Well Done Ekfc

Stuart Dickson

I was really delighted today to see David McKenna, a man I know well from the LFDA Leagues, on TV saying that if his side get through against Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale that they intend to play the match against Celtic at K Park in East Kilbride. It's a very small venue with around 500 seats but it's a smashing place to play football. Well done to them for rejecting the opportunity to cash in.

I was really delighted today to see David McKenna, a man I know well from the LFDA Leagues, on TV saying that if his side get through against Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale that they intend to play the match against Celtic at K Park in East Kilbride. It's a very small venue with around 500 seats but it's a smashing place to play football. Well done to them for rejecting the opportunity to cash in.

I agree, however Mr McKenna knows perfectly well that the game will be moved for safety reasons. The hordes have to be accommodated.

aye right in paper I read today he talking about making £100,000 and setting them up for next few seasons,as in every level of football talk is cheap when you wave £10 notes

You're getting your Chairmen mixed up. It's Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale who were talking big cash and looking into moving the fixture to either Easter Road or to the Tony Macaroni Stadium. EKFC have been clear, if they get through they want to apply to the SFA to allow them to host the match at K Park.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/east-kilbride-chairman-mark-horner-7161090

As you can see from the article the stadium holds 500 - they will attempt to double that by building a temporary stand. I really hope EKFC go through. I might even head to K Park next Wednesday to watch the Fourth Round Cup Tie.

Young Anton Brady who played a few first team games for us under Lennon is doing quite well for them apparently.

Hope they get through too, but can't imagine the SFA letting them play the game at that stadium. Probably be moved to NDP at Hamilton.

Edited by TopCat

Young Anton Brady who played a few first team games for us under Lennon is doing quite well for them apparently.

Hope they get through too, but can't imagine the SFA letting them play the game at that stadium. Probably be moved to NDP at Hamilton.

They have Jack Smith as well who has been banging the goals in.

Would be very surprised if the game isn't on TV so whichever non-league clubs gets through will get about £80k from that regardless of where the game is.

Game being played at New Douglas Park

A big fuss over nothing anyway.

Just pick a new Venue tomorrow and get on with it.

I would have made them play at East Kilbride's Park.

500 tickets for Home fans

100 for Away Fans

No problem with that.

A big fuss over nothing anyway.

Just pick a new Venue tomorrow and get on with it.

I would have made them play at East Kilbride's Park.

500 tickets for Home fans

100 for Away Fans

No problem with that.

Or Celtics 2nd Stadium (Re-branded as and when required)

:P

Edited by whydowebother

Was Dickson a bit premature in casting judgement on this?

Not at all. EKFC have made it clear they didn't want to play at Douglas Park. Dave McKenna said that they had contacted Hamilton Accies about potential costs to use the ground if K Park wasn't given a safety certificate for the match and Hamilton didn't respond. Next thing he heard the SFA were telling them the fixture was to go ahead there. I know EKFC were disgusted by the SFA attitude to all of this, maybe Hamilton weren't happy with how the SFA conducted themselves on this matter too.

I still believe EKFC should be congratulated on their attitude to this fixture though. They wanted it to go ahead at K Park, there's no reason it shouldn't if the capacity is limited to 500.

• 1 month later...