Did Lee Miller Bite Jack Baird ?

shull

10 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

But the fact is is back to dos and don't dos I'm afraid . So can we agree that he would not have done that under Alex Rae ? Do you agree that the sacking of Rae was done at the wrong time ? As IVE already said Rae would not have got us back to the top division but no way would we have went down . Scott MUST take responsibility for the poor timing that has lead us into this mess it was just not required to bring in Jack Ross or indeed any manager after just a hanfull of games . Jack would have had time to settle in during the close season . Scott has got off " Scott Free " and it's just utter none sense . I will personally be asking him this question at the AGM

Eh.. no. Do you think Baird thought "I'm gonna smash this a*sehole, oh wait who is my manager.. Oh it's Jack Ross now? Aye let's smash him"

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

Eh.. no. Do you think Baird thought "I'm gonna smash this a*sehole, oh wait who is my manager.. Oh it's Jack Ross now? Aye let's smash him"

My mistake I thought you would have known how it works . It's called RESPECT for your manager and teammates . It all comes from the top and the whole place rots . 

Here's my view for what it's worth.

I've probably played over 2,000 games of football, whether 5, 6, 7, or 11 a side in my lifetime. A combination of regular games, tournaments, and leagues when I was younger.

I have once. One time only deliberately targeted another player, and with a late tackle from behind, only after I had been fouled multiple times by the same player (deliberately in my opinion) in the same game without acknowledgement. I instantly regretted it and fully admit I shouldn't have done it. It was frustration, and stupidity.

But, I have NEVER felt the urge or need to actually punch anybody on the field of play in spite of having been kicked, elbowed in the face, head-butted, scratched, and squared up to. I didn't even feel the need to do it either of the two times I've had my leg / ankle broken on the pitch.

So in my opinion, and again it is only my opinion, there is NEVER an excuse for a player throwing a punch at another, even accounting for frustration and anger.

Hopefully it's a one off, let him serve his ban and fight his way back into the team. If he can get back in on merit then draw a line, clean slate.

Have to say, if someone bit me (assuming he wasn't mentally disturbed, etc) my first reaction would probably be to strike out, and perhaps punch him. Self-defence? Shock? Outrage? A combination of all of these, maybe.

Certainly, Baird's red has to stand, but if Miller did indeed bite him, it would very much change my perception of the incident and Baird's conduct.

1 hour ago, zurich_allan said:

Here's my view for what it's worth.

I've probably played over 2,000 games of football, whether 5, 6, 7, or 11 a side in my lifetime. A combination of regular games, tournaments, and leagues when I was younger.

I have once. One time only deliberately targeted another player, and with a late tackle from behind, only after I had been fouled multiple times by the same player (deliberately in my opinion) in the same game without acknowledgement. I instantly regretted it and fully admit I shouldn't have done it. It was frustration, and stupidity.

But, I have NEVER felt the urge or need to actually punch anybody on the field of play in spite of having been kicked, elbowed in the face, head-butted, scratched, and squared up to. I didn't even feel the need to do it either of the two times I've had my leg / ankle broken on the pitch.

So in my opinion, and again it is only my opinion, there is NEVER an excuse for a player throwing a punch at another, even accounting for frustration and anger.

Hopefully it's a one off, let him serve his ban and fight his way back into the team. If he can get back in on merit then draw a line, clean slate.

I don't know about that

Like many others who have played the game at any level there's always challenges to make people lose the heid

Like yourself have said i have had all above happened to me add punched as well

The only time i hit back was when someone spat into my face

I didn't regret it and never have and would do so again if it came to pass

Everyone has different levels of tolerance that's human nature

36 minutes ago, Drew said:

Have to say, if someone bit me (assuming he wasn't mentally disturbed, etc) my first reaction would probably be to strike out, and perhaps punch him. Self-defence? Shock? Outrage? A combination of all of these, maybe.

Certainly, Baird's red has to stand, but if Miller did indeed bite him, it would very much change my perception of the incident and Baird's conduct.

Agree totally. It would be a reaction of shock and anger. Everyone is different, which is why some footballers react violently to very little, while others can withstand extreme provocation without retaliation. I think Baird made a mistake, but if he was provoked it's an understandable mistake. Whatever the goings on, he needs to learn from it. People won't be so willing to allow for it if it happens again.

24 minutes ago, div said:

Had a quick chat with Jack Baird tonight as we worked our way through the calendar signing. He confirmed that the blood on his sleeve was from Lee Millers nose not from any bite.

He confirmed to me that he did indeed bite him ,but on his hand, however won't be taking it any further , he says he only got a 2 match ban as he believes the authorities knew what happened 

Why are St Mirren not making a fuss ?

Falkirk are a despicable Club and Miller is a cheating cnut.

There should be punishments.

The Falkirk arseholes ripped us off and took the piss out our fans in the 1990's over the John Clark scandal

Edited by shull
Totten tit

Had a quick chat with Jack Baird tonight as we worked our way through the calendar signing. He confirmed that the blood on his sleeve was from Lee Millers nose not from any bite.

There you go then, Jack should be hammered then, just what we need is a player reacting like he did with the position we are in. IMO I don't thinks he's good enough I would just play him in case of emergencies.

2 minutes ago, ged62 said:

There you go then, Jack should be hammered then, just what we need is a player reacting like he did with the position we are in. IMO I don't thinks he's good enough I would just play him in case of emergencies.

He should be hammered because he was bitten and reacted?

1 minute ago, ged62 said:

Where's the proof? It's all talk on here I'm sure if he was the club would be doing something about it. Like you I have an opinion emoji6.png

Do you just read every other post? The boy said so himself.

My opinion is based on what Jack is reported to have said, rather than a garbled lucky dip of the posts on display...

Did you read the post subsequent to Div's?

OK what Div post we go with that. End of the day JB retaliated at a point when we were 1 up. All I'm asking is for proof that he got bit, why has the club not said anything, I wasn't a fan of the old board but at least I think they would of made a statement.