Striker on trial

As others have said on the Forum, January is likely to see Tom and Ryan return to Rangers.  Should this happen then best wishes to them for the future.

Others have suggested that Jamie should concentrate on Coaching. I wouldn't argue with that. 

David Clarkson is only played for up to 60 minutes in a game so should perhaps move on and play on at a lower level for another year or two.

Andy Webster and Rocco Quonn appear to be long term injured so pose a different issue. It needs to be resolved in both cases however.

Shanklin has shown he can score. Has he shown the manager that he is fit enough?  Only the manager will know .

These will create opportunities to add to the first team pool.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Lingfield, Webster, McKenzie, Quinn , Hutton, Walsh, Gallagher, Hardie and Shankland. If they were all injured you'd pity Jack Ross and say what chance has he got. Thing is they aren't all injured. Some of the clubs highest earners are fit and willing to play but Ross won't use them.

OK , As you obviously have inside knowledge, would you care to let us know who is & isnt injured ?

1 hour ago, div said:

Quinn & MacKenzie are back in training.

Only one actually now injured is Webster.

McKenzie seems to be an oil rig worker 2 weeks on,2 weeks off

Quinn i don't have much hope as he's picking injuries galore and will be back on the table soon

Webster must be his pride injured as i haven't seen him put in a tackle yet

4 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Lingfield, Webster, McKenzie, Quinn , Hutton, Walsh, Gallagher, Hardie and Shankland. If they were all injured you'd pity Jack Ross and say what chance has he got. Thing is they aren't all injured. Some of the clubs highest earners are fit and willing to play but Ross won't use them.

I'm sure there are a few of them that are physically fit but mentally they are not where they need to be. 

Some people may dress it up as a lack of confidence but I'm certain some of them and other squad members are petrified before they step on the park.  

25 minutes ago, Debaser said:

I'm sure there are a few of them that are physically fit but mentally they are not where they need to be. 

Some people may dress it up as a lack of confidence but I'm certain some of them and other squad members are petrified before they step on the park.  

You think the likes of Jack Baird, Stevie Mallan and Lewis Morgan are proving mentally tougher? And what effect will piling pressure on youngsters like McAllister and Magennis do for their careers?

Edited by Stuart Dickson

4 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You think the likes of Jack Baird, Stevie Mallan and Lewis Morgan are proving mentally tougher? And what effect will piling pressure on youngsters like McAllister and Magennis do for their careers?

Everyone copes with stress in different ways, we all have different life experiences and outside pressures so no I wouldn't say that the players you mention are 'mentally tougher' however I do believe that some of the squad, both those in the injured list and in the team regularly are not 'mentally fit' to give their best at the moment. 

Langfield : Has ranged from crap to just plain Mince this season. Its Gallachers turn.

Webster : Finished & Not interested . :byebye

Hutton: Really ?

Gallagher : Getting a run out in U20s & isnt performing.

Hardie :  Are we sure they sent us the right Hardie ?

Walsh, has done OK on the occasions he has played.

Mckenzie & Quinn : Not fit to play

So are you saying that just because a player is one of the higher earners they should automatically play ? Regardless of performance ?

4 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

It's clear from this comment that you have not been to many games this season. A lot of the players you mention have been the problem this season, making mistake after mistake and in the case of the experienced players, showing no leadership. Only Gallagher could argue he's not really had an opportunity.

It's clear from this comment that you have not been to many games this season. A lot of the players you mention have been the problem this season, making mistake after mistake and in the case of the experienced players, showing no leadership. Only Gallagher could argue he's not really had an opportunity.

From the games I've been to no one has been more error prone than Mallan, Baird has been poor, and whilst Morgan has been one of the few bright spots in an attacking sense he's utterly off the boil now and his defensive side of his game is still shockingly poor.

Even in a computer game no-one in their right mind would drop 9 first team players out of their squad and replace them with youngsters from the under 20s, particularly not when you can't buy a win. It's the kind of action a manager takes if the whole dressing room is in revolution.

1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

From the games I've been to no one has been more error prone than Mallan, Baird has been poor, and whilst Morgan has been one of the few bright spots in an attacking sense he's utterly off the boil now and his defensive side of his game is still shockingly poor.

Even in a computer game no-one in their right mind would drop 9 first team players out of their squad and replace them with youngsters from the under 20s, particularly not when you can't buy a win. It's the kind of action a manager takes if the whole dressing room is in revolution.

Which 9 players have been dropped from the squad ?

[emoji4]

New every day...

Indeed , but I know I spout pish it's the 'players' who need a reality check. :P

On the subject of trials, I'd be happy for us to field a few unknown quantities for the rest of the season to be fair, it's not as if our current mob are producing the goods.

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Totally disagree. Morgan is one of the hardest workers in the team, Baird needs to work on his decision making but he's been hampered by the lack of a decent defender alongside him who can talk him through the game, but ability wise he has potential. Mallan has suffered by being played too deep because Quinn has been injured and Hutton is an imposter. I thought you were a great advocate of youth football, or is it easier to have a go at kids than expect seasoned pros to step up to the plate?

Totally disagree. Morgan is one of the hardest workers in the team, Baird needs to work on his decision making but he's been hampered by the lack of a decent defender alongside him who can talk him through the game, but ability wise he has potential. Mallan has suffered by being played too deep because Quinn has been injured and Hutton is an imposter. I thought you were a great advocate of youth football, or is it easier to have a go at kids than expect seasoned pros to step up to the plate?

There it is again, excuses as to why Mallan the Central Midfielder can't play Central Midfield. I suppose playing 5 yards further back has also killed his ability to pass and damage his accuracy at corners and free kicks.

There it is again, excuses as to why Mallan the Central Midfielder can't play Central Midfield. I suppose playing 5 yards further back has also killed his ability to pass and damage his accuracy at corners and free kicks.

Time will show you up on this one Stewart. Of that I have no doubt.

Your dislike of the lad has given you not tunnel vision... But blinkered vision.

Looking forward to you realising how many hours you spend showing up your inability to spot true talent.

Time will show you up on this one Stewart. Of that I have no doubt.

Your dislike of the lad has given you not tunnel vision... But blinkered vision.

Looking forward to you realising how many hours you spend showing up your inability to spot true talent.

We've done this before haven't we? Quite a few times if I remember correctly. It's quite an open ended threat isn't it? Can we agree now though that I really was right about Mark Crilly. :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

We've done this before haven't we? Quite a few times if I remember correctly. It's quite an open ended threat isn't it? Can we agree now though that I really was right about Mark Crilly. :rolleyes:

What you could do is name the 9 players who have been dropped from the squad. ..... still waiting !

10 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

8 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Langfield

Webster

McKenzie

Gallagher

Walsh

Quinn

Hutton

Shankland

Hardie

I'd named them already. Not my fault you can't read

Langfield had asked to step aside & give Gallacher his chance. 

Webster, Quinn , & Mckenzie all dropped out because of injury....... although many would concede that Webster should have been dropped before his injury.

Shankland & Hardie have played a part in most of the games , albeit as subs . so how can you say they`ve been dropped from the squad?

So that leaves just 3 .............. NOT 9

Hutton : you going to argue he shouldnt be dropped ?

Gallagher : Yes , dropped to U20s .& If youve seen him play in their games ..even you would understand

Walsh: The only one  i would think who might feel miffed .