Let me invest £2,500 interest free for a 15 year period.

26 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It's not the same thing Div.

This us up front capital. 

Key to fast growth businesses. 

Not every day stuff, I know.

Also misses the other points raised about donations etc which depend on the club or perhaps organisations such as Smisa being Social Enterprises. 

Disagree by all means.

I would also like to see the number of opportunities to be 100. By my reckoning 100 x £2500 is a fair amount of working capital for the club to have. 

The board could then budget for both capital and revenue costs on a more solid basis. 

No need to shoot me because the idea is different. I would still wish the board to be composed in the same way as present giving Smisa members their say in the use to which the capital is put.

In fact, I would introduce another lower financial opportunity for still more fans to participate perhaps on a more flexible basis.

Sorry pal, I've absolutely no idea what you are on about.  To quote the Dragon's Den, I'm out.

14 minutes ago, div said:

Sorry pal, I've absolutely no idea what you are on about.  To quote the Dragon's Den, I'm out.

No disraspect Div and none taken.

This type if finance may be new to many who have not been involved as owners or directors in growth orientated businesses.

Edited by St.Ricky

Currently St Mirren has underused assets. 

Seats going a - begging.  They could be occupied by other bodies...

Currently (and ongoing as far as foreseeable) St Mirren has insufficient capital. 

Flogging a different kind of package might thus be a benefit...

However, would such packages undercut current arrangements?  Would those who do already pay weekly through the nose not opt for a new package?

Getting more  AND different bums on seats PLUS more brass in pocket has always been the difficulty...

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

No disraspect Div and none taken.

This type if finance may be new to many who have not been involved as owners or directors in growth orientated businesses.

Honest to god man. Do you think people are thick?

You want to effectively lend the club £2500 for 15 years, take a shit load of benefits for it.

And then you want to be repaid in full the initial "investment" of £2500.

Do you seriously think this sort of financial arrangement is new?

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

That is the point Isle of Bute.

I am talking about creating long term funding plans which do not disturb the deal for fan ownership. 

Ricky your talking pish.

Apart from bankrupting the team I love your logic is utter garbage

By your theory I want an Aston DB11, its worth £150k, but I will offer 65k for  free servicing, petrol for life  and a blonde in the front seat

U should try stand up:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

It's not the same thing Div.

This us up front capital. 

Key to fast growth businesses. 

Not every day stuff, I know.

Leaving aside the patronising last sentence........

Up front capital is one thing. What you are talking about is the club whoring itself for a couple of quid.

Oh and that "key to fast growth" sentence? Fast growth in business is rarely a good thing. It's a sign of a bubble and we all know what happens to them.

Did nobody ever warn you about people promising "get rich quick" schemes?

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ricky your talking pish.

Apart from bankrupting the team I love your logic is utter garbage

By your theory I want an Aston DB11, its worth £150k, but I will offer 65k for  free servicing, petrol for life  and a blonde in the front seat

U should try stand up:rolleyes:

It's worse than that. He would want the entire £65k back after he has finished with the car.

That's the level of lunacy we are talking about here.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Up front capital is one thing. What you are talking about is the club whoring itself for a couple of quid.

Oh and that "key to fast growth" sentence? Fast growth in business is rarely a good thing. It's a sign of a bubble and we all know what happens to them.

Let me think what other Scottish team whored itself. oh yeah I remember

THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB 2012- 2018 (probably) 

55 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Interesting slant.

All doom and gloom.

Warnings of past events being repeated.

If you read what I said then you would see that the idea would be to provide stability to enable the short term financing of revenue raising initiatives which the board say are being held up by a lack of capital. Taking that out of the equation would allow the club to grow faster than relying upon doing so from revenue alone.  

Simple business sense really. 

Feel free to deride if you wish guys. I cannot see how putting forward ideas which might help the club plan it's future finances more easily can cause such adverse reactions. Strange. 

Can I just get what you're asking for straight? What I'm reading is you want to pay for your next 15 year season tickets up front but at a drastically reduced cost plus a whole host of additional benefits?

Or is it £2,500 a season you want to give to the club? What do you mean by 'invest' as in you also want the money back with a potential financial gain?

31 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Interesting slant.

All doom and gloom.

Warnings of past events being repeated.

If you read what I said then you would see that the idea would be to provide stability to enable the short term financing of revenue raising initiatives which the board say are being held up by a lack of capital. Taking that out of the equation would allow the club to grow faster than relying upon doing so from revenue alone.  

Simple business sense really. 

More patronising pish.

Do you seriously think the problem here is that we are not understanding the sheer brilliance of your idea?

Can you really be lacking self awareness to this degree?

The club will never agree to take £2500 off you, allow you to love like a king for 15 bloody years and thn hand yonthe £2500 back again. It is utterly brainless to think they would. It is utterly brainless to think this is a good thing businesswise and it is utterly brainless to continue talking down to people as though only you have a business brain of any value.

Edited by oaksoft

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Can I just get what you're asking for straight? What I'm reading is you want to pay for your next 15 year season tickets up front but at a drastically reduced cost plus a whole host of additional benefits?

Or is it £2,500 a season you want to give to the club? What do you mean by 'invest' as in you also want the money back with a potential financial gain?

Really, don't waste your time.

He's in a land of his own, already has a stunning record of starting bizarre threads and is full of his self importance

Certainly not who he portrays himself to be, been here before in another guise but deserves credit for making up a character and sticking with it for so long.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Really, don't waste your time.

He's in a land of his own, already has a stunning record of starting bizarre threads and is full of his self importance

Certainly not who he portrays himself to be, been here before in another guise but deserves credit for making up a character and sticking with it for so long.

I think we both know who this guy is. He reminds me of a series of other aliases over the years.

6 hours ago, antrin said:

Currently St Mirren has underused assets. 

Seats going a - begging.  They could be occupied by other bodies...

Currently (and ongoing as far as foreseeable) St Mirren has insufficient capital. 

Flogging a different kind of package might thus be a benefit...

However, would such packages undercut current arrangements?  Would those who do already pay weekly through the nose not opt for a new package?

Getting more  AND different bums on seats PLUS more brass in pocket has always been the difficulty...

Good points. Thanks 

Guest TPAFKATS

But how would the club decide how to spent this amazing windfall of, erm, £2,500?
New astroturf pitch, players or 1,250 lucky dips for a euromillions rollover? Possibilities are endless, I only hope Fitzy reads this forum!

I'm still perplexed by this continued word salad of business terms that is served up by St Ricky.

If I am reading it correctly he's saying he's willing to give the club £2500 today in return for what amounts to 15 years of executive club level membership which currently sells for £1200 per annum.

So he's prepared to put up £2.5K in return for receiving £18K of benefits.

Then after those 15 years he'd like his £2.5K back.

You can throw all the business jargon you like at that scheme but I think anyone with a degree of common sense can see that it's absolutely fucking barking.

16 minutes ago, div said:

I'm still perplexed by this continued word salad of business terms that is served up by St Ricky.

If I am reading it correctly he's saying he's willing to give the club £2500 today in return for what amounts to 15 years of executive club level membership which currently sells for £1200 per annum.

So he's prepared to put up £2.5K in return for receiving £18K of benefits.

Then after those 15 years he'd like his £2.5K back.

You can throw all the business jargon you like at that scheme but I think anyone with a degree of common sense can see that it's absolutely f**king barking.

It might be worth giving consideration as to what an individual could expect for an interest free loan of £2,500 for a period of five years .

I would suggest %10 off season ticket price , free match parking , a weeks free holiday parking and BOGOF voucher for hospitality each season