Food Bank Collection on 17th December v Ayr

On 21/10/2016 at 10:57 AM, Stuart Dickson said:

Is there going to be an 1877 AGM? Is the committee calling it? Who is on that Committee? Who elected them? Where's their constitution? Do they hold monthly meetings? How do the members go about making changes to the constitution, admission policies or to the brewery used and the products sold?

Its got to be one of the worst examples of a private member clubs that I've ever seen.

On 14/12/2016 at 10:40 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

I heard a similar story where the club demanded a guarantee that a minimum of a certain amount of alcohol would be bought and consumed on the night. I don't know if that was the 1877 club or in the hospitality area. The same outcome though - no booking. You'd almost think that someone, or a group of people, weren't keen on increasing the amount of hospitality business the club does at the stadium for some bizarre reason. :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yep, at least one fan group seems to be switched on. I never thought I'd be backing an organisation set up by Stewart Gilmour but the more I learn about the Fans Council the more I understand their heart is in the right place.

:lol:lol:lol

Thats me been to the supermarket for my foodbank shop.

One bag of messages cotaining various tinned foods, nappies, babywipes and toothpaste.  I didn't buy any womans hygeine products as even at my age I am too bloody embarassed!

Unfortunately I cant carry any more.

Good luck with the collection today and here is hoping wee Buddies make ourselves proud.  Great initiative.

Edited by TediousTom

Thats me been to the supermarket for my foodbank shop.
One bag of messages cotaining various tinned foods, nappies, babywipes and toothpaste.  I didn't buy any womans hygeine products as even at my age I am too bloody embarassed!

Unfortunately I cant carry any more.

Good luck with the collection today and here is hoping wee Buddies make ourselves proud.  Great initiative.

You couldn't bring yourself to buy women's 'products' , not even during the festive period ? :P

4 hours ago, zurich_allan said:
Just dropped off a few bags of stuff at the west stand. Whichever of you it was that took them said that they'd already filled and emptied a bin of donations, and that was quite early. Hopefully they get everything they need for over the festive period.

Someone turned up at 2pm with a boot full of stuff which helped get the first bin filled for the day but I am sure there would be many more bins filled.

Edited by Sonny

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Stuart Dickson said:

Yep, at least one fan group seems to be switched on. I never thought I'd be backing an organisation set up by Stewart Gilmour but the more I learn about the Fans Council the more I understand their heart is in the right place.

SMiSA donated cash to the foodbank last week,  not making a big deal of it

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

My dad, 86 years old, got a taxi down, deposited about £20 worth of stuff and got a taxi back home.

I asked him why he didn't just go to the game.

He said he had spent £20, plus taxi fare, on a good cause already today. :lol:

I love my dad. :clapping

Is his nickname shull?

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

My dad, 86 years old, got a taxi down, deposited about £20 worth of stuff and got a taxi back home.

I asked him why he didn't just go to the game.

He said he had spent £20, plus taxi fare, on a good cause already today. :lol:

I love my dad. :clapping

You could have given him your season ticket :rolleyes: