care. And you think it's OK? At the taxpayers expense? You disgust me!

perhaps you can show me where it says they did this during working hours.

Sorry, oakstur, but some Buddies are still wondering how to give others thebodyswerve...

Stop pointing me out. :)

young people hate unsolicited advice. always best to help those who ask for help rather than assuming they need yiur special brand.

As a vegetarian, I had neither turkey, chicken, ham, or any such thing. Instead, I made a lentil and cider loaf with a rich tomato sauce, roast potatoes, and butter sautéed Veg and chestnuts. It seemed to be very well received (as always).

The cider was interesting. Kopperberg (sp?), made with apple and cinnamon. Very nice, and a wee Christmas variation on the usual pear option I use. The lentils are cooked in the cider, as opposed to water. I think it was originally a Rose Elliott recipe.

To be fair, Oaksoft has a point about the rest of us sticking our neb' in and advising others about the 'ignore' function, or not to bite, or to talk about turkey and stuffing on a Dicko' thread. For 2016 my resolution is to follow this advice. Threads of this nature should therefore look like this....

Thread starter: Dicko.

Replies:

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Thanks for the advice mate. I will be absolutely fcuking delighted to bow out of such a wankfest of increasingly cringeworthy one-upmanship holier-than-thou, argumentative never-ending whataboutery.

Roll on 2016!

As a vegetarian, I had neither turkey, chicken, ham, or any such thing. Instead, I made a lentil and cider loaf with a rich tomato sauce, roast potatoes, and butter sautéed Veg and chestnuts. It seemed to be very well received (as always).

The cider was interesting. Kopperberg (sp?), made with apple and cinnamon. Very nice, and a wee Christmas variation on the usual pear option I use. The lentils are cooked in the cider, as opposed to water. I think it was originally a Rose Elliott recipe.

Farts must be lethal today though.

Aye, and I'll be sitting a short distance from you, today. I'll say hello at HT.

Not going mate. Still bruised and sore from my recent fall. Once I get into the car I can drive OK, but getting down and getting my bum into the seat and slowly trying to swing my legs in is not good yet... Ouch, ouch, ouch etc... Moan, moan, moan... Silly auld' idiot.... Going to tune in to St Mirren radio and remain propped-up on the sofa with the remnants of my painkiller supply and left over turkey.

Should be OK for the next home game. COYS.

Edited by pozbaird

No viscerated hamster? Tsk!

perhaps you can show me where it says they did this during working hours.

Use Google yourself. You'll find the recruitment ad for the choir and the times and location of their practice. You may also note their hawking themselves out for personal appearances anywhere in the UK....all for charideee of course....whilst being paid by the taxpayer.

Even if you can't use Google for yourself it's not hard to reason out. A lone shift work singer recording or doing appearances might be able to do it in his own time, a band of say 4 or 5...yep maybe although it'd be tougher. A whole feckin choir of shift workers....no f**king chance.

To be fair, Oaksoft has a point about the rest of us sticking our neb' in and advising others about the 'ignore' function, or not to bite, or to talk about turkey and stuffing on a Dicko' thread. For 2016 my resolution is to follow this advice. Threads of this nature should therefore look like this....

Thread starter: Dicko.

Replies:

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Oaksoft

Dickson

Thanks for the advice mate. I will be absolutely fcuking delighted to bow out of such a wankfest of increasingly cringeworthy one-upmanship holier-than-thou, argumentative never-ending whataboutery.

Roll on 2016!

wow. did santa not bring you what you asked for?